THE BROWNS BOARD

HEY Jimmy put a lid on it

Babernakle

This really is a silly debate, if we are being honest.

Fiscal conversations from we fans are hilarrious. As if we understand commercial real estate on this scale? As if domed stadiums in other cities are being packed with 70,000 fans at  SRO events all off season long. As if any city can pull off enough yearly events to not only cover the costs associated with opening the stadium, but generatng enough interest to turn a meqningful profit. 

I have news for you, 7 out of 10 concerts loseoney for the house. The idea that a domed stadium is an off season profit maker is just not realirt based.

Also, the debate over tough guy versus comfort is also silly. Most of the games played i. Cleveland are played in mostly pleasant or at least tolerable weather. Home field advantage would add at most 3 cold weather risks.

As others pointed out, winning breeds rabid support. History shows fans pack cold weather stadiums for winnong teams.

There is no wrong or right choice here. It just comes down to what the owner wants. 

Sadly, I have lived to see the day when the once undying game day support for the Browns now fluctuates greatly. 

Finally we must remember that the majority of game day revenue doesn't come from the stadium. Attendance is icing on the cake, but the primary purpose of a stadium is to allow the game to be played and the TV cameras be placed.

Dome or not? Really, it is a silly discussion.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/16/2018 at 10:42 PM, Orion said:

...and we threw snowballs at Pat/Super Patriot.   Which, back then, was more exciting than the game(s)

But now we're civilized.

Heck- I remember when they threw snowballs at Santa Claus right before Christmas, and IIRC at an opposing player that got KOed within range of the Dawg Pound.  

13 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

That was before the metal detectors and strip searches to get in

And for the young 'uns we should tell them the true story of the Dawg House parked in front of the Dawg Pound at the old stadium. It was a very nice looking Dawg House BTW, but I couldn't find a picture of it. Was there for years at every game, until one of the stadium cops noticed it took four guys to bring it in, but only two guys to carry it out. Seems the house had a keg of beer inside.  :D 

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

And for the young 'uns we should tell them the true story of the Dawg House parked in front of the Dawg Pound at the old stadium. It was a very nice looking Dawg House BTW, but I couldn't find a picture of it. Was there for years at every game, until one of the stadium cops noticed it took four guys to bring it in, but only two guys to carry it out. Seems the house had a keg of beer inside.  :D 

It’s kinda shameful that the younger fans have never had a team they can have some fun following.  

The twitter account of Lt Baker Mayfield is fun. I mean Carolina Cat Fanciers?? That’s some funny stuff. And this weekend it’s Huey Lewis and the mews.  There’s more to football life than bitching about things. I’m having fun with a fun team. Or as Gen Dorsey says, it’s time to waken this sleeping giant fan base

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

I bet BK was leading the team the last time you ate a milkbone. I know I haven’t tasted one since then myself.  And you younger fans.....you could not watch a Browns game without a box of Dawg treats around. Milkbone seemed to be most popular. Kinda bland but go well with beer and Browns wins.  Oh ya, when it comes to the 80s, we did win more  reg season games than anyone. 

And remember pups, a milkbone a day keeps the dentist away🐕

Archived