THE BROWNS BOARD

Just an FYI Guys- from the Moderators

hoorta

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And just to clarify I was not aware Steve was the moderator here, I thought hoorta was for most of the BB. Otherwise I would have gone directly to Steve asking for a review. Again, leave the "report post" button alone please everyone. No good can come of that.

I agree. Personally I'm glad you're here. Same with just about everybody. And as for anybody on the right or left I don't care if you act like an ass hole once in awhile just suck it up and somebody throws the shit back. 😊

WSS

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I didn't know who it was until he fessed up. But I did guess it was one of the guys on the left because if not they might have come to me instead of crying to hoorta. By the way I read your next post as well and apparently you think you've been unfairly targeted. My moderation guidelines are pretty simple and I think everyone knows them but I think it's evident that even though Cal is more prolific there is nobody more abusive and obnoxious than you. But getting one's feathers ruffled is something to be expected in any political chat room or message board.

WSS

Wait, all I get is a "prolific" ? crap. I was expecting "annoyingly brilliantly creative in responses to constant personal attacks" ah well. A more civil discourse is all I wanted in the first place. Just let other folks have their opinions and whatever. IMHO, the left demands to control the narrative - because they emotionally knee jerk, and they can NOT deal with rational explanations to the contrary.

Right now, we have leftist fed judges who think that if they don't like something PRes Trump does, they will simply call it "unConstitutional" to stop it.

Big problem. and a few posters around here are just like that.

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And just to clarify I was not aware Steve was the moderator here, I thought hoorta was for most of the BB. Otherwise I would have gone directly to Steve asking for a review. Again, leave the "report post" button alone please everyone. No good can come of that.

To the rest of the board:

I've shown where Texie called me a fool - after that, I quit responding to anything with him on the barber shop, and we started getting into it.

Sheply used to do that. He'd say I "ride the short bus" for simply having a conservative opinion on anything. "Retarded" and worse.I soon had had enough of that, and decided to enact my "self-defense" theory.

One of the most glaring truths about my statements about liberals not THINKING or ANALYZING, but instead, going by their emotions completely, is their hypocrisy.

They start the name calling and personal insults, which makes them happy. But when they get it in response, they get UNhappy.

so they complain.

Their party wins an election, they are HAPPY, and will never talk about Uranium one, or Benghazi, or all of Obamao's lies, broken promises, criticism and actions vs our Constitution.

Let the LOSE, and they are UNhappy. They won't talk about promises kept, etc.

To me, it's an emotional cult. The left is unhappy they lost the total power they craved, and no threat, nasty repulsive statement is below them. That's how I see it. And, Texag keeps reflecting that. (since he just can't quit whining about getting his own namecalling thrown back at him.)

Liberals LOL when they name call. It makes them HAPPY ! But name call them back (and you have to admit, I never go below the belt - I'm creative - and they get PO'd - UNhappy, and they whine to the mods.

Texie got enraged over my repeated requests to have ANY kind of justification for the hundreds? of duplicate slurs thrown Pres Trump's way - for no reason.

In conclusion - I clearly showed that TexAg started the name calling in december- called me a fool for my OPINION, then I started responding in kind.

Let it drop, I proved my point.

On 1/11/2019 at 10:28 AM, calfoxwc said:

nope. There are plenty of posters around here I'm absolutely fine with. Your post right there isn't all that bad, but it's how you roll when you are disagreed with, and your false narrative is completely rendered null and void.

With Woody, he started it a long time ago, same as a few others. I don't post on the Browns forum ANYTHING like I do here.

Think about that, and I respond in kind.  I don't start the trouble - I respond to it...

Calling bullshit on that one immediately. Granted, you may restrict you're posting to Browns-related topics most of the time when you post in the team portion of this site. But you definitely repeat your pol-thread style of posting long, rambling diatribes, attacking and insulting posters who disagree with you and doubling down when it's made blatantly obvious that you're wrong on a position. 

The whole thread about Josh Allen during the draft season last year comes to mind as a demonstration. There's 20+ pages of you posting alot of nonsensical bullshit, you doubling down on said bullshit and attacking and insulting posters who disagreed with you...and guess what? There's multiple responses and clap-backs against you from multiple posters in that thread - many of whom don't even visit the political board to see your madness on a daily basis -  and they treated you EXACTLY how we treat you here. You are not some innocent Mary Sue like you're trying to portray yourself as here.

Go ahead and read what Hoorta posted up near the top of this thread:

"...so I think you (and anyone else of the regulars here) know who the primary offending party is..  :) So maybe he should cool it.... "

He's not talking about me, or Woody, or Cleve, or DH, or mz the pussy the pussy the pussy the pussy the pussy, etc. He's referring to you. 

...You libs ridicule Christian's beliefs, Woody has ridiculed my stories, ridiculed God, etc etc. There isn't any reason for you libs to get away with what you eventually whine about to the mods.

