THE BROWNS BOARD

Mitt Romney Op Ed

TexasAg1969

4 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

What Trump's boot lickers are upset that someone called out Trump lake of morals. Wow didn't see that coming.  <--- This is sarcasm baby cow.

LOL...you eat up with a spoon anything that feeds your TDS

LINDSEY GRAHAM, OTHER REPUBLICANS ATTACK MITT ROMNEY FOR ANTI-TRUMP OP-ED

South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham had harsh words for his fellow Michigan Republican Sen.-elect Mitt Romney on Wednesday after the newly elected senator wrote an op-ed in the Washington Post attacking President Donald Trump’s character.

Graham joined Brian Kilmeade on Fox News radio to discuss the incoming senator’s op-ed and Graham did not hold back. When asked about the wisdom of Romney publishing such a piece so early into his time in Washington, Graham said bluntly, “Well, how does it work to the advantage of the people of Utah?”

Graham concluded by issuing a dire warning to Romney about the fleeting praise of the media and urged him to learn from what happened to Brett Kavanaugh.

“The people who are applauding Romney today for standing up to Trump and going after Trump will turn on Romney the moment he votes for something that they don’t like,” Graham said.

Graham continued:

He’s got to learn from Kavanaugh. It’s really not about Trump, it’s about us. It’s about conservatism. They want to destroy the conservative movement, not just Trump. Kavanaugh was the Bush guy, Brian, he wasn’t the Trump guy. Trump picked somebody from the Bush world who was highly qualified, that brought the party together. Instead of smooth sailing, rewarding the president to pick somebody highly qualified, the Democrats chose to try to destroy Kavanaugh.

“What I want Sen. Romney to know, it’s not just about Trump — it’s about us,” Graham warned, “And remember what they tried to do to you, Mitt, when they got through with you? You were a bad guy. The truth is, you’re a good guy, but in their world you will always be a bad guy if you try to cross them on policy.”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/02/graham-attacks-mitt-romney-anti-trump/

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Evangelicals Stick With the Defender of Religious Liberty

The Left is losing its collective mind these days. And why not? Just when they think President Donald Trump is cornered and his presidency ready to implode, his poll numbers inch upward. When the mainstream media sends its reporters into the “foreign” territory of the American heartland to see whether Trump’s support has waned, they’re chagrined to discover just the opposite: His base is hardening. But there’s one group among the president’s base that really irks the Left: evangelical Christians. With the tapes recording a discussion about an alleged Trump payoff off a Playboy model in the headlines these days, could evangelicals be ready to jump ship?

Nope. Trump continues to enjoy high poll numbers among those who identify as evangelicals. Why?

John Fea, chairman of the Department of History at Messiah College in Pennsylvania, seems to have it all figured out. In a recent (wrong) opinion penned for USA Today, Fea asked, “Why do so many evangelicals believe in Donald Trump? Because they privilege fear over hope, power over humility, and nostalgia over history.”

Fea characterizes evangelicals as “intellectually lazy” in waging a “failing war against thickening walls of separation between church and state, the removal of Christianity from public schools, the growing ethnic and religious diversity of the country, the intrusion of the federal government into their everyday lives (especially as it pertains to desegregation and civil rights), and legalized abortion.”

In truth, Fea wants (racist) evangelicals to succumb to the secular agenda instead of seeking to repel its corrosive effects on our culture. Instead of seeking new leadership to protect the sanctity of the unborn, promote the primacy of marriage between a man and a woman, and reject the Rainbow Mafia’s thought policing, evangelicals should celebrate the new world in which they find themselves.

That world, by the way, has left Christians vulnerable to crippling lawsuits and wrecked livelihoods for refusing to bake a same-sex wedding cake, for erecting a cross in the public square, and for reciting a prayer before a football game. Their First Amendment guarantee of religious liberty has, for years now, been under withering assault by intolerant leftist secularists.

For decades, Republicans at all levels of government gave campaign lip service to the hopes of Christians around the country only to turn their backs on those same voters once in office. Why, then, continue to elect these well-meaning but mild-mannered choirboys? Instead, why not throw in behind a serial philanderer who’s delivering the strongest pro-life message in our history and seating a conservative Supreme Court that will defend religious liberty for the next generation?

