THE BROWNS BOARD

how bout dat der carl nassib feller!

Clevfan4life

22 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Actually, you have your terminology confused.   A "fair weather fan" is a person who remains a fan of a team....but mainly only in good times...when they are winning, but they disappear when they are losing...but still, they essentially stay loyal to their team.

What you are talking about is being a Front Runner.  Or as we call them:  FRAKs.  FrontRunnerAssKissers.  These are the fans whose allegiance is essentially for sale.  They will root for a team that is good and winning, but if that team is bad, they will go and become a fan of a different team....that, of course, is winning.  

No one here really wants you to be that.  That kind of person is lower than a snakes butt.  We see plenty of those types....mostly fans of the Steelers, (but some other teams have been loaded with FRAK fans....Cowboys, Yankees, Celtics, Lakers etc.).

No, we don't want you to be a FRAK....ergo....you should change your avatar to show your true colors.

Fair enough! Haven't heard FRAK before, learn something new every day. Seems like Bandwaggoning as I call it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FriendOfBernieKosar said:

Fair enough! Haven't heard FRAK before, learn something new every day. Seems like Bandwaggoning as I call it.

Yes, basically the same thing.  Its just that being called a FRAK seems much more harsh and disparaging than being called a Bandwagonner....as it should be.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Yes, basically the same thing.  Its just that being called a FRAK seems much more harsh and disparaging than being called a Bandwagonner....as it should be.

That's debatable.  True, I've heard Bandwagon fans described as FRAKS...jumping from frontrunner team to frontrunner

We can agree that a fairweather fan remains loyal to their team,  but only come out when their team is winning.

Bandwagon fans however disown their team, but unlike a FRAK they will not pledge allegiance to another.  Would rather stop watching football....will jump back on the bandwagon when their team starts winning.

You've heard it before from both browns and bengals fans  "I'm done with this team"...to which your reply is "don't let the door hit ya".

Every Steeler FRAK I know are former browns fans. Shame on you guys.

22 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

That's debatable.  True, I've heard Bandwagon fans described as FRAKS...jumping from frontrunner team to frontrunner

We can agree that a fairweather fan remains loyal to their team,  but only come out when their team is winning.

Bandwagon fans however disown their team, but unlike a FRAK they will not pledge allegiance to another.  Would rather stop watching football....will jump back on the bandwagon when their team starts winning.

You've heard it before from both browns and bengals fans  "I'm done with this team"...to which your reply is "don't let the door hit ya".

Every Steeler FRAK I know are former browns fans. Shame on you guys.

I think the one description you make is a Fairweather fans. And then your last sentence absolutely. 

Archived