THE BROWNS BOARD

2018 NFL TV Distribution Maps - Week 17

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns fans!   Six-time NFL Player Of The Week Baker Mayfield, Nick Chubb and our 2018 Cleveland Browns conclude the 2018 NFL regular season at Baltimore, and the Browns @ Ravens game is the primary late doubleheader and marquee game on the NFL On CBS, with Jim Nantz, Tony Romo, and Tracy Wolfson announcing.

Both CBS and FOX Sports networks traditionally televise both double header games on the Week 17 regular season finale, with 7 early games, and 8 late games this Sunday afternoon,  except the Sunday Nights Colts @ Titans Game.

https://506sports.com/

https://www.506sports.com/

Well how bout that TV respect jumping on the Browns Bandwagon. The Tony Romo, Baker Mania Madness should be a good listen.. After further review.. Qh4l.gif        The Referee Randy grand finale at M&T Stadium 🤞                                                            Lets call it Luck, the Walt Anderson crew goes to Colts vs Titans this week..The Browns at Ravens have drawn the Shawn Smith crew this weekend. Shawn Smith worked as a Umpire on the retired Ed Hochuli crew last season and in his 1st season as a Referee. The Smith crew called the tie against Pitt. in the week 1 opener for Shawn as a Referee also. Shawn never called a Ravens game as a Referee this season till now.As a Umpire in 4 prior seasons, Shawn Smith has a Ravens record of 0-4. Calling Ravens losses at M&T Stadium of Bears,KC & the OT loss to Browns.L at Medlife NYG too. Shawn calling previous Browns games is 1-3-1. OT win at Balt,loss 37-3 home blowout to Bengals,Loss at Fed X to Skins 30-20, Loss at Colts last season. Than the Pitt.tie at the land this season. One little side note teaser* Average NFL Ref experience crew..2,4,4,5,13,14 than 22 years of DJ (down judge,head linesman) Mark Hittner..he's a grad from Pittsburgh State..Art's Ratbirds... here we come!! Go Browns!                       

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

Yay! Browns on TV in Florida. Finally.

Z

Expect that to grow more in 2019 including primetime!

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Expect that to grow more in 2019 including primetime!

I was just thinking about that. 

I'd be shocked if the Browns aren't on Sunday and Monday nights multiple times next season. This is an intriguing story. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I was just thinking about that. 

I'd be shocked if the Browns aren't on Sunday and Monday nights multiple times next season. This is an intriguing story. 

Agreed. As much as I like the attention, night games are going to screw me up big time. 

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Do you have a DVR? (Or some way to record the game and watch it later?)

I don't like watching any sports event which is not live, and I watch streams, so I will have to figure it out... Or keep having little sleeping hours ;)

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Do you have a DVR? (Or some way to record the game and watch it later?)

The old now basically extinct VHS tapes and machines were great for that, you could easily record, store on a shelf or lend to anyone......and record over countless times. We still have one but with our cable On Demand now rarely ever used. 

3 hours ago, Nero said:

I don't like watching any sports event which is not live, and I watch streams, so I will have to figure it out... Or keep having little sleeping hours ;)

Almost no sleeping hours, if you have a day job. Looked it up, 8PM Eastern is 2 in the morning in Spain. :(

When I'm not watching the game live with the guys, I actually prefer using DVR. Saves time ignoring the endless Bud Lite and Geico commercials. 

Speaking of Geico with their endless commercials- I finally got around to doing the math. Their 15 million policy holders are paying $80 per in their premiums to foot Geico's $1.2 billion dollar advertising budget. So my advice is to find an insurance company who doesn't feel the need to remind you every 5 minutes how much money you can save by switching.  :)   

15 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Almost no sleeping hours, if you have a day job. Looked it up, 8PM Eastern is 2 in the morning in Spain. :(

When I'm not watching the game live with the guys, I actually prefer using DVR. Saves time ignoring the endless Bud Lite and Geico commercials. 