And just how has Trump backed up his rhetoric? Ralph Reed, head of the Faith and Freedom Coalition, recently stated that Trump, in contrast to Hillary Clinton, “was strongly pro-life and released a list of conservative judges from whom he promised to select Antonin Scalia’s replacement.” Moreover, Reed continued, “He pledged to defund Planned Parenthood, move the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem, end the harassment of churches by the IRS, withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal and defend religious freedom. He has kept every one of those promises.”

Evangelical Christians now sense a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to advance the principles and values of Christianity that are today being attacked from multiple angles. As a result, they’re willing to overlook the moral failings in their president’s personal life.

But it’s not only the leftist push against Christian traditions, mores, and values here at home that’s driving support for the president. It’s the broader objective of saving all people of faith from oppression in other parts of the world.

The Washington Free Beacon’s Susan Crabtree writes, “[Former U.S. Senator and Kansas Governor] Sam Brownback, who serves as the ambassador at large for religious freedom at the State Department, pledged a new U.S. government commitment to halting the persecution of religious minorities around the world and called on other countries to join the campaign.”

Some 80 countries sent representatives to the summit where Brownback spoke this week about worldwide religious persecution, particularly against Christians, and the need to spread the ideals of religious liberty beyond American borders. At the summit, Brownback asserted, “Religious freedom really, truly is for everyone. It’s a right given by God, and your presence is an encouragement to people of faith around the world that someone cares about their plight.” He added, “Unfortunately, a large majority of the world live in countries where the freedom to practice their own faith is extremely limited … and in some cases deadly.”

Moreover, Vice President Mike Pence spoke Thursday about religious liberty, which he called the “first freedom of everyone in the world.” He rousingly addressed threats to religious liberty in China, North Korea, Iran, Turkey, Europe, Nicaragua, and even here at home. And Secretary of State Mike Pompeo issued a declaration calling on governments around the world to defend that liberty. The document states, “Religious freedom is a far-reaching, universal, and profound human right that all peoples and nations of good will must defend around the globe.”

It should be no surprise that evangelicals continue to support a president who has delivered more than they ever could have imagined. Her childhood Methodist background notwithstanding, a President Hillary Clinton would have dealt a crushing blow to any hope of restoring (or even limiting the damage to) Judeo-Christian values in our country.

In the end, evangelicals are not the narrow-minded Bible-thumpers the media wants us to believe. They’re actually politically astute, and they know a winner when they see one. And in the minds of Christians across the country, President Trump has been a champion for the values and principles they believe in.

https://christiandailyjournal.com/2018/08/02/evangelicals-stick-with-the-defender-of-religious-liberty/

LOL, the man can't recite the Apostles' Creed even with the cheat sheet in his hand. Religious right has bought the Rainmaker.

1 minute ago, OldBrownsFan said:

LOL...you eat up with a spoon anything that feeds your TDS

LINDSEY GRAHAM, OTHER REPUBLICANS ATTACK MITT ROMNEY FOR ANTI-TRUMP OP-ED

South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham had harsh words for his fellow Michigan Republican Sen.-elect Mitt Romney on Wednesday after the newly elected senator wrote an op-ed in the Washington Post attacking President Donald Trump’s character.

Graham joined Brian Kilmeade on Fox News radio to discuss the incoming senator’s op-ed and Graham did not hold back. When asked about the wisdom of Romney publishing such a piece so early into his time in Washington, Graham said bluntly, “Well, how does it work to the advantage of the people of Utah?”

Graham concluded by issuing a dire warning to Romney about the fleeting praise of the media and urged him to learn from what happened to Brett Kavanaugh.

“The people who are applauding Romney today for standing up to Trump and going after Trump will turn on Romney the moment he votes for something that they don’t like,” Graham said.

Graham continued:

He’s got to learn from Kavanaugh. It’s really not about Trump, it’s about us. It’s about conservatism. They want to destroy the conservative movement, not just Trump. Kavanaugh was the Bush guy, Brian, he wasn’t the Trump guy. Trump picked somebody from the Bush world who was highly qualified, that brought the party together. Instead of smooth sailing, rewarding the president to pick somebody highly qualified, the Democrats chose to try to destroy Kavanaugh.

“What I want Sen. Romney to know, it’s not just about Trump — it’s about us,” Graham warned, “And remember what they tried to do to you, Mitt, when they got through with you? You were a bad guy. The truth is, you’re a good guy, but in their world you will always be a bad guy if you try to cross them on policy.”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/02/graham-attacks-mitt-romney-anti-trump/

Sooner or later trump will discard his latest defender like yesterday's garbage just like he has done to every decent moral human being who tried their best to work with, support and guide him. You guys just don't understand that this is the way of the Narcissist. It's Trump.

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL, the man can't recite the Apostles' Creed even with the cheat sheet in his hand. Religious right has bought the Rainmaker.

What is worse than someone ignorant of bible teachings? The person who claims to be a Christian and knows what the bible teaches and then takes sides against what the bible teaches. The person who is ignorant of the bible can be taught but the one who knows what the bible teaches and then takes an exact opposite position of what the bible teaches is in real danger of having a reprobate mind.

Hillary Clinton for example I have no doubt knows the bible much better than Trump but that only makes her worse:

In Titus, Paul also refers to those whose works are reprobate: “They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate” (Titus 1:16)

4 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

What is worse than someone ignorant of bible teachings? The person who claims to be a Christian and knows what the bible teaches and then takes sides against what the bible teaches. The person who is ignorant of the bible can be taught but the one who knows what the bible teaches and then takes an exact opposite position of what the bible teaches is in real danger of having a reprobate mind.

Hillary Clinton for example I have no doubt knows the bible much better than Trump but that only makes her worse:

In Titus, Paul also refers to those whose works are reprobate: “They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate” (Titus 1:16)

You literally just described Trump and how he acts. And you still voted for him regardless.

I believe the term "own goal" fits here.

1 minute ago, Canton Dawg said:

So does “the lesser of 2 evils”.

Anyone who was eligible to vote in the 2016 election were not automatically resigned to having to vote between Clinton and Trump. They could've voted 3rd party, as I and many others did. They could've written in a candidate or just voted on down ballot issues, such as several prominent conservative pundits did.  That whole "lesser of two evils" argument is bullsh.it. 

4 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Anyone who was eligible to vote in the 2016 election were not automatically resigned to having to vote between Clinton and Trump. They could've voted 3rd party, as I and many others did. They could've written in a candidate or just voted on down ballot issues, such as several prominent conservative pundits did.  That whole "lesser of two evils" argument is bullsh.it. 

I voted for Ross Perot, because I felt he was a better candidate than either Clinton or Bush.

Since that day, I’ve felt that I threw my vote away...it was meaningless.

We both know that either a Rep or a Dem will take the Presidential nomination.

If you vote for anything else, you just cast a meaningless vote...that’s not bullshit.

20 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

You literally just described Trump and how he acts. And you still voted for him regardless.

I believe the term "own goal" fits here.

Hillary Clinton is the professing Christian who does know the bible and yet is so pro abortion she supports abortion right up until birth. (I believe Clinton does know what the bible teaches because I have listened to her and she is well versed on bible teachings).

Trump on the other hand said only a few years ago he was a Christian and then said he didn't need forgiveness of sins showing a complete lack  of knowledge and ignorance of what the bible teaches. 

To Trump's credit Christians who have spoken with him say he is open to their teaching him so I have more hope for someone who is ignorant of the bible but open to being taught over someone well  versed in the bible yet doesn't follow the teachings they know about.

Who’s Who of Trump’s ‘Tremendous’ Faith Advisers

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2016/june-web-only/whos-who-of-trumps-tremendous-faith-advisors.html

4 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Hillary Clinton is the professing Christian who does know the bible and yet is so pro abortion she supports abortion right up until birth. (I believe Clinton does know what the bible teaches because I have listened to her and she is well versed on bible teachings).

Trump on the other hand said only a few years ago he was a Christian and then said he didn't need forgiveness of sins showing a complete lack  of knowledge and ignorance of what the bible teaches. 

To Trump's credit Christians who have spoken with him say he is open to their teaching him so I have more hope for someone who is ignorant of the bible but open to being taught over someone well  versed in the bible yet doesn't follow the teachings they know about...

Trump was pro choice for decades and supported pro choice Democrat candidates for years as well. Only when courting voters in the heartland during his presidential campaign did he suddenly have a change of heart on the issue.

I know it takes a certain willingness to suspend disbelief in order to profess religious beliefs, but how many more bridges does Trump have to sell you for you to finally understand he's playing you and other Christian voters in order to secure a voting base?

4 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I voted for Ross Perot, because I felt he was a better candidate than either Clinton or Bush.

Since that day, I’ve felt that I threw my vote away...it was meaningless.

We both know that either a Rep or a Dem will take the Presidential nomination.

If you vote for anything else, you just cast a meaningless vote...that’s not bullshit.

Spot on. There is more than one way of thinking about something. There might be truth to voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil but it is also true that having less evil is better than more evil. I have been glad from Trump's first day in office that he is president and not Hillary Clinton.

3 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Trump was pro choice for decades and supported pro choice Democrat candidates for years as well. Only when courting voters in the heartland during his presidential campaign did he suddenly have a change of heart on the issue.

I know it takes a certain willingness to suspend disbelief in order to profess religious beliefs, but how many more bridges does Trump have to sell you for you to finally understand he's playing you and other Christian voters in order to secure a voting base?

George Bush Sr. also flipped from pro choice to pro life to be the vice president of Reagan. I am always glad to see anyone change from pro choice to pro life regardless.

Actions speak louder than words though. For decades after Reagan, Bush Sr. remained pro life and Trump thus far has gotten the reputation as being the most pro life president ever (that coming from his critics at Planned Parenthood).

3 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

George Bush Sr. also flipped from pro choice to pro life to be the vice president of Reagan. I am always glad to see anyone change from pro choice to pro life regardless.

But you can't actually believe that Trump is sincere?  Which means he is lying.

Just now, DieHardBrownsFan said:

But you can't actually believe that Trump is sincere?  Which means he is lying.

Trump's actions speak for themselves. He has been the most pro life president ever. Who has not been sincere have been many other professing pro life republicans.

Trump is proving to be the most fearlessly pro-life president in history

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-is-proving-to-be-the-most-fearlessly-pro-life-president-in-history/2018/05/23/c72f2886-5e8a-11e8-a4a4-c070ef53f315_story.html?utm_term=.ca5cfc5cbbe4

1 minute ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Trump's actions speak for themselves. He has been the most pro life president ever. Who has not been sincere have been many other professing pro life republicans.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-is-proving-to-be-the-most-fearlessly-pro-life-president-in-history/2018/05/23/c72f2886-5e8a-11e8-a4a4-c070ef53f315_story.html?utm_term=.ca5cfc5cbbe4

Hillary and Trump are the same. Their values only pertain to how they benefit them in the moment. They both lick their fingers and stick them in the air to gauge where the political wind is blowing and then construct their public persona accordingly. 

You'll be amazed at Trump's fall from belief if he can't fight against the Democrats and decides to work with them instead.

well, hardy har har:

"The Truth Shall Set You Free, but Liberals demand to be Victimized Slaves to the Welfare Cult Demoquacks"

Romney family feud: RNC chairwoman picks Trump over Mitt - The ...

8 hours ago - Mitt Romney's anti-Trump op-ed earns an RNC rebuke — from ... It faced a harsher response from Romney's own niece, who happens to be ...

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

well, hardy har har:

"The Truth Shall Set You Free, but Liberals demand to be Victimized Slaves to the Welfare Cult Demoquacks"

Romney family feud: RNC chairwoman picks Trump over Mitt - The ...

8 hours ago - Mitt Romney's anti-Trump op-ed earns an RNC rebuke — from ... It faced a harsher response from Romney's own niece, who happens to be ...

Sometimes I get the distinct impression that you are the political board's Colin Cowherd and Trump is your Sam Darnold. 

Colin Calherd. Has a nice ring to it.

Just now, jbluhm86 said:

Hillary and Trump are the same. Their values only pertain to how they benefit them in the moment. They both lick their fingers and stick them in the air to gauge where the political wind is blowing and then construct their public persona accordingly. 

You'll be amazed at Trump's fall from belief if he can't fight against the Democrats and decides to work with them instead.

only in that they are both human, and your higgardly stetches the "human being" part.

How the hell is "lick their fingers..." applying to Trump? His demand for the wall? So you are saying all of America wants the wall?

His stand against your illegally immigrated murders and rapists? You think all of America wants the illegals out of here:?

There why do YOU support it?

Either way, you got nothin, Jblew.

3 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Sometimes I get the distinct impression that you are the political board's Colin Cowherd and Trump is your Sam Darnold. 

Colin Calherd. Has a nice ring to it.

well, you don't think well, because you are a slimed liberal cult member who only feels. You DON'T THINK. That's why you are wrong about so much of nearly everything.

So, you FEEL that higgardly is Baker Mayfield?

you are getting more ignorant every time one of us kicks your ass in a discussion.

HINT: you make it easy to do.

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

well, you don't think well, because you are a slimed liberal cult member who only feels. You DON'T THINK. That's why you are wrong about so much of nearly everything.

Calm down, Colin Calherd. Tell Daddy where Baker...err...Barack Obama hurt you.

40 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Okay Old, do you, in your heart, believe that Trump gives a flying fuck about pro-life, other than for politcal gain?  I don't.

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

To Trump's credit Christians who have spoken with him say he is open to their teaching him so I have more hope for someone who is ignorant of the bible but open to being taught over someone well  versed in the bible yet doesn't follow the teachings they know about.

Who’s Who of Trump’s ‘Tremendous’ Faith Advisers

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2016/june-web-only/whos-who-of-trumps-tremendous-faith-advisors.html

You're bragging that Trump has televangelists? Holy fuck really? People who make a living ripping off old people. Are you one of the morons that help them buying a few private jets to help spread the word? You think that is a positive for your war hero?

It's amazing to me, that near the beginning of the election process, posters on here called out Trump as being a conman and realized what he was...

Then, when he became their only option, they put party above all else (religious beliefs, etc) and voted for the guy. Now, they defend him at every turn, completely bought in to the con. The thing they actually knew from the beginning...

Trump, like Hilary, said what they needed to say to get votes. If you think Trump gives two shits about Christianity you're crazy. He's just gonna say what he needs to so he can get your vote.

We have a handful more elections where the candidate needs to kiss ass to Christians and pretend they care more than they do. Soon we'll be past it though as that group continues to fade away.

And god damn, you're 100% using "TDS" as your "Race Card". Much more than any liberal actually used it. Any criticism of Trump is now "nope, that doesn't count, TDS. La la la I can't hear you"

Right as you're describing how bad it is to be a fake Christian and not even realizing you're describing Trump...

11 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Okay Old, do you, in your heart, believe that Trump gives a flying fuck about pro-life, other than for politcal gain?  I don't.

I don't know what is in Trump's heart but looking at his actions he has been the most pro life president we have ever had and that includes Reagan.

54 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

It's amazing to me, that near the beginning of the election process, posters on here called out Trump as being a conman and realized what he was...

Then, when he became their only option, they put party above all else (religious beliefs, etc) and voted for the guy. Now, they defend him at every turn, completely bought in to the con. The thing they actually knew from the beginning...

Trump, like Hilary, said what they needed to say to get votes. If you think Trump gives two shits about Christianity you're crazy. He's just gonna say what he needs to so he can get your vote.

We have a handful more elections where the candidate needs to kiss ass to Christians and pretend they care more than they do. Soon we'll be past it though as that group continues to fade away.

When I had the opportunity to vote for someone I thought was better than Trump in the primary I did.  In the general election I saw a worse candidate in Clinton so I voted for Trump. (a decision I have never regretted). Sorry but I don't hate the man. 

Welcome to the real world. All politicians kiss little babies and pander for votes. I guess it is a good thing my faith is never in any politician isn't it? I pity the fools who do have faith in either politicians or political parties. Trump was and always will be the better alternative to Hillary Clinton and he has done some good things that I credit him for.  

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

And god damn, you're 100% using "TDS" as your "Race Card". Much more than any liberal actually used it. Any criticism of Trump is now "nope, that doesn't count, TDS. La la la I can't hear you"

Right as you're describing how bad it is to be a fake Christian and not even realizing you're describing Trump...

When people do and say  crazy irrational things because of an irrational hatred for Trump I call it for what it is.

3 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

When people do and say  crazy irrational things because of an irrational hatred for Trump I call it for what it is.

You're also calling any criticism of Trump TDS

Basically exactly what yourself and others criticized liberals for doing regarding Obama

Archived