THE BROWNS BOARD

so how would u guys have reacted if obama did this?

Clevfan4life

53 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

https://start.att.net/news/read/article/fox_news-trump_pence_miss_veterans_day_observance_at_arling-rfoxnews/category/news

both him and pence skipping arlington? isnt this the day the potus is supposed to lay the wreathe at the tomb of the unknown?

Memorial day.

Stuart

Another empty Cleve gotcha.

Most would criticize Obama because we all know what that azzhole was all about.

Trump has demonstrated over and over both by his words and actions that he is pro Armed Forces, pro troops, pro America...so if he wasn't there I'm not going to question it.

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

It would have been a tempest in a teapot among a very small group on the right. It would not, however, have captured the imagination of the mainstream media. You know this.

WSS

ofc but FOX would have talked about it for months, just like "the bow" but only worse. And obama absolutely would have caught criticism from some folksbbn on the left.

46239234_2751761971578155_35975936494220

Failing to go to that other American Cemetery in France when 100 years ago most of them died in mud and rain was bad enough on it's own. But not to go to Arlington on Veteran's Day to me is unforgivable for the 5 times deferred bone spur cowboy. I'm glad none of my WW I and WW II family veterans were alive to see the Coward of NY pull these stunts. Sickening.

I don't know why Trump or Pence didn't go on the 12th but the official observance at Arlington took place the day before on the 11th as it always does. 

Since Trump was in Europe and Pence was making his way to Asia for whatever summit it is he's attending, the Secretary of Veterans Affairs represented the Administration at the ceremony.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Failing to go to that other American Cemetery in France when 100 years ago most of them died in mud and rain was bad enough on it's own. But not to go to Arlington on Veteran's Day to me is unforgivable for the 5 times deferred bone spur cowboy. I'm glad none of my WW I and WW II family veterans were alive to see the Coward of NY pull these stunts. Sickening.

You must be in a very small minority of vets who are 'offended' by this.  I and everyone I talk to doesn't think this means anything.  He is doing right by veterans and active duty.

15 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You must be in a very small minority of vets who are 'offended' by this.  I and everyone I talk to doesn't think this means anything.  He is doing right by veterans and active duty.

in the grand scheme of things i would generally agree with u, but i cant get over the hypocrisy that this isnt a big deal but the colored boy didnt put his hand over his chest for the anthem or whatever......

if u were offended by michelle obama eating lobster (steven im looking at u)  than i really dont undetstand why people, including veterans, arent at least a bit miffed that the guy evidently said "nahh im too tired, its drizzling out and im so emo bear today" 

23 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

https://start.att.net/news/read/article/fox_news-trump_pence_miss_veterans_day_observance_at_arling-rfoxnews/category/news

both him and pence skipping arlington? isnt this the day the potus is supposed to lay the wreathe at the tomb of the unknown?

Your idol Barry, skipped laying the wreath at Arlington to go play golf on Memorial Day.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-not-the-1st-president-to-miss-memorial-day-at-arlington/

31 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Your idol Barry, skipped laying the wreath at Arlington to go play golf on Memorial Day.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-not-the-1st-president-to-miss-memorial-day-at-arlington/

so that article says obama on memorial day was at another cemetary honoring veterans. I still think its bad show to skip the tomb of the unknown. But at least he was sonewhere else honoring veterans ob that day. Trump was at home watching CNN. 

On 11/13/2018 at 7:23 PM, Clevfan4life said:

As a former serviceman I always found it a self serving photo op for the president to pretend like he gave a $hit about veterans. There's been exactly two presidents in my life who legit cared about the troops and both were named Bush. 

5 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

All combat veterans that I know were offended. Paris was at least a little better because of the speech he gave at a closer location, but to not go to Arlington. Nope. No excuses.

EDIT: There is one more I have to ask, so not all.

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

All combat veterans that I know were offended. Paris was at least a little better because of the speech he gave at a closer location, but to not go to Arlington. Nope. No excuses.

EDIT: There is one more I have to ask, so not all.

I go to the local VFW.  No one was offended there, we all thought it was a big fake news story.  

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I go to the local VFW.  No one was offended there, we all thought it was a big fake news story.  

Obviously all Trump voters I bet.

PS-and how can it be fake news when he obviously did not go? Fake news implies that the reports of his MIA were inaccurate, which they were not. At least Trumpettes need to get that there IS a difference.

36 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Obviously all Trump voters I bet.

PS-and how can it be fake news when he obviously did not go? Fake news implies that the reports of his MIA were inaccurate, which they were not. At least Trumpettes need to get that there IS a difference.

As with most fake stories about rage including endless charges of racism, demands to remove team mascots Etc it's usually just the haters that get offended, or more likely pretend to be. Like I said in the case of Veterans Day being changed to Heroes Day by a local school my friend who served at gitmo wasn't outraged but his feelings were hurt. Most people are normal and don't pitch a bitch about minutiae.

WSS

Archived