Speaking of Geico with their endless commercials- I finally got around to doing the math. Their 15 million policy holders are paying $80 per in their premiums to foot Geico's $1.2 billion dollar advertising budget. So my advice is to find an insurance company who doesn't feel the need to remind you every 5 minutes how much money you can save by switching.  :)   

Well, their biggest national competitor  (at least with TV ads), Progressive, is based here in the Cleveland area (in  Mayfield...no less!.....maybe that alone is a reason to switch)

You would think maybe that they could do some kind of ad campaign tie in with Baker.  (though I have never seen Progressive use celebrity endorsers)

15 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well, their biggest national competitor  (at least with TV ads), Progressive, is based here in the Cleveland area (in  Mayfield...no less!.....maybe that alone is a reason to switch)

You would think maybe that they could do some kind of ad campaign tie in with Baker.  (though I have never seen Progressive use celebrity endorsers)

https://www.insurancebusinessmag.com/us/news/breaking-news/auto-insurers-blasted-for-inflating-rates-with-astronomic-advertising-budgets-22961.aspx

My data was a little out of date, but it's still crazy- by all the major insurers. Progressive isn't far behind, and they're paying millions for the naming rights on the Tribe's ballpark on top of that.  PS- Flo is not that hideously looking without her garish makeup. Google it if you're interested.  

1. Berkshire Hathaway: (Geico): $935.1 million
2. Allstate Corp.: $654.8 million
3. State Farm Mutual: $608.1 million
4. Progressive Corp.: $604.2 million
5. Nationwide Mutual: $296.7 million
6. Liberty Mutual: $197.0 million
7. UnitedHealth Group: $193.3 million
8. Farmers Insurance Group: $165.8 million
9. American Family Mutual: $148.7 million
10. United Services Auto Assoc.: $133.0 million

27 minutes ago, hoorta said:

https://www.insurancebusinessmag.com/us/news/breaking-news/auto-insurers-blasted-for-inflating-rates-with-astronomic-advertising-budgets-22961.aspx

My data was a little out of date, but it's still crazy- by all the major insurers. Progressive isn't far behind, and they're paying millions for the naming rights on the Tribe's ballpark on top of that.  PS- Flo is not that hideously looking without her garish makeup. Google it if you're interested.  

1. Berkshire Hathaway: (Geico): $935.1 million
2. Allstate Corp.: $654.8 million
3. State Farm Mutual: $608.1 million
4. Progressive Corp.: $604.2 million
5. Nationwide Mutual: $296.7 million
6. Liberty Mutual: $197.0 million
7. UnitedHealth Group: $193.3 million
8. Farmers Insurance Group: $165.8 million
9. American Family Mutual: $148.7 million
10. United Services Auto Assoc.: $133.0 million

State Farm is now my Auto/home insurance carrier....though for years I was with Nationwide.

My Medicare advantage plan is with UnitedHealth.

Insurance companies despite all of the recent expensive storms have cash to sponsor what they want.

Anybody tired of Aaron Rodgers on TV?

OH and this is who geico hires, now available in their greatest hits.....and YOU can be on a geico commercial:

Screenshot_2018-12-27-14-42-25.png

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

The old now basically extinct VHS tapes and machines were great for that, you could easily record, store on a shelf or lend to anyone......and record over countless times. We still have one but with our cable On Demand now rarely ever used. 

years ago i used to have to work sunday's but my local sports bar here in portland would record the game on vhs for me I would jump off the bus grab the tape and scurry home to watch The Browns

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

State Farm is now my Auto/home insurance carrier....though for years I was with Nationwide.

My Medicare advantage plan is with UnitedHealth.

LOL, hoorta = Motorists. Nice relatively small company based in Columbus. Probably don't pay Archie Griffin much to say "You know us" during Ohio State radio. Medigap = Medical Mutual.  Keep those 'po folk in Cleveland with jobs.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_Mutual_of_Ohio

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

I have a day job. Even at highschool, I would watch Superbowl till 5am and then have a nice long Monday.

Sometimes I try to get a long nap in the afternoon or at night before the game, but it's demanding for sure. 

Anyway, this year against Jets and Broncos I loved going to bed with such wins. It makes the sacrifice worth it!

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:33 AM, Nero said:

Agreed. As much as I like the attention, night games are going to screw me up big time. 

Ha yeah same for me, I love my 6pm Sunday Browns ritual of beer, food and gamepass.

9 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Ha yeah same for me, I love my 6pm Sunday Browns ritual of beer, food and gamepass.

6pm sounds even better than 7pm! ;)

Archived