THE BROWNS BOARD

Landry returning punts

Ibleedbrown

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm assuming "pouncy" is a typo? :)

I'm sitting here racking my brain, trying to figure out what "pouncy" means for a minute. 

And then his brain started to smoke. :lol:

13 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Landry is an absolute KEY to our offense. I am another who doesn't like to risk him returning punts.

Mike

Yes. I hate to think about an "oh sh|t" moment and then "who's Landry's backup for the next ___ months?"

Risky business. An 0-16 team will have holes to fill this is one of them, next man up time and hope for the best.

No way I would have Landry returning kicks.   Put in someone else who can catch the ball.   No need to risk a pro bowl caliber WR returning kicks.   That's how you lose a vital player for the season and could ruin his career if its a major injury.

1 minute ago, Coyote said:

No way I would have Landry returning kicks.   Put in someone else who can catch the ball.   No need to risk a pro bowl caliber WR returning kicks.   That's how you lose a vital player for the season and could ruin his career if its a major injury.

Almost a no-brainer......hey coyote, what's new pal? Ready for the BROWNS winning streak?

It was very obvious to me that he was the MUCH better candidate, but I worry about potential injury.  I'm not sure we can afford to lose him on a punt return.  Landry is a GIANT piece of our offense.  

15 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

So Landry just started returning punts part way through the last game. No real pub about it. Overshadowed by other things l suppose.

Yet there he was, multi million heart of the wideouts guy returning punts. 

Interesting move and all, but l dunno. Thoughts?

Thoughts?  Why is not our All American punt returner,  Peppers, back there doing that job?  He was supposed to be the next Devin Hester/Josh Cribbs as a return man.   So far he is just the next Statue of Liberty.....standing there with his hand in the air to make a fair catch.

(I just thought of that....the Statue of Liberty/fair catch thing.....I think its kinda funny)

statue_liberty_strip.gif

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Thoughts?  Why is not our All American punt returner,  Peppers, back there doing that job?  He was supposed to be the next Devin Hester/Josh Cribbs as a return man.   So far he is just the next Statue of Liberty.....standing there with his hand in the air to make a fair catch.

(I just thought of that....the Statue of Liberty/fair catch thing.....I think its kinda funny)

statue_liberty_strip.gif

Hahahaha.  Funny.

That Peppers fair catch thing STILL bothers me.  Like I said in another post, the Raiders have basically lose EVERY game at the end, due to a play or two.  A fair catch like that could literally be the difference between winning and losing.  We simply aren't good enough to overcome things like that, ya know?  

What I liked about Jarvis was his decisiveness.  He caught it, he ran with it.  And he caught it very well, securely.  

Our special teams coach WANTS Callaway catching punts, but Hue overruled him.  Hue didn't want something so heavy on a rookie's shoulders, which I can understand.  When Callaway is ready, he'll be out there, and he'll likely be very good at it.  

4 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Hahahaha.  Funny.

That Peppers fair catch thing STILL bothers me.  Like I said in another post, the Raiders have basically lose EVERY game at the end, due to a play or two.  A fair catch like that could literally be the difference between winning and losing.  We simply aren't good enough to overcome things like that, ya know?  

What I liked about Jarvis was his decisiveness.  He caught it, he ran with it.  And he caught it very well, securely.  

Our special teams coach WANTS Callaway catching punts, but Hue overruled him.  Hue didn't want something so heavy on a rookie's shoulders, which I can understand.  When Callaway is ready, he'll be out there, and he'll likely be very good at it.  

Calloway?  No,  it should be Peppers.  OK, maybe he is dinged up a bit.   But he has still sucked balls as a punt returner.  Half the reason we took him in round one was for his supposed return abilities....because it was admitted that his coverage skill were deficient.  He may do all right as an in the box safety....but I suggest that we could have gotten what we have gotten out of him from like a 5th round pick.   If he can't return picks, if he can't cover, if he can't intercept a ball (when was the last time that happened?).....if all he can do is tackle in the box, we could have just drafted a Linebacker later in the draft.  We would have been better off with a guy like Eddie Baker, now of the Bears, taken in round 4, who, as a safety has done much better than Peppers.  Or Budda Baker, taken in round 2 by the Cards.

