THE BROWNS BOARD

Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2019

21 minutes ago, nickers said:

Yeah.. I only meant from the standpoint.. He pushed them over the top..AC/DC's success started in the mid-late 70's.. I was in My early teens then.... Everything Mutt touches turns to gold pretty much.. Very few producers have that kind of versatility.. It's a great indicator he's listening to more than one genre of music..,, Which for me.. I was pretty lucky as a kid to be exposed to so many forms of music.. Both my Mom and Dad had/has pretty eclectic tastes.. I cite them .. My parents as big an influence as any I had as a musician.. It all started with them... And since I understood what tones were at a very young age.. I really paid attention to the way records are made... I really paid attention to format and arrangements.. Dynamics... Today.. It's so hard to be original.. Just about everything has been written in every way conceivable.. Having a great sense of melody and understanding harmonic voicings loom large in ones development.. Those basic fundamental keys will take you a long way...

well then you may want to include Nick Launey he has produced Public Image, Nick Cave,Black  Rebel Motorcycle Club. Arcade Fire Kate Bush,Talking Heads,INXS,Supergrass,Lou Reed,The Slits ,silverchair and Midnight oil among others he is all about capturing the mood in the studio and raw sound which i enjoy more than the polished sound of mutt

1 hour ago, ATOM said:

well then you may want to include Nick Launey he has produced Public Image, Nick Cave,Black  Rebel Motorcycle Club. Arcade Fire Kate Bush,Talking Heads,INXS,Supergrass,Lou Reed,The Slits ,silverchair and Midnight oil among others he is all about capturing the mood in the studio and raw sound which i enjoy more than the polished sound of mutt

Theres no real right or wrong way to Mecca these days...

Archived