THE BROWNS BOARD

targeting the secondary in the draft....

Tacosman

On 11/23/2018 at 6:44 AM, Flugel said:

Michigan State? 

All this about Peppers has been covered in the flow of conversation Taco. We're watching Peppers' play his 2nd position in 2 years here which equated to learning curve #2.  It's not uncommon for an inexperienced player at 1 position to share reps with a more experienced player at the same position.  What you look for in that situation is - is he getting better?   The REASON I bust your balls is because you get so into your predictions that you corner yourself into rooting for them for the almighty "told you so."   Those can be fun but you also have to look at the situation so you can give it an honest evaluation.  There's a reason they say it takes 3 years to evaluate a draft/draftee.

As for the corners, there was ZERO problem with Ward and Mitchell as our tandem.   Their excellence at the back end caused QBs like Brees and Ben to be hit, pressured and turn the ball over.   Our front 7 was getting to the QB better than ever.  When we lost Mitchell, we lost the frequency of QB harassment from our defenders up front.  Gaines got injured twice and Carrie has had to be the #2 corner. He'll be fine as a #3.

it's also not uncommon for marginal players to be part time players as well......

I'm not anti-peppers.  Im not a fan of any bigten teams.  Im indifferent as to who wins michigan-tosu today.  I'm dissapointed we spent a first round pick in 2017(when nobody else was going to) on a player with his positional limitations.

He's not the reason we only have 3 wins.  Honestly he's not a real big part of the team going forward period.  

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/19/2018 at 10:37 AM, The Gipper said:

Aggie fag.

Just to follow-up on the punter, Braden Mann was named SEC ST player of the week against LSU for averaging 53.3 yds per punt for 5 punts. His 51.1 yds per punt broke the all time regular season NCAA record of 50.28 formerly held by LSU punter Chad Kessler in 1997. That also broke All-Pro and likely future HOFer Shane Leckler's A&M school season record of 47.0 yds per punt.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived