THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade Value

darren15

Would you say most of our players draft value has gone up/down or stayed the same from players drafted in the past 2 or 3 drafts ..... not saying we should trade them just wondering what the value is 

For instance would we still get a first rounder for Garrett and would we still get a 2nd rounder for Larry Ogunjobi 

What players do you think have held their value or even added to it ....say Baker would we now get a 1st rounder and say a 3rd or 4th for him, we would get a first round pick for Chubb and who would be the biggest loss ...... Njoku now worth only a 3rd or 4th rounder ? Rashard Higgins was taken in the 5th round ...what's his value now and what about Callaway ?

Thoughts

A 1st rounder for garrett is putting it mildly. Arizona would jump all over a trade with clev for that 1st pick if we gave em myles. A proven #1 pick for a college DL in bosa or oliver, who havent played a diwn of nfl football...myles is 6th in the league in sacks. And the guys above him, play on "stacked" d lines.

23 hours ago, D Bone said:

I've always liked the Twilight Zone marathon on Christmas Day, and this thread just officially kicked it off........ 

Yeah- Baker's current value is probably around three first round picks. It's an exercise in futility, because the value of certain players is so high, they wouldn't get traded for any price.   

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yeah- Baker's current value is probably around three first round picks. It's an exercise in futility, because the value of certain players is so high, they wouldn't get traded for any price.   

And if we can keep Ward healthy, he is every bit as good a value, especially when added to the pressure of the Garrett Gang of Four.

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

I think this would only work for bottom of the roster guys.

Boddy calhoun was a undrafted player.  We could probably trade him for a 6th rounder.

On 12/27/2018 at 5:27 AM, ballpeen said:

I think this would only work for bottom of the roster guys.

Boddy calhoun was a undrafted player.  We could probably trade him for a 6th rounder.

BBC is a FA and I think we need to bring him back. He covers the slot well, plays the run well, blitzes well, plays special teams, and offers depth at safety. I dont know why he doesn't get more snaps, but he is deserves an extension.

7 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

BBC is a FA and I think we need to bring him back. He covers the slot well, plays the run well, blitzes well, plays special teams, and offers depth at safety. I dont know why he doesn't get more snaps, but he is deserves an extension.

He's a major asset and a bargain for nothing. Keep him.

One off season possible WR FA target just re-signed back with the Jets today.WR Quincy Enunna, 4 year deal 36M/20M guaranteed..WR Hollywood Higgins is also a RFA at season end. Baker has been on fire with Higgy since Camp..Your move Mr.Dorsey.. 👀'ing deals..Coley(ERFA),Higgins(RFA),BBC(RFA),EJ Gaines(UFA),G.Robinson(UFA),O.Charlse(UFA),B.Perriman(UFA).  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/cleveland-browns/      

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

One off season possible WR FA target just re-signed back with the Jets today.WR Quincy Enunna, 4 year deal 36M/20M guaranteed..WR Hollywood Higgins is also a FA at season end. Baker has been on fire with Higgy since Camp..Your move Mr.Dorsey.. 👀'ing deals..Coley,Higgins,BBC,EJ Gaines,G.Robinson,O.Charlse,B.Perriman. Could we get a 4/5th for Tyrod Taylor with a weak QB draft class?   

Taylor only signed a 1 year deal did he not so no trade value ?

5 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Taylor only signed a 1 year deal did he not so no trade value ?

yep correct, sorry it was Drew Stanton that got the 2 year deal.. 

Why now when we get good players.. Why is ther always some numb nut who wants to trade everybody?.. Get out of here with that stupid shit man..

1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I don’t care for gambling. I just have a hunch that JD is gonna pull something off involving Peppers. It fits his MO

Not if Williams is HC. He likes him some Peppers and if he wants him I think JD leaves him alone.

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:20 PM, Clevfan4life said:

He's part of the secondary core we're building.....i.hope we dont send him anywhere

I don't want to send him anywhere either.  I was simply saying it is easier to get better than draft value out of lower round guys then it is to get a higher pick out of a high round draft pick if you were to trade either type player.

Archived