THE BROWNS BOARD

If the Playoffs started today 10/2/18

The Gipper

Believe it or not it is not too early really to start tracking this, as in fact, If the playoffs started today, after the first 4 games (for most teams)...the actual playoff participants would be set.  So, here is who would be in:

AFCE  Miami   3-1

AFCN  Cincinnati   3-1  (by virtue of beating the Ravens)

AFCS Tennessee 3-1  (by virtue of beating the Jags)

AFCW Kansas City  4-0   with #1 seed

Wildcards:   Jacksonville and Baltimore, both 3-1

NFCE:  Washington 2-1

NFCN:  Chicago 3-1

NFCS: New Orleans  3-1

NFCW: LA Rams  4-0   with #1 seed

Wildcards:  Green Bay  2-1-1,  Carolina  2-1 

(Washington and Carolina have a bit of an edge, having had their bye week)

Race for the #1 overall draft pick:

Arizona Cardinals   0-4    

9 other teams tied at 1-3    

Browns would pick from 11 -13...with a 1-2-1 record,   tied with Pittsburgh and Minnesota.

There are three games this week between teams that are currently in line for the playoffs as noted above:

Chiefs vs.  Jaguars    These MAY be the two best teams in the AFC

Redskins vs. Saints     I think the Skins start taking their expected dive this week.

Bengals vs. Dolphins   Both 3-1.   Winner stays in good shape for future.

Cardinals play the 49ers.    AZ may be able to get their first win this week.

Falcons play the Steelers.    Both teams were considered heavy playoff favorites before the season....but ATL would slip to 1-4 if they lose, and Steelers to 1-3-1 if they do....and each would have a rough road to make it back into playoff contention.

I had a feeling the AFC and in particular the AFCN would be an adventure this year.

Meanwhile the NFC champions would just sit there waiting to win another Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

I had a feeling the AFC and in particular the AFCN would be an adventure this year.

Meanwhile the NFC champions would just sit there waiting to win another Super Bowl.

How do you figure that?   The consensus  favorite in the NFC is now the Rams....and they certainly look good,    but I would not say that they are any sort of a sure things vs.   Jags/Chiefs/Pats etc. 

Before the season I figured the Pats were finally too old, Jags flawed, KC who knew?  The NFC has several better teams.

So bet a ton on the futures and retire and go travel Gip. ;)

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Before the season I figured the Pats were finally too old, Jags flawed, KC who knew?  The NFC has several better teams.

So bet a ton on the futures and retire and go travel Gip. ;)

Well, I think you figured wrong.    You got ONE team in the NFC that looks like it could hang with the Jags, Chiefs, Ravens, Pats.    That is the Rams.  It is every other NFC team that is flawed.

Vikings?  Eagles?  Every NFCS team.   

I think "Power ratings" are stupid, but I would bet that more AFC teams would appear high in those power ratings than NFC teams.

See this:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24863134/nfl-power-rankings-standout-rookies-all-32-teams-2018-week-5

Archived