Point is, this guy needs to step up more in his primary role as a DB/KR......(and so does Njoku).  Lets not have these guys become just another Ghost of Browns first round picks past.....pretty much all of whom have been busts for the last 10 years.

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Point is, this guy needs to step up more in his primary role as a DB/KR......(and so does Njoku).

Well Scotland Keith has a Njoku jersey so that guy is fucked for his long term prospects for the Browns. 

Just now, Mark O said:

Well Scotland Keith has a Njoku jersey so that guy is Shmucked for his long term prospects for the Browns. 

So?  Anyone whose jersey Kmac wears turns to shite?  Maybe the moral of the story is that any time he comes into town, tear that jersey off and burn it....and make him wear like pink puffy shirts when he is here.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

So?  Anyone whose jersey Kmac wears turns to shite?  Maybe the moral of the story is that any time he comes into town, tear that jersey off and burn it....and make him wear like pink puffy shirts when he is here.

Anyone of them who buys a jersey, the player goes to shit.   Mike has a Shelton jersey.  Howie has someone else no longer with the Browns.  They're as big a jinx as a black cat and they won't learn.

17 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Anyone of them who buys a jersey, the player goes to Sheet.   Mike has a Shelton jersey.  Howie has someone else no longer with the Browns.  They're as big a jinx as a black cat and they won't learn.

Solution:  Tell them all that they must just wear  #32 jerseys....and then to STFU.

8 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Gip, only you could be so wrong about so many things, while having all of the confidence in what you say, in one string of posts. 

I am absolutely right about Peppers being a disappointment  at being a kick returner.  He has broken nothing of significance.  He may have had one punt return so far in his career of over 20 yards.  His kick returns have seen a single one go for 35 yards.

I am also absolutely correct about his interceptions.  He had one last year and one this year.  Maybe he is getting better...since he matched last year's total already.

As for his coverage skills.....absolutely correct about them being mediocre.  Absolutely correct.

As for his tackling...I said he has done fairly well so far.   And so I am absolutely correct about that.

So....I am absolutely correct about absolutley everything.     yes, according to you...I am wrong about everything.  What it actually proves is that I am right again:   that you are stupid, that you can see nothing wrong in Peppers because you are blinded by love, apparently.

Let's see if the group here agrees with me or with you. 

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Almost a no-brainer......hey coyote, what's new pal? Ready for the BROWNS winning streak?

Heya MJP.  Yea man I am ready for like a Browns 10 game winning streak......LOL

2 hours ago, Mark O said:

Anyone of them who buys a jersey, the player goes to Sheet.   Mike has a Shelton jersey. 

And a lava-lava IIRC... :)

On Landry... as a steady diet, I'm not down with him pulling PR duty, but in special situations... absolutely... put him back there.

KC uses Hill... SEA uses Lockett... even TB put Jackson back there the other nite and almost turned the game around except for the block in the back thing.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I am absolutely right about Peppers being a disappointment  at being a kick returner.  He has broken nothing of significance.  He may have had one punt return so far in his career of over 20 yards.  His kick returns have seen a single one go for 35 yards.

I am also absolutely correct about his interceptions.  He had one last year and one this year.  Maybe he is getting better...since he matched last year's total already.

As for his coverage skills.....absolutely correct about them being mediocre.  Absolutely correct.

As for his tackling...I said he has done fairly well so far.   And so I am absolutely correct about that.

So....I am absolutely correct about absolutley everything.     yes, according to you...I am wrong about everything.  What it actually proves is that I am right again:   that you are stupid, that you can see nothing wrong in Peppers because you are blinded by love, apparently.

Let's see if the group here agrees with me or with you. 

I did my damnedest to get Tyler Lockett here. But nooooooooooooo!😂

Archived