THE BROWNS BOARD

Steelers cack up a furball

The Gipper

7 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Anyone stupid enough to listen to me...

It's not as if you given many a choice...

... and yes, you are off the Ignore list... for now.

In response to Gipper regarding starting QBs in the first round, ignoring the five taken this year, 12\32 of the starting QBs were taken in the first round. Add in the five from the 2018 draft class, it bumps up to 17\32, over half the starters. Shows how unlucky- or bad the Browns have been drafting quarterbacks in the first round.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

In response to Gipper regarding starting QBs in the first round, ignoring the five taken this year, 12\32 of the starting QBs were taken in the first round. Add in the five from the 2018 draft class, it bumps up to 17\32, over half the starters. Shows how unlucky- or bad the Browns have been drafting quarterbacks in the first round.

See my list above......of the 37 QBs drafted in round one on that list.....17 can be declared to be busts or near busts..  And that is not including any of the ones picked in the last 3 years, for which it is, I believe, too early to give them that designation.  But some will get it.

Though, I will say that it seems that the odds of getting a good QB have improved over the last 3-4 years compared to earlier years depicted there.  Only really JMZ and Lynch can be said to be absolute true busts there.  Some others are still finding there way to that perhaps...but not as bad as the earlier years there.

On 12/9/2018 at 8:40 PM, Kvoethe said:

I just had a great time reading the steelers fans forum...

Hahahahahha...boswell should go into witness protection

But it also brings into question why in this day n age are we still playing on real grass that buy the end of the year is shit and causes injuries 

5 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

But it also brings into question why in this day n age are we still playing on real grass that buy the end of the year is shit and causes injuries 

Real grass caused the Steelers to lose a game- it's not all bad.  :D Don't know how old you are, but there have been orders of magnitude in improvement from the original Astroturf to the stuff they use today.  There were plenty of injuries when artificial turf was first introduced.  

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Do the Browns play on grass.....or prescription turf?

Unclear Gip. Might be a hybrid. As I'm sure you know, they installed dozens of miles of heating pipes under the field to keep it from freezing, and extend the growing season. Here in Dayton my lawn goes dormant by the end of November at the latest....  

https://www.purdue.edu/uns/html3month/1990-95/9111.Tally.AthleticTurf.html

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

It's not as if you given many a choice...

... and yes, you are off the Ignore list... for now.

Dude, NOBODY has quoted me more than you. NOBODY HERE believes you had me on ignore. Give it a rest already, and just go with the flow.

32 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Dude, NOBODY has quoted me more than you. NOBODY HERE believes you had me on ignore. Give it a rest already, and just go with the flow.

Tom he's not kidding. Tour really did have you on ignore, and even PMed me he was getting tired of seeing your stuff quoted- which he couldn't ignore.  

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Real grass caused the Steelers to lose a game- it's not all bad.  :D Don't know how old you are, but there have been orders of magnitude in improvement from the original Astroturf to the stuff they use today.  There were plenty of injuries when artificial turf was first introduced.  

Oh yeah I remember the old stuff like running on a rubber pad and man was it hot in the summer 

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Tom he's not kidding. Tour really did have you on ignore, and even PMed me he was getting tired of seeing your stuff quoted- which he couldn't ignore.  

But now that Ghoolie knows the real hammer can be dropped on him for good, we all get to enjoy the new and improved neutered Ghoolie. 😝

On 12/11/2018 at 3:36 PM, hoorta said:

Perhaps you should change his name to "Tourflake"? One of the things Stan found most fun to converse with me about were all the grown men who would e-mail him and PM him with their complaints. It is actually one of the main reasons he abandoned the board. He told me once that he didn't know what was more problematic, my horseshit, or the people who just couldn't skim over it, like you would expect a man to do. I convinced him NOT to do away with the ignore button because some guys would have a nervous breakdown. LOL. The cuss filter, whether you knew it or not, was his final insult to this place. That grown men who use every manner of cussing in their own lives, would pile on him about words on the screen, he thought was bizarre. so, the censorship.

Larry, for years I ran an accordion message board on Yahoo. I had a "Ghoolie" of my own, he would come in and call accordion playes everything under the sun and post insulting shit all the time, a lot of it made me piss my pants. He got so many of my subscribers pissed, they did the same kind of complaining. Finally, I posted on the home page that unless a person was threatening a crime or doing anything unlawful, I would not censor anything. The members learned to toughen up and that was it.

For some reason, a percentage of guys here really think this shit is important in life. I am not slamming them, I mean, life is short so enjoy it however you want to. But, honestly, if my wife eer learned that I was angry over a message board, she would truly call me a homosexual, a weak man, and most likely kick me in the nuts. Now, Ghoolie from the darkside is gone, so it doesn't matter.

However, in all honesty? Football is something you watch, enjoy, talk about over a beer, and then go masturbate to pictures of Paris Hilton or whatever else is fun. I love the Browns, and i enjoy the fellowship here, but dude, this shit is soooooo far down on my list of what is important, I really couldn't care less about what guys post.

