THE BROWNS BOARD

*SOURCE* Brian Flores will be our next HC

Adoug319

35 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I didn’t hear that statement but took it for granted that to interview all candidates you’d almost have to wait till the season is officially over. 

Now if they don’t go with GW I’m gonna say that to me Campbell should be the guy. Just my own guess. A homeless guy suggested McDaniels and got his butt whupped. The homeless aren’t so popular around here. And from all the serious internal reports, they’re gonna keep Freddie. 

Which Campbell.. Matt or Dan?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outside of GW and Freddie.. Nothing excites me.. I guess thats good.. by that I mean.. Its not a retread...and could be a blessing down the road..

4 minutes ago, nickers said:

Outside of GW and Freddie.. Nothing excites me.. I guess thats good.. by that I mean.. Its not a retread...and could be a blessing down the road..

I kinda think that the biggest reason that we haven’t signed up the guys we already have is the NFL itself. I’m under the impression that they do not wish to see GW succeed. Hence zero requests from other teams. 

3 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

The Browns will have coaches available for interview from four more teams come Monday morning. Then four more a week from Monday and so on until the championship is decided on February 4th. Dorsey should make his decision by the tenth. 

from JD's presser, the 2 week timetable was on some ant'cie media chick (mkc) wanting JD's browns player grade i think on Collins..The Pats,KC,Saints & Rams were options this week. Got 2 of the 4 & the right guy from Pats. Teams that play next week per brownszone.com are allowed to interview next week whether they win or lose. The quote that got me, was from JD's presser Monday,during the 6 weeks before that the list was compiled. With a quote "Why not go & look at Everybody" it's that important..the 10th maybe?   

8 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Ah, let's put that into proper perspective,,,, he is conducting a search because, you are right, he doesn't know who he will hire....but to say "he doesn't have a clue" seems to mean he is an idiot. I believe he knows what qualities he wants in a HC. I believe he will select the right guy.

By that I mean he has not made a decision 

I think I'm cool with a few guys, but I would rather have a defensive oriented coach, or ideally a special teams guy. Freddie Kitchens stays, that's all I really care about. Oh, and no Josh McDaniels. That guy can go suck a butt. 

19 hours ago, Adoug319 said:

Give me five reasons he’d choose the Dolphins over the Browns. Whoever goes to Miami will be gone in 2 years. That GM will be fired after next season, then that new coach will be a lame duck in his 2nd season

Five? Not sure I can, but let's see...

1. Candidate wants personnel input... not getting that in CLE.
  2. Candidate does not want the pressure of the expectations in CLE.... MIA has a QB issue to solve and that buys time.
  3. Candidate would be following an unpopular, failed HC... not the case in CLE.
  4. It's MIAMI... great place to spend fall/winter...

I owe you 2...

17 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

good catch, I was lunging for the keypad about to say not so fast chuckles. That being said I've never heard this guys name before. He was prob just DC in name only and essentially just conveying what Belichick wanted. Don't the Pats run like a straight up 4-3 now?

Yup... 4-3, but one of those 4 is Trey Flowers who they will stand up at times.

However, Bill's on record as saying the 3-4/4-3 base debate is yesterday's issue as the base is on field <15% of the time in today's game. He essentially considers his base the nickel.

16 hours ago, hoorta said:

don't want any of Bill's underlings. 

AS I wrote elsewhere, that's definitely been the stance the track record supports, but I think that Vrabel has a great shot at changing that... and Patricia still has a shot as well.

5 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I kinda think that the biggest reason that we haven’t signed up the guys we already have is the NFL itself. I’m under the impression that they do not wish to see GW succeed. Hence zero requests from other teams. 

So you think Gregg was lying about turning down multiple HC offers to be Hue's DC?

11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

So you think Gregg was lying about turning down multiple HC offers to be Hue's DC?

I don’t know that one. Did he lie? Did he get a couple of offers? How did his son figure in as a package deal? And the answers to those questions... who cares?

Terry Pluto wrote that about the NFL. 

You must not have read that one

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Five? Not sure I can, but let's see...

1. Candidate wants personnel input... not getting that in CLE.
  2. Candidate does not want the pressure of the expectations in CLE.... MIA has a QB issue to solve and that buys time.
  3. Candidate would be following an unpopular, failed HC... not the case in CLE.
  4. It's MIAMI... great place to spend fall/winter...

