THE BROWNS BOARD

Self Proclaimed DA Day?

Gips

Source

Derek Anderson Declares "Derek Anderson Day" at Memphis Kiddie Park

Posted by Vince Grzegorek on Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 12:39 PM

ride.jpg

Brookpark, OHIO — Just a few days after Cedar Point, the world famous amusement park in Sandusky, held "Brady Quinn Day," Derek Anderson, the Browns' other quarterback, showed up unannounced at Memphis Kiddie Park in Brookpark, Ohio, in full gear proclaiming it "Derek Anderson Day." The park's operators were unaware of any such event.

"We were just having a normal weekend," said manger Steven Wright. "There were about two dozen families here playing on the mini-slides and mini-roller coasters, then suddenly this really tall guy shows up in full football uniform. We were on the verge of calling the cops until we realized it was really Derek Anderson. None of us even knew what he looked like until today."

While thousands showed up at Cedar Point for a chance to grab an autograph from Quinn or a picture with the former Notre Dame stud, Anderson walked aimlessly around Memphis Kiddie Park offering to make balloon animals for the handful of locals in attendance. After noticing the quarterback hunched over quietly behind a bush, gently weeping, park managers finally offered to let Anderson work the ticket window. "We just felt a little bad for the guy," said Wright. "No one wanted to talk to him."

While Quinn road the Millenium Force and other world-renowned coasters, Anderson struggled to fit his 6'7" frame into an airplane ride meant for 3-year-olds, nevertheless calling it "the best ride ever." While Quinn partied at an amusement park consistently ranked among the very best in the world, Anderson spent most of his time making change for parents who ran out of quarters.

Still, Anderson deemed "Derek Anderson Day" a success.

"Sure, I would have liked the turnout to be higher. Sure, I would have liked for a single person to have asked for my autograph. Sure, I would have liked if only one or two people asked me if Brady was on his way instead of everyone I met. But everything can't be perfect," said Anderson by phone while en route to "Derek Anderson Day" at Pet Smart.

When reached for comment, the manager of Pet Smart said, "No, we are not hosting a 'Derek Anderson Day.'"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! ;)

Source

Derek Anderson Declares "Derek Anderson Day" at Memphis Kiddie Park

Posted by Vince Grzegorek on Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 12:39 PM

ride.jpg

Brookpark, OHIO — Just a few days after Cedar Point, the world famous amusement park in Sandusky, held "Brady Quinn Day," Derek Anderson, the Browns' other quarterback, showed up unannounced at Memphis Kiddie Park in Brookpark, Ohio, in full gear proclaiming it "Derek Anderson Day." The park's operators were unaware of any such event.

"We were just having a normal weekend," said manger Steven Wright. "There were about two dozen families here playing on the mini-slides and mini-roller coasters, then suddenly this really tall guy shows up in full football uniform. We were on the verge of calling the cops until we realized it was really Derek Anderson. None of us even knew what he looked like until today."

While thousands showed up at Cedar Point for a chance to grab an autograph from Quinn or a picture with the former Notre Dame stud, Anderson walked aimlessly around Memphis Kiddie Park offering to make balloon animals for the handful of locals in attendance. After noticing the quarterback hunched over quietly behind a bush, gently weeping, park managers finally offered to let Anderson work the ticket window. "We just felt a little bad for the guy," said Wright. "No one wanted to talk to him."

While Quinn road the Millenium Force and other world-renowned coasters, Anderson struggled to fit his 6'7" frame into an airplane ride meant for 3-year-olds, nevertheless calling it "the best ride ever." While Quinn partied at an amusement park consistently ranked among the very best in the world, Anderson spent most of his time making change for parents who ran out of quarters.

Still, Anderson deemed "Derek Anderson Day" a success.

"Sure, I would have liked the turnout to be higher. Sure, I would have liked for a single person to have asked for my autograph. Sure, I would have liked if only one or two people asked me if Brady was on his way instead of everyone I met. But everything can't be perfect," said Anderson by phone while en route to "Derek Anderson Day" at Pet Smart.

When reached for comment, the manager of Pet Smart said, "No, we are not hosting a 'Derek Anderson Day.'"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! ;)

Hilarious! Everyone in my office is now staring at me while I laugh my ass off! Thanks Gips! I needed that!

this is like thread # 1 million now about Quinn and Anderson. Im just wondering if Quinn gets the start and dosent do well who you will blame the losses on next? Imo niether qb showed us anything yet. Now Anderson got me the most pissed but I still havent seen alot out of Quinn. I JUST WANT TO WIN and I dont give a rats ass who the qb is. and with that said DA might do really well under a new head coach

I've been a Browns fan my entire life, saw my 1st game at the stadium in 1953...

I lived the glory years (it was much better and longer than the Steelers reign of the 70's) and can tell you 1st hand that celebrating an NFL championship in Cleveland (64) was one of the better moments in all of my sports history.... It didn't hurt that I was just out of college and could party with the enthusiasm that often accompanies youth....

I sincerely hope that Quinn answers the bell and lives up to the hype that most of you on this board all but guarantee......

Keep in mind, however, that last year in excess of 60 quarterbacks started a game during the season... Both Quinn and Anderson ended up on the disabled list so you might want to temper your disgust of DA....He might be needed to get us to where we want to go....

If this new coaching regime is expected to "coach up" Quinn wouldn't it be equally expected that they could do the same with Anderson???? Since last years 2 quarter back coaches have been dismissed (Shearer & Dorsey) - deservingly so I might add, maybe the quarterback play will be greatly enhanced....

The answer my friends is blowing in the wind and the starting position will be won this summer during training camp....

peace

T.Dawg

Archived