I think Tour is a smart guy and he is probably a nice guy. Tell him to have a drink and chill. I don't want to lose him to a stroke over this goofy shit,

10 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Perhaps you should change his name to "Tourflake"? One of the things Stan found most fun to converse with me about were all the grown men who would e-mail him and PM him with their complaints. It is actually one of the main reasons he abandoned the board. He told me once that he didn't know what was more problematic, my horseshit, or the people who just couldn't skim over it, like you would expect a man to do. I convinced him NOT to do away with the ignore button because some guys would have a nervous breakdown. LOL. The cuss filter, whether you knew it or not, was his final insult to this place. That grown men who use every manner of cussing in their own lives, would pile on him about words on the screen, he thought was bizarre. so, the censorship.

Larry, for years I ran an accordion message board on Yahoo. I had a "Ghoolie" of my own, he would come in and call accordion playes everything under the sun and post insulting shit all the time, a lot of it made me piss my pants. He got so many of my subscribers pissed, they did the same kind of complaining. Finally, I posted on the home page that unless a person was threatening a crime or doing anything unlawful, I would not censor anything. The members learned to toughen up and that was it.

For some reason, a percentage of guys here really think this shit is important in life. I am not slamming them, I mean, life is short so enjoy it however you want to. But, honestly, if my wife eer learned that I was angry over a message board, she would truly call me a homosexual, a weak man, and most likely kick me in the nuts. Now, Ghoolie from the darkside is gone, so it doesn't matter.

However, in all honesty? Football is something you watch, enjoy, talk about over a beer, and then go masturbate to pictures of Paris Hilton or whatever else is fun. I love the Browns, and i enjoy the fellowship here, but dude, this shit is soooooo far down on my list of what is important, I really couldn't care less about what guys post.

I think Tour is a smart guy and he is probably a nice guy. Tell him to have a drink and chill. I don't want to lose him to a stroke over this goofy shit,

I have never put anyone on ignore.  I have never emailed the admins....Stan or anyone else, about anyone else.  I have never called for anyone to be banned (not even you Ghools).  And I agree with you....I think that anyone that has done any of those things is operating on estrogen.  I have said to people who threaten to leave to go ahead and piss off and do it. 

Now....where can I find those photos of Paris Hilton?

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I have never put anyone on ignore.  I have never emailed the admins....Stan or anyone else, about anyone else.  I have never called for anyone to be banned (not even you Ghools).  And I agree with you....I think that anyone that has done any of those things is operating on estrogen.  I have said to people who threaten to leave to go ahead and piss off and do it. 

Now....where can I find those photos of Paris Hilton?

LOL re Pear ass Hilton. I would have bet $1,000 against a penny that you never did any of that childish crap. I consider you to be an intellectually enlightened man, and have always enjoyed our banter. With Stan's passing came the passing of the Ghoolie that has fired so many up. Notwithstanding, I openly acknowledge how contrary and acerbic a lot of my stuff was. However, that grown men could let that infiltrate their daily lives, in my opinion, is far more childish than any of my former antics.

It isn't just football that people have allowed to get ballistic, political parties, immigration, gender, climate, and on and on it goes. People have assembled their own personal menus of things to get pissed off about. I really don't get it Gip. Who was it that said about free speech, and I paraphrase that "believing in free speech means you can sit down next to a person who speaks against everything you believe in, and you have no objection to him. You and I grew up tough like this, but this complaining/reporting individual in question, and again, he is probably a nice guy, he is a smart guy, but my God, how does a man become so intellectually fragile?

Nothing is more humorous than a guy who begged to be let back on this board after he was kicked off trying to act like it doesn't matter to him. 

Well, with the exception of the neutered version of himself that we see now. 

On 12/13/2018 at 4:58 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Nothing is more humorous than a guy who begged to be let back on this board after he was kicked off trying to act like it doesn't matter to him. 

Well, with the exception of the neutered version of himself that we see now. 

Dickhead, find a new Mantra. Stan was my friend, long before you ever great pubic hair on your vagina. The ONLY thing I ever asked for was for Stan to yank me off the board so that nobody would use my moniker. he ONLY reason I stayed here was that Stan asked me to stay. The only reason I came out of my hiatus was that Zombo reached out to me on FB to come back and post, to liven it up. Now, Zombo wanted me at one point to stay in my own thread, which I was having none of. I did what I wanted, and nobody could do shit about it.

Now, perhaps you are some kind of supernatural fucking genius who actually knows more than the guy who owned the board. Perhaps YOU know better than he did? funny, in all the time I spent with him, and believe me, I wish it was a lot more than it was, playing music with Steve, enjoying the 1999 return to the NFL, drinks in Vegas.....never once did any of this bullshit you are imagining, fantasizing about and pouring out of your pus hole come up in conversation.

FWIW, long ago Stan shared the log in info for this site with me. At any time during suspensions and all the other BS I wanted to log in as the administrator and do whatever I wanted to, I could have. Frankly, he was tired of people complaining to him and not helping him grow this place. In all my suspensions, never once did I pull rank and let myself back in. Meehan and Hoorta, much to your clitoral explosion, are guys I consider my friends, and I have always abided by their decisions. Always.

Also FWIW...it was Zombo who reached out to me on FB to tell me to come back and that he lifted my suspension. Never once did I ask anyone to "let me" back on the board.

You need to find something esle to rattle on about. Your nosebleed is so bad now, you may need a transfusion.

Archived