I owe you 2...

Yup... 4-3, but one of those 4 is Trey Flowers who they will stand up at times.

However, Bill's on record as saying the 3-4/4-3 base debate is yesterday's issue as the base is on field <15% of the time in today's game. He essentially considers his base the nickel.

AS I wrote elsewhere, that's definitely been the stance the track record supports, but I think that Vrabel has a great shot at changing that... and Patricia still has a shot as well.

Isnt flowers one of the 43 type DE's on the market this year?

6 media hounds have confirmed.."we have interviewed pats Bryan Flores" for our HC job.. come sunrise Dorsey will meet the dc from colts Matt Eberflus after colts win today (can't confirm if Dorsey & Flores watched that one ;))..Dorsey may never miss a dinner date? Like clockwork between 5 & 6 pm the Browns website updates coaching search..

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

lmao....these are the same HC positions he 'didn't even have to show up for an interview' right?  Just 'pick up the phone'?

I'd say the chance of bounty hunter lying about that was about the same as Donald Trump lying....take that as you want.

2 hours ago, Tacosman said:

lmao....these are the same HC positions he 'didn't even have to show up for an interview' right?  Just 'pick up the phone'?

I'd say the chance of bounty hunter lying about that was about the same as Donald Trump lying....take that as you want.

So then Terry Pluto is a liar too? What’s the real story then? I’m curious to know. Do you have inside info? Or just guessing?

12 hours ago, Tacosman said:

Gregg Williams did a great job as interim head coach, but the guy is so full of shit about having to use a baseball bat to keep all the head coaching offers away from him. 

So if this supposed source is true I expect the interview with the Colts coordinator for this afternoon will be cancelled and we will announce Flores today ? if not why are we messing around doing anymore interviews

33 minutes ago, darren15 said:

So if this supposed source is true I expect the interview with the Colts coordinator for this afternoon will be cancelled and we will announce Flores today ? if not why are we messing around doing anymore interviews

Because you can't offer a coach a contract until his team is eliminated from the playoffs. 

And Dorsey has yet to interview Kitchens.

8 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Gregg Williams did a great job as interim head coach, but the guy is so full of shit about having to use a baseball bat to keep all the head coaching offers away from him. 

I could see him having some unofficial phone calls (or official) without a doubt. Why wouldn’t he considering what a turn around of events from one coach to another. I still want to see at least one season of him at HC and kitchens as OC 

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

We're interviewing eberfluss today?

Just confirmed by 7 in browns media Eberflus done today & Browns website also.. McCarthy or Kitchens Monday.. 6 and counting 

10 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Just confirmed by 7 in browns media Eberflus done today & Browns website also.. McCarthy or Kitchens Monday.. 6 and counting 

Then they must be keeping it a secret about Flores. Unless someone was wrong. Or are they gonna wait till Valentine’s Day to announce it?  I heard that we might go for the Vince Lombardi hologram too. I guess he works for 1966 dollars. I myself would prefer the Paul Brown hologram but hey

4 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Then they must be keeping it a secret about Flores. Unless someone was wrong. Or are they gonna wait till Valentine’s Day to announce it?  I heard that we might go for the Vince Lombardi hologram too. I guess he works for 1966 dollars. I myself would prefer the Paul Brown hologram but hey

I'd rather watch the Jenna Jameson (in her XXX prime) hologram.😛

So looks like Flores was unimpressive in his interview with the Dolphins. But from my research, he seems like the quiet leader type, not a rah rah guy, so perhaps that’s what the Dolphins are looking for and why Flores didn’t impress them. They liked Kris Richard, for context, who is a huge rah rah guy.

Barring trades or any owners convincing powerful college coaches to make the jump, wouldnt be surprised to see Munchak in Denver, Flores in Miami, Arians in Tampa.

Someone better tell La Canfora that Flores is going to Cleveland according to sources :)

On 1/8/2019 at 1:13 AM, darren15 said:

Barring trades or any owners convincing powerful college coaches to make the jump, wouldnt be surprised to see Munchak in Denver, Flores in Miami, Arians in Tampa.

Someone better tell La Canfora that Flores is going to Cleveland according to sources :)

He really messed up this time, if he had any credibility left it just evaporated 

A652F30B-9009-4CE8-A242-2C6BC9F9AE5B.png

Archived