THE BROWNS BOARD

Educated voters breaking hard against GOP

cccjwh

Whether it's about the teachers or not they get another day off today. Or to sit there in relative comfort and grade papers but I work in enough schools to tell you that on days kids aren't there the teachers don't have their noses to the grindstone. If they're even there they're usually socializing. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

CCC, Also as to teachers leaving for better paying jobs and your number was what, 28% said that they would? I would imagine anybody with any job would seriously consider jumping ship for more money. I don't know what any of you guys do for a living but I'm in the minority. For instance I wouldn't take a job working at a music store for twice the money that I make playing. But if I worked a crap job at the music store and the music store across the street wanted to double my salary... Does that sink in?

WSS

Thanks to W and a bunch of tax payers dollars, I work where/when I want. My personal experience has nothing to do with a teachers. You think anyone can teach, so you don't think they deserve a decent paycheck. Good teachers have a collections of job skills, those job skills can bring in more money in a different field. So you have to ask yourself do you want babysitters or teachers. You are OK with babysitter, I am not. 

I don't want either one. I want EDUCATORS. those who are able to communicate and educate, not just dish out nonsense homework assignments, and get off track on their own political agendas, their supreme sick egos....etc etc etc etc.

My Wife taught special ed in hs many years. She helped run the computer lab. Initially, some said spec ed students wouldn't be able to effectively interact with a computer.

Well, my Wife mentioned that she taught some of them chess. She said the next time you get a chance, ask them to play a game of chess with you...

she did. and the student beat her in chess three times. another student beat her once.

I learned early on, that my Wife was an educator - from her friends at work. The teachers...just had a hell of a tough time getting through any particular day. The students hated them.

22 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Thanks to W and a bunch of tax payers dollars, I work where/when I want. My personal experience has nothing to do with a teachers. You think anyone can teach, so you don't think they deserve a decent paycheck. Good teachers have a collections of job skills, those job skills can bring in more money in a different field. So you have to ask yourself do you want babysitters or teachers. You are OK with babysitter, I am not. 

Speaking of that reading comprehension I never said teachers didn't deserve a decent paycheck. Nearly twice the average individual income in Ohio is more than enough in my opinion. Good teachers certainly have a collection of job skills but in my opinion those job skills are not enhanced by Advanced degree.  Nor are they enhanced by high pay.

Teachers and the better school districts and the School District's and the worst I've taken the same training and probably acquired the same degree. Why are the students in one District failing and the other succeeding? Don't pretend it's the skill of the teachers. As a matter of fact you may be surprised to know that I think the teachers in the shit school district have a harder job because the kids come there with terrible educational backgrounds.

WSS

6 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Speaking of that reading comprehension I never said teachers didn't deserve a decent paycheck. Nearly twice the average individual income in Ohio is more than enough in my opinion. Good teachers certainly have a collection of job skills but in my opinion those job skills are not enhanced by Advanced degree.  Nor are they enhanced by high pay.

Teachers and the better school districts and the School District's and the worst I've taken the same training and probably acquired the same degree. Why are the students in one District failing and the other succeeding? Don't pretend it's the skill of the teachers. As a matter of fact you may be surprised to know that I think the teachers in the shit school district have a harder job because the kids come there with terrible educational backgrounds.

WSS

How about you find some evidence to back up your assertions instead of telling me about your opinions. Ohio may pay their teachers, but red states in general don't. 

5 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

How about you find some evidence to back up your assertions instead of telling me about your opinions. Ohio may pay their teachers, but red state in general don't. 

The average individual salary in those States is also lower. $28,389.00 is the average individual salary in Summit County.

WSS

7 hours ago, cccjwh said:

How about you find some evidence to back up your assertions instead of telling me about your opinions. Ohio may pay their teachers, but red states in general don't. 

It had been a lot if opinions with no hard evidence or sources to back it up. 

If Steve just doesn't like teachers I don't think he's changing his mind, unfortunately. Heisnt going to realize how critical they can be.

11 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I'm tired of hearing about how hard teachers jobs are. Today was the second day this week my kids school was delayed and now it was actually cancelled. 

If you're in Northeast Ohio look out your damn window right now and tell me why school had to be cancelled.

Two unrelated issues. Teachers doing hard work have zero input into weather days. Totally an administrative decision. No one ever asked my wife her opinion nor my son now whether school should be in or not. Two weeks ago Killeen shut down for ice, but where he works north of there did not. So he drove by on his way to work.

Archived