Have a nice day, fellow poster. LOL 

Well guess what, sweetheart? Christian beliefs are still ideas at the end of day, much like other religious beliefs or atheist non-belief are ideas as well, and ideas posted here are open to debate, criticism and yes, even mockery. That's just the nature debating ideas. I could sincerely believe in a deity that is a flying spaghetti monster, or that the world is flat, or that the sky is purple instead of blue, or whatever you want to imagine. Just because I could sincerely hold those beliefs doesn't excuse them from being critiqued or even made fun of: mockery is a valid form of criticism. There's posters here who sincerely believe in leftist-liberal causes and ideas, and that doesn't stop you from insulting those ideas or those posters for having those ideas. Just because religion and Christianity is your sacred cow - never to be criticized by anyone, ever- that doesn't mean that everyone else here has to make it their sacred cow as well. 

Now, in the spirit of detente, I could make a separate thread about religion that could be used exclusively for religious debate, sort of how we let JAFBF have his conspiracy stuff or how you have your Demosocasupercalafragalisticexpialawhogivesafuck thread where you post all of your crazy liberal-bashing shit, if that'll help keep the peace. Maybe making a separate thread about it and limiting religious debate to that thread could help protect yours and other religious folks "feewwings" in other topics, but until told otherwise by the owners of the board, I'm still going to treat religious beliefs the same as any other idea that's up for debate on this board.

regarding the Josh Allen thing, I was attacked for daring to disagree. That pretty much gets my goat.

Then start the personal attacks because I keep disagreeing, and that got out of hand.

when someone asks "why do ..." and I explain, it isn't a debate. You don't know what you are talking about, and you can't stand

being disagreed with. On either forum. That is your problem, not mine. Ridiculing other people's religious beliefs is a debate?

Go ahead, ask the mods about that one. You hard core liberals out out of control - starting trouble, then whining that you are getting back what you started.

I don't start trouble. I'm just good at responding to it. Texhag openly called me a fool because I was disagreeing with him.

So, it was on. You libs don't get to break the rules of engagement, and then demand everybody else abide by them.

You THINK you should get away with it, because throughout the leftist community - it's like "Lord of the Flies" you think you are the law, and nobody else should apply the law to YOU.

Have a nice day.

I enjoy this forum most of the time, because it can give you (us) different perspectives. 

IMHO ,today's politics, especially on the national level are so screwed up it's caused a rift among the middle class. Average Joe's vs Average Joe's. I hope that ends but doubt it ever will now....social media sites like this fan the flames just like Trump vs Pelosi, Gingrich vs Clinton etc. 

And we get reeled In, virtually every day🙂

If I get another complaint/report cuz of stupidity this forum will get shut down. There are moderators and theres an owner and thats me. If you cant take ridicule get the hell off the forum. I really dont care and am tired of the dumb emails. Everyone has an opinion and if you dont like others opinions then scroll past it cuz there is free speech on here. Please for goodness sakes pull up your big boy pants and move on! HagII 

20 minutes ago, HAGII said:

If I get another complaint/report cuz of stupidity this forum will get shut down. There are moderators and theres an owner and thats me. If you cant take ridicule get the hell off the forum. I really dont care and am tired of the dumb emails. Everyone has an opinion and if you dont like others opinions then scroll past it cuz there is free speech on here. Please for goodness sakes pull up your big boy pants and move on! HagII 

It is sad that people nowadays get so upset about things others say

I can see getting upset about attacks on people’s families or others that are not on here to defend themselves though

But snitching is pretty lame

Just now, Browns149 said:

It is sad that people nowadays get so upset about things others say

I can see getting upset about attacks on people’s families or others that are not on here to defend themselves though

But snitching is pretty lame

Right! You know Stan passed and people were calling him names amongst other things on here... couldn't defend himself but posters thought it was alright then but I am pretty sure he would have come back with a response of wit cuz that's the way he was. I have had posters banned on here and they will stay banned/deleted. Theres a line of people waiting to get accepted within this forum. Let them have their turn. Have a nice weekend! 

Just now, HAGII said:

Right! You know Stan passed and people were calling him names amongst other things on here... couldn't defend himself but posters thought it was alright then but I am pretty sure he would have come back with a response of wit cuz that's the way he was. I have had posters banned on here and they will stay banned/deleted. Theres a line of people waiting to get accepted within this forum. Let them have their turn. Have a nice weekend! 

Calling a recently passed away person names is about as low as you can go

Not cool

On 1/12/2019 at 6:50 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

And hopefully- things can calm down here. Sorry if you didn't know I wasn't the Moderator here Ag. Though in the last couple months my Mod powers somehow got broadend. Thankfully- Zombo still has a Real Estate business he has to look after, and he doesn't have the time to police everywhere.   

Just my 0.02, and it's sort of directed to those on the far right who think it's just the lefties who are out to get Trump. There's a legion of long term hard core card carrying Republicans who hate Trumps guts, and can't wait until the guy is run out of Washington on a rail. 

So, just calling Trump names on a political board is no reason to start calling the poster names.... 

Peace, OUT....  

12 minutes ago, hoorta said:

And hopefully- things can calm down here. Sorry if you didn't know I wasn't the Moderator here Ag. Though in the last couple months my Mod powers somehow got broadend. Thankfully- Zombo still has a Real Estate business he has to look after, and he doesn't have the time to police everywhere.   

Just my 0.02, and it's sort of directed to those on the far right who think it's just the lefties who are out to get Trump. There's a legion of long term hard core card carrying Republicans who hate Trumps guts, and can't wait until the guy is run out of Washington on a rail. 

So, