THE BROWNS BOARD

U.S. Cash Repatriation Plunges 50%, Defying Trump's Tax Forecast

jbluhm86

I won't lie, im a little surprised by that. I expected more given that they were bending over backwards for these companies that took shit overseas. I think this points to something I pointed out before Trump was president, these companies..no matter how much you sweeten the deal...just aren't bringing their money back. They're not "American"...they're globalist trash that want to keep their money in multiple "baskets" all over the globe..ready to move it on a dime to the first country that's so desperate for foreign investment they bend over show these companies a nice lubed up hole. Like Ireland did and got little return. I honestly don't know if any of our current parties, and Trump included, have the balls to start treating these companies like the foreign entities they are.

It's disappointing frankly. A lot of these companies were fine doing shit decades ago in the U.S until too many people became "middle class". An economist friend of mine told me in 05 "wait till 800 million Chinese peasants have the temerity to try to better their lives and become middle class or higher".....these companies will just go "who's next?". This is why there's essentially an economic cold war going on in Africa with the Chinese, Russians and U.S. They all see the next great source of dirt cheap labor. 

8 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

I won't lie, im a little surprised by that. I expected more given that they were bending over backwards for these companies that took shit overseas. I think this points to something I pointed out before Trump was president, these companies..no matter how much you sweeten the deal...just aren't bringing their money back. They're not "American"...they're globalist trash that want to keep their money in multiple "baskets" all over the globe..ready to move it on a dime to the first country that's so desperate for foreign investment they bend over show these companies a nice lubed up hole. Like Ireland did and got little return. I honestly don't know if any of our current parties, and Trump included, have the balls to start treating these companies like the foreign entities they are.

It's disappointing frankly. A lot of these companies were fine doing shit decades ago in the U.S until too many people became "middle class". An economist friend of mine told me in 05 "wait till 800 million Chinese peasants have the temerity to try to better their lives and become middle class or higher".....these companies will just go "who's next?". This is why there's essentially an economic cold war going on in Africa with the Chinese, Russians and U.S. They all see the next great source of dirt cheap labor. 

Already seeing this. China is getting a middle class so garment production is filtering towards places like Cambodia and Bangladesh.

23 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Already seeing this. China is getting a middle class so garment production is filtering towards places like Cambodia and Bangladesh.

Is anybody surprised? Early nineteen hundreds saw thousands come to the United States to work in the factories when the United States was the Industrial Powerhouse of the world. Growing middle class and labor unions prices those jobs out of the market. It happens to everybody that's a manufacturing Giant. But now the world infrastructure makes it easier to build modern factories in other places. Of course keep your eyes open kids automation will start eliminating the need for cambodians just like everybody else.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Is anybody surprised? Early nineteen hundreds saw thousands come to the United States to work in the factories when the United States was the Industrial Powerhouse of the world. Growing middle class and labor unions prices those jobs out of the market. It happens to everybody that's a manufacturing Giant. But now the world infrastructure makes it easier to build modern factories in other places. Of course keep your eyes open kids automation will start eliminating the need for cambodians just like everybody else.

WSS

For sure. That will be the next big crisis. Figuring out what the hell to do with everyone when machines can do 90% of all jobs with more efficiency and precision than humans.

Is the Federal Reserve raising interest rates too quickly:

In 3 Months Fed Chair Jerome Powell Just Destroyed Trump Economy – Dow Lost Over $4 Trillion in Value – FIRE HIM ALREADY!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/12/in-3-months-fed-chair-jerome-powell-just-destroyed-trump-economy-dow-lost-over-4-trillion-in-value-fire-him-already/

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

Yeah it isnt spending money we're not taking in anymore, its the Feds fault....🙄

We are taking in record tax revenue...we have a spending problem...the Feds aren't helping with raising interest rates

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/trump-tax-cuts-federal-revenues-deficits/

55 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

We are taking in record tax revenue...we have a spending problem...the Feds aren't helping with raising interest rates

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/trump-tax-cuts-federal-revenues-deficits/

"We are taking in record tax revenue" And we could have said the same thing the last 4 years. Because we took in "recorded revenue" the last four years. Basically if there isn't a recession you can say this almost EVERY YEAR. This talking point is almost as great as the "slowest recovery in history". 😀

14 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

"We are taking in record tax revenue" And we could have said the same thing the last 4 years. Because we took in "recorded revenue" the last four years. Basically if there isn't a recession you can say this almost EVERY YEAR. This talking point is almost as great as the "slowest recovery in history". 😀

We are taking in record revenue after the tax cuts..you left that part out. And for 8 years we had a sluggish economy under Obama, never once having that recovery summer they predicted  and he was always blaming Bush for his bad economy  and comically he is now trying to take credit for the economy under Trump. 

33 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

We are taking in record revenue after the tax cuts..you left that part out. And for 8 years we had a sluggish economy under Obama, never once having that recovery summer they predicted  and he was always blaming Bush for his bad economy  and comically he is now trying to take credit for the economy under Trump. 

Sorry just repeating your fox news talking points doesn't actual prove anything. Corp tax revenue dropped 31%, but don't worry the regular people picked up the slack. Nothing like redistribution of wealth from middle class to super rich. - GOP favorite thing to do.

The U.S. Treasury Department reported that the budget deficit for the 2018 fiscal year rose to a six-year high of $779 billion. That was equivalent to 3.9 percent of GDP in Trump’s first full fiscal year as president. 

7 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Sorry just repeating your fox news talking pints doesn't actual prove anything. Corp tax revenue dropped 31%, but don't worry the regular people picked up the slack. Nothing like redistribution of wealth from middle class to super rich. - GOP favorite thing to do.

Wages are up again 

"Wages and salaries were up 3.1 percent in the third quarter, the Labor Department reported this week. That’s the biggest increase since before Barack Obama was elected president. Companies are having a hard time finding and keeping workers, and so they’re being forced to offer higher pay in order to attract them. This is how the free market sometimes works in workers’ favor.

Employment is up by more than 4 million jobs since President Trump’s election. Unemployment is plumbing new depths at 3.7 percent, despite a growing labor force. Consumer confidence is at an 18-year high, and the number of available jobs exceeds the number of estimated job seekers.`

.....But they should be careful. Democrats ferociously resisted Trump’s deregulation, which played a very large role in making the current shared prosperity possible.

And the same Democratic Party that lied to them last winter, claiming that the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act was a “tax scam” that would actually raise their taxes, is very eager to take power and raise their taxes for real."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/wages-are-up-again-do-workers-really-want-to-elect-democratic-tax-hikers

1 minute ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Wages are up again 

"Wages and salaries were up 3.1 percent in the third quarter, the Labor Department reported this week. That’s the biggest increase since before Barack Obama was elected president. Companies are having a hard time finding and keeping workers, and so they’re being forced to offer higher pay in order to attract them. This is how the free market sometimes works in workers’ favor.

Employment is up by more than 4 million jobs since President Trump’s election. Unemployment is plumbing new depths at 3.7 percent, despite a growing labor force. Consumer confidence is at an 18-year high, and the number of available jobs exceeds the number of estimated job seekers.`

.....But they should be careful. Democrats ferociously resisted Trump’s deregulation, which played a very large role in making the current shared prosperity possible.

And the same Democratic Party that lied to them last winter, claiming that the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act was a “tax scam” that would actually raise their taxes, is very eager to take power and raise their taxes for real."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/wages-are-up-again-do-workers-really-want-to-elect-democratic-tax-hikers

"Wages and salaries were up 3.1 percent in the third quarter, the Labor Department reported this week."

By this week you mean November 2nd.  Dow is down another 400 today.. 

19 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

naturally, you don't expound on WHY.

it isn't Pres Trump's fault. The Fed emotionally and politically knee jerked and raised rates and are CAUSING a problem now.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/francescoppola/2018/09/27/the-feds-interest-rate-rise-was-a-mistake/#6b7c27da2dc8

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

"Wages and salaries were up 3.1 percent in the third quarter, the Labor Department reported this week."

By this week you mean November 2nd.  Dow is down another 400 today.. 

Yeah Nov 2 is like ancient history and the reporting wasn't for the week but for the third quarter. And why is the DOW falling? Primarily because of the Fed's interest rate hikes..

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Yeah Nov 2 is like ancient history and the reporting wasn't for the week but for the third quarter. And why is the DOW falling? Primarily because of the Fed's interest rate hikes..

He/she is too dumb to figure that out.

4 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Yeah, the Dow was a good what? 2000 points higher. 

26k was an inflated bubble that was being forecast to burst for a long time now. There wasn't an increase in actual goods/services being created within our economy commensurate with the rise in stocks. It was all "speculative". Something I would be surprised actually if Trump wasn't aware of. My family got their shit safe a while ago. 

i believe cccjwh mz the pussy is japanese and doesn't read English well, since he/she doesn't understand issues at all, and can't even figure out the gender of ...itself?

9 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

26k was an inflated bubble that was being forecast to burst for a long time now. There wasn't an increase in actual goods/services being created within our economy commensurate with the rise in stocks. It was all "speculative". Something I would be surprised actually if Trump wasn't aware of. My family got their shit safe a while ago. 

I don't claim to be a stock market expert and I hate to see what the Fed has done to the stock market with their rate hikes but I heard the same thing that the market was over inflated and in need of a correction and it appears the Fed are making the correction for them? Although that may not be a pleasant thing to swallow with those in the market and 401k's.

9 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

I did the same, but it isn't going to help my 401k. 

4 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I don't claim to be a stock market expert and I hate to see what the Fed has done to the stock market with their rate hikes but I heard the same thing that the market was over inflated and in need of a correction and it appears the Fed are making the correction for them? Although that may not be a pleasant thing to swallow with those in the market and 401k's.

Wow Old parroting his war hero's statements. Didn't see that coming. ( <- this is sarcasm. for cal ) 

21 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Wow Old parroting his war hero's statements. Didn't see that coming. ( <- this is sarcasm. for cal ) 

You are clueless. I wasn't parroting anyone. If you read what is going on Trump is very irate with the Fed raising interest rates and what it is doing to the market...I"m just throwing out that maybe the market did need a correction and the  Fed by raising rates is doing it..

The fed does what the ultra rich elite tell them to.do bevause thats who really runs the country, not the potus. And the rate hike is good for them apparently. This us about the point where this shit goes over my head and i get aggravated at how we allowed this insane complexity to lord over our lives to the point that some rich folk can potentially shit on us so hard we could struggle to buy basics 

I don't know enough about it. They said they kept the interest rates down under Obama because of the sluggish economy and now  that the tax cuts and de-regulation under Trump have worked and the economy is doing well the Feds decide to raise rates for concerns they say about inflation. I am old enough to remember the huge problem with inflation we had in the 70's ...maybe they are right?

Archived