THE BROWNS BOARD

Manufacturing Jobs Up 32,000 in October, 434,000 Under Trump

OldBrownsFan

October Payrolls Surge By 250K, Smashing Expectations As Wage Growth Soars

job gains have averaged 218,000 over the past 3 months.

Hispanic unemployment dropped to a record low 

The increase in average hourly earnings jumped by 3.1%

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-11-02/october-payrolls-surge-250k-smashing-expectations-wages-spike-31

It's amazing that the left won't give Pres Trump one bit of credit for all the promises he's keeping, and the improvement in

our dynamic economy, etc etc etc. (despite the Fed raising rates way too soon)

6 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

It's amazing that the left won't give Pres Trump one bit of credit for all the promises he's keeping, and the improvement in

our dynamic economy, etc etc etc. (despite the Fed raising rates way too soon)

The mainstream media would have played up the economy big time if Obama ever had these numbers but that never happened in his 8 years. The recovery summer Biden promised never happened. In Obama's 8 years we had the worst economic growth coming out of a recession since the 40's. Now Obama is trying to take credit for the Trump economy. In fairness to Obama he did take over an economic mess but he never righted the ship in 8 years and we went 10 trillion dollars more in debt during his watch.

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The magic wand is the $Trillion deficit. It works (for now). Republican congress would never have done that for Obama even if he had tried. Bunch of spend and no tax Dems they are.

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The magic wand is the $Trillion deficit. It works (for now). Republican congress would never have done that for Obama even if he had tried. Bunch of spend and no tax Dems they are.

Obama wouldn't have tried. The democrats always go the higher tax route to increase revenue. The magic wand wasn't the nearly trillion dollar stimulus of Obama that wasted billions of dollars on every pet project the dems ever wanted. All those supposedly shovel ready jobs. I believe the tax cuts and the cutting of government regulations has spurred the economy and we are seeing the results. We are taking in record revenue because of the economy but still going further in debt showing we do have a spending problem.

I blame both parties, (primarily the democrats) but the republicans have always talked a good game about reducing spending when they are out of power and then seem to forget about it when they are in power. Paul Ryan for instance was supposed to be a budget hawk but look at those monstrous record breaking spending bills he presided over. 

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I blame both parties, (primarily the democrats) but the republicans have always talked a good game about reducing spending when they are out of power and then seem to forget about it when they are in power. Paul Ryan for instance was supposed to be a budget hawk but look at those monstrous record breaking spending bills he presided over. 

This is one place (besides 2nd amendment) where we are in complete agreement. I don't know why both parties can't find a way together to balance a damn budget. I listened to all that BS and then what happens, a worse deficit than was inherited. Unreal!

It's super hard to hire people right now. About 50% of people show up for interviews. Top, skilled guys are already working. I can't fill any of my openings.

On the flip side people are hiring for salaried positions (especially engineering) like crazy. A lot of leverage right now. 

Just now, MLD Woody said:

It's super hard to hire people right now. About 50% of people show up for interviews. Top, skilled guys are already working. I can't fill any of my openings.

On the flip side people are hiring for salaried positions (especially engineering) like crazy. A lot of leverage right now. 

This is a great job market for those seeking work. It is a luxury that was absent during the Obama years where many college grads could not find work. It also has been great for increased wages for workers as employers are more willing to pay more to get workers and to retain them. This is so much better letting the free market get increased wages and benefits for workers over the government getting involved and trying to fix it. When the government gets involved it is almost always counter productive such as increasing the minimum wage to levels where jobs are lost and employers go to automation or just cut back on the work force.

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

This is one place (besides 2nd amendment) where we are in complete agreement. I don't know why both parties can't find a way together to balance a damn budget. I listened to all that BS and then what happens, a worse deficit than was inherited. Unreal!

Don't forget about the Browns. ☺️

Spending money on credit is the easy part. Cutting back and making sacrifices is harder and politicians almost always kick the can down the road on the hard issues and now the can has been kicked down the road to over 21 trillion dollars. I think it is going to eventually cause us some huge problems.

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Don't forget about the Browns. ☺️

Spending money on credit is the easy part. Cutting back and making sacrifices is harder and politicians almost always kick the can down the road on the hard issues and now the can has been kicked down the road to over 21 trillion dollars. I think it is going to eventually cause us some huge problems.

Hyper-inflation here we come. Get your Wei🤑mar wheelbarrows ready.

Archived