THE BROWNS BOARD

Antonio Brown Asks For Trade

darren15

32 minutes ago, crstphr2 said:

If they trade him before Jun 21, they eat the money.

So basically they can't trade him for a draft pick for this year.  It would have to be 2020.

There will be no trade.  He didn't "demand" a trade he "requested" a trade.  Everyone will go away for a while and it will be business as usual next year.  

He could sit out...like Bell.  Difference is that Bell sat out thinking that it would help him financially down the road.  I cannot see where Brown could be under the delusion that he can do better financially elsewhere.

27 minutes ago, crstphr2 said:

If they trade him before Jun 21, they eat the money.

So basically they can't trade him for a draft pick for this year.  It would have to be 2020.

There will be no trade.  He didn't "demand" a trade he "requested" a trade.  Everyone will go away for a while and it will be business as usual next year.  

not exactly true....

if traded before june, $21m million accelerates to the cap this year.  post june 7th, $7m this year and $14m next.  considering they're getting back Bell's $14m, they can do some creative accounting (which is actually why Browns cap hit is so high) and mitigate the money issue.  question is, will any team be desperate enough to throw high picks at a 31 yo dvia...

7 minutes ago, choco said:

not exactly true....

if traded before june, $21m million accelerates to the cap this year.  post june 7th, $7m this year and $14m next.  considering they're getting back Bell's $14m, they can do some creative accounting (which is actually why Browns cap hit is so high) and mitigate the money issue.  question is, will any team be desperate enough to throw high picks at a 31 yo dvia...

A.  I think that the Steelers would be smoking something if they think any team would give a #1 pick for this guy.

B. I think Brown would be smoking something if he thought that any team would give up something that high (but then I guess that would not be his problem)

C. What would happen with their cap space issue if they just cut him? Would it make any difference on your scenario?

47 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

He could sit out...like Bell.  Difference is that Bell sat out thinking that it would help him financially down the road.  I cannot see where Brown could be under the delusion that he can do better financially elsewhere.

The difference is Bell's contract was up, and the Steelers tagged him as a franchise player. Brown is effectively under contract for 2019 & 2020. He could sit out and not get paid, but Antonio is all about the money, apparently.

There's damn few teams with the need and cap room that would want him and his contract.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

The difference is Bell's contract was up, and the Steelers tagged him as a franchise player. Brown is effectively under contract for 2019 & 2020. He could sit out and not get paid, but Antonio is all about the money, apparently.

There's damn few teams with the need and cap room that would want him and his contract.

OK....are you saying few teams have the need for him?  I suspect all teams would like to have his production (past)......

But in reality, you are saying that it is really 3 things that a team needs to take him off the Steeler's hands:

A. The need  (fairly universal likely)

B. The cap space  (limited)

C. The willingness to put up his selfishness in return for his potential production.  (God knows what teams that may be)

12 minutes ago, choco said:

and D) sufficient draft picks as compensation

You have to wonder after what Dallas did getting Amari Cooper,  if a team that thinks they can make the playoffs with Brown would take the plunge. But I haven't heard that Amari is a Head Case. 

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

According to Mike Tomlin today Brown did NOT request a trade.   That does not mean they should not do so anyway.

And I did hear the sound byte Tomlin isn't very happy with Antonio either. Sounds like some disciplinary action down the road. According to Cow-pie, it all started with Brown throwing a football at Ben- hitting him with it, and not in a very nice way.

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

You have to wonder after what Dallas did getting Amari Cooper,  if a team that thinks they can make the playoffs with Brown would take the plunge. But I haven't heard that Amari is a Head Case. 

There was talk that Amari doesn't really love football... ?

Yeah, sounds like that was the straw. There has been many things over the years that have led to this, but word around town is juju got the nod from teammates to help him overcome the heartbreak of the fumble vs. nawlins. He's a definite headcase...has been talked to by coaches and teammates several times this year, doesn't matter.  AB is in his own mind, infallible. He was mocking Tomlin with James Harrison on IG real time with Tomlin end of year press conference.  

He hasn't just burned the bridge...he rounded town with a school bus, picked up a full load of children, parked that bus on the bridge and dropped a neutron bomb on them. I've not talked to a single person that wants him here.

6 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

He trolled james Harrison? ur kidding right? lmfao

He trolled WITH James Harrison. Man, Class A headcase. Minus the money they won't have to pay Bell, That's still seven million to kick his ego inflated ass out the door...  

Great talent...

He'll make a great Patriot.

On another note... interesting how simply missing the playoffs is tearing at Steel fabric.

Contrast that with a team that basically stayed together thru 1-31

48 minutes ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

If I were the Steelers I would grant his request. Teams don't need these diva WRs anymore. Most of the teams with these diva WRs don't make the playoffs or if they do they don't last long. Look at the teams that made it this year. 

Baltimore- no divas

Chargers- no divas

Chiefs- Maybe Sammy Watkins but that would be a stretch. 

New England- none

Houston- none

Indianapolis- none

New Orleans- none

Rams- Maybe Cooks but that's really a stretch

Chicago- none

Dallas- none

Philadelphia- Jeffrey and Tate perhaps but again a big stretch.

Seattle- none

Meanwhile players like Robbi Anderson, Odell, Brown etc. find themselves out of the playoff picture. 

You’ll have to change your screen name for me to agree with anything you say. Even if it makes sense. 

25 minutes ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

I plan to have it changed if Baker stops baking up turnovers next season. But we're getting off topic. 

27 TD to 14 INT 93+ rating. Next closest isn’t in the same ballpark with 17 TD to 15 INT 77 rating. You’re argument is insane unless you will only be happy with a 4 to 1 ratio. You won’t hear this again from me, cause if you don’t get it now, you won’t. 

On 1/2/2019 at 1:18 AM, hoorta said:

Top 5 WR, and top 5 jackass. Former teammate pegged it. As soon as he got paid, attitude turned to shit. Who shows up for training camp in a helicopter?  

& yup- the way the Steelers structured his contract- there's a $21 million (and any team that might trade for him) cap hit they have to deal with in 2019. Sorry he's not worth it- regardless of how good you think he is... 

Who shows up for training camp in a helicopter?   Someone who will be broke a few years after he leaves the NFL.

4 hours ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

If I were the Steelers I would grant his request. Teams don't need these diva WRs anymore. Most of the teams with these diva WRs don't make the playoffs or if they do they don't last long. Look at the teams that made it this year.

Meanwhile players like Robbi Anderson, Odell, Brown etc. find themselves out of the playoff picture. 

What's your definition of "diva"?

I wasn't aware that Anderson was one... big jump for a UDFA.

And while not in the Brown-OBJ class, there's a couple I'd add to your "stretches" that have diva-ish tendencies on-field, e.g, TY and Hopkins.

He’s great no doubt. But.... he’s great in Pittsburgh’s system which is fat ass stumbles around behind a all pro bowl line for ten seconds and ab gets open.  So would he work with the browns nope.  One of two things happen he either doesn’t get enough touches and bitches and and Baker then forces it and ints happen or he brings down landrys touches and kills the teams attitude.  So no thanks.  He belongs in greenbay.  Let’s get one of those young big wrs from Texas or Iowa st.  

15 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

What's your definition of "diva"?

I wasn't aware that Anderson was one... big jump for a UDFA.

And while not in the Brown-OBJ class, there's a couple I'd add to your "stretches" that have diva-ish tendencies on-field, e.g, TY and Hopkins.

Crabtree is playing for the Ravens, right? 

We haven't heard of him only because he has been absent and Snead has become the top WR in their team... And because he's not facing Aqib Talib or another mean CB twice a year.

Archived