THE BROWNS BOARD

Chargers - call your shot

jcam222

On 10/10/2018 at 5:28 PM, Clevfan4life said:

front 7 is not very good without joey. Melvin ingram only has 2.5 sacks. Their leading sacker is derwin james, the FS. So u can tell that pressure comes from blitzes. We run the ball up that a-ss for a quarter or 2 and that defense will fold. Rem the browns teams of the last 2 years gave these chargers a tough fight...think about that. We beat them 2 years ago and had a close game last year that came down to kizer shtting himself. The worst 2 year team maybe in nfl history gave the chargers a loss one year and a fight the next....

im hoping joey sees the writing on the wall cause once rivers retires thats it....they go back to what they were pre rivers and prob worse now that they're in a city that gives zero fuks about em

come back to ohio joey.....ur ~2 hours away from osu. U can drive down for every big game and sit on the sidelines

Great stuff, thanks! Ok very familiar with Derwin, as I live in Tallahassee and went to FSU. There was zero doubt in my mind about his potential. I think this game will largely come down to another rookie, Denzel Ward, and how well he does against Keenen Allen. But you're definitely right, we seem to play the Bolts tough about every time. I remember last year I was furious after re-watching the game (per the norm, lol), and it was Josh's first game back. I was furious because Hue created several opportunities for Josh to get deep on single coverage, and Kizer missed him almost every time. It's not a stretch to say Josh should've had 200 yards that game. 

Bosa coming here would be insane. 😁

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, it's prediction time! We're steamrolling into the weekend with some momentum and another home game. We previously used this winning momentum to jump out to a 14 point lead against the Raiders, but ultimately fell after we turned it over twice and the refs snatched a victory from us. We need to find a way to learn from squandering a sizeable lead, and finish games when we have the chance. 

So, I'm making two predictions for this game, which is obviously cheating, but I don't care! 😁

I'm calling two different scores, one from my brain, the other from my heart. 

Brain says Chargers win because they're a good team and their qb is on fire. I believe Rivers has 13 TDs against 2 picks (yo!) and he's playing about as well as he ever has. He's got plenty of weapons to choose from, and their screen game is strong...always a concern for a Gregg Williams defense. Even though Rivers has the mobility of Stephen Hawking, he doesn't get sacked all that much because of his quick release and rare ability to actually know what the defense is running. Perhaps the best way to get pressure on him is straight up the gut, so we'll need Ogunjobi to blow it up Sunday. Our tackling also must be better this week because the Chargers thrive off YAC. They've also got a talented RB who can run and catch. Both teams move the ball in this game, but Chargers win because they'll be better in the red zone. No knock against Baker and our boys, but rookies historically struggle in this area. Also, their defense held the Raiders to 10 points. The same offense that chewed us a new butt hole. Score:

Chargers - 35

Browns - 20

That being said, my HEART says screw all that nonsense. We're getting better, we're at home again, and we're now EXPECTING to win...even if just a little. But I feel the confidence, and a team like ours will never be OVERCONFIDENT because we understand just how difficult winning is, and we're going to fight. Our receivers have worked more with Baker and will be more comfortable catching the rock. I expect few, if any, drops this game. We'll utilize more tight ends, and both Njoku and Devalve will have TDs. Teams traveling across the country don't always play well, and I'm thinking that will hold true Sunday. Rivers has been on an unholy TEAR this year, and he's due for a come back to earth game. Denzel Ward gets another pick, and this could be the game where our defense finally takes one of their many turnovers, and scores it for us. Myles will face near constant double teams, but will have a sack. Ogunjobi steals the spotlight with 2 sacks and forces a fumble. Browns win a game with a ton of offense, and finally pull away late with the aforementioned defensive TD. Score:

Browns - 38

Chargers - 27

Baker Mayfield - 28/40, 331 yards, 3 TDs, no picks. TDs go to Devalve, Njoku, and Callaway (we finally hit him deep). Hyde gets a rushing TD. Joseph is perfect on XP's and his lone FG attempt. Defense gets their TD from an Ogunjobi strip-sack and Myles scoops it up for the score. The heart wants what it wants! 

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

which is obviously cheating, but I don't care! 😁

Chargers - 35

Browns - 20

OR*****

Browns - 38

Chargers - 27

The heart wants what it wants! 

Christ, I can't wait for jiggins in Mark O's Tavern entrance this week..  9aLY.gif                                                        NF0Y.gif                    CHEERS!!🍺  🥃 🍻 

He's free to do what he wants.   No one has any powers in the tavern anymore.   I'll see how long I can stand the negativity (and its not just him, there are others) and bail when it gets to be too depressing to read.

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

LOL, now I have to give you some grief- how about your Super Stud Saquon helping the Giants to a stellar 1-5 record? You were a little late to the Baker party.  :)  It's not just about scoring points, it's also about preventing the other team from scoring points- and Denzel Ward stopped at least 6, and possibly 9 bu the Ravens with that interception and blocked field goal. 

Yeah, I watched most of the Eagles- Giants game, and here's my impression. They showed a clip of Barkley comparing him to Barry Sanders. OK, he's good, maybe very good, his 230 or so combined yards resulted in another loss. So question- riddle me this- how many Super Bowls was Barry a part of? Answer- none. Here's the G-Men's problems as I see them. They have no defense- Wentz took them apart- think the other Chubb or Ward would have helped out there?  And as I opined before the draft Eli is as washed up as a beached whale, even worse than your whipping boy Brady. If it was Gettleman's idea (their GM's) one last hurrah with Eli, Saquon, and Beckham it officially blew up last night. OTOH, if his idea was to pull a Browns and go 3-13 or worse to snag Eli's replacement at the top of the 2019 draft- just might be perverted genius, but we'll see if those impatient New York fans won't want to run him out of town before April next year rolls around.  

Them Giants fans just might be wishing they had drafted Darnold and not Saquon.  

Saquon played a great game.

Maybe that's the reason they only lost by 21 points?

They should've taken a QB. 

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Christ, I can't wait for jiggins in Mark O's Tavern entrance this week..  9aLY.gif                                                        NF0Y.gif                    CHEERS!!🍺  🥃 🍻 

Hahahaha! 

No chance. You'll see. 😁♥️🐶🏈

I mean, no chance I'm an azzhat. 

On 10/11/2018 at 9:14 AM, BrownsFan4Evr said:

.....NOBODY CARES about college baseball !!!  :)

19 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

How about this guy?

875C0D88-CB74-44C5-A007-C683C8EEC614.jpeg

Only cause we may care... 

I had no clue it was that complicated 😻   

13 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Sorry.... gotta wait for This Week in the AFCN or else Zelda will copy my work...

I was leaving on vacation so I couldn’t wait for this week in the AFC North so I had to call In the temp service early and you can see Rachel above who could help me out here before I left. too bad she couldn’t come with me though on this trip 

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I was leaving on vacation so I couldn’t wait for this week in the AFC North so I had to call In the temp service early and you can see Rachel above who could help me out here before I left. too bad she couldn’t come with me though on this trip 

Oh I do know this nice young very good secretary Layla who loves to travel.....for a fee.

2018-10-13 04.07.46.png

20 hours ago, Mark O said:

He's free to do what he wants.   No one has any powers in the tavern anymore.   I'll see how long I can stand the negativity (and its not just him, there are others) and bail when it gets to be too depressing to read.

It won't happen again Mark. Rain or shine, we'll have a good time in the Tavern. Promise. 

Can't wait! It's got the makings of a fun game. I'm REALLY hoping that we're starting to develop a true homefield advantage, ya know? We start winning consistently at home and it'll go a long way to giving us a psychological edge. Also, that crowd noise seemed like no joke last week. We need all the help we can get, and there's no reason why the Dawg Pound shouldn't be a very tough place to play. 

12 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

It won't happen again Mark. Rain or shine, we'll have a good time in the Tavern. Promise. 

Can't wait! It's got the makings of a fun game. I'm REALLY hoping that we're starting to develop a true homefield advantage, ya know? We start winning consistently at home and it'll go a long way to giving us a psychological edge. Also, that crowd noise seemed like no joke last week. We need all the help we can get, and there's no reason why the Dawg Pound shouldn't be a very tough place to play. 

First time we get behind you'll cave like a little girl.🧚‍♀️😁

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

First time we get behind you'll cave like a little girl.🧚‍♀️😁

Hehe. Give me a LITTLE credit! I'll last at least until the second time we trail. 😁🏈

I'm really hoping for good red zone execution. Something tells me we're gonna need TDs and not FG attempts to win this game, and I don't see 12 points getting the job done. Perhaps Duke and Devalve can work some magic. I have a good feeling about them tomorrow. 

Quick question. Is there any way to listen to Jim Donovan while watching the national coverage? I use the Sunday Ticket app and cast it to my TV, and I'm like 30 seconds behind. Anyone know if I can pause the Donovan broadcast in order to sync up the Direct TV broadcast? 

8 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

I’m worried about our tackles neither are good enough and today starts a run of games where we face decent pass rushes

Baker will need to get the ball out fast today 

And I think he will. As he gets more practice time, I expect his reads to get even better (they're already pretty good, especially for a rookie). It also goes without saying that we need to CATCH the ball today. Baker is traditionally someone who completes a very high percentage of passes, but so far he's only around 58%. Some of that is from drops, but not all of it. And 58% is still OK, no doubt, but I bet he expects more. (Darnold is at 55%, Allen is at 53% for comparison. Rivers is at 70%, which is bonkers) 

Most importantly, Baker needs to complete his passes in the red zone. I just don't think FG's are going to win this game, and I don't trust Joseph yet anyway. If we're going to win, I envision it being a high-scoring victory. 

3 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Baker is traditionally someone who completes a very high percentage of passes, but so far he's only around 58%. Some of that is from drops, but not all of it. And 58% is still OK, no doubt, but I bet he expects more. (Darnold is at 55%, Allen is at 53% for comparison. Rivers is at 70%, which is bonkers) 

Rivers is so good, could be in the “underrated” category 

3 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Rivers is so good, could be in the “underrated” category 

I agree. You look at him, and you're thinking, "He's very slow. He doesn't have a giant arm. He kind of flings the ball sidearm, and his offensive line isn't great. We should be able to sack him consistently, right?" 

Nope. Lol. He's so good at identifying what the defense is doing and then getting the ball to his playmakers in stride. We definitely have to tackle VERY well today. We also need Ogunjobi to get tons of that central pressure because Rivers won't be able to evade a rush coming straight from the front. I think Rivers is Hall of Fame, but many don't agree. 

On 10/12/2018 at 9:16 AM, gumby73 said:

9aLY.gif                   

My all-time fav:

Sam: How's the world treating you, Norm?

Norm: Sammy, it's a dog-eat-dog world out there and I'm wearing MilkBone underwear.

"How's it going Mr. Peterson?" Poor. I'm sorry to hear that. No, I meant pour.

And now back to football....pour.

5 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

I’m worried about our tackles neither are good enough and today starts a run of games where we face decent pass rushes

Hubbard and Harrison both suck bad

5 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Yes having good quality OL or DL are the foundations of any good team it all starts up front even with a quick release QB.  

Need to get Landry and Duke into the game, soon.

3 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

zaSad performance. Williams defence is Swiss cheese.

Why let your franchise QB limp around. I thought you dickheads were LO ING

I understand Youngstown doesn't have the best public school system, but man, you are an illiterate Shmuck. 

1 minute ago, Ghoolie said:

Like mypenis, my fingers are huge. Like your penis,my.phone keyboard is small.

Revarding grammar and writing, when you become a published author, thencome.talk to me. Until then, readme, learn and cry about  the Browns passing on Barkley.

I am, your Master, and the king of this board.

Whatever you say, Bitch Tits. 

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Whatever you say, Bitch Tits. 

I wonder if he knows what a stylus is?

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Conical or elliptical?

Rock, paper, scissors? No. Maybe just a pencil?

.......I can't resist he might have had the same problem in 7th grade, "teacher I can't $#€♤~♧ spell because of this $#@ £@&n pencil, it's too $#× &@£€ small". 

I know I'm bad and am going straight to he11.  :lol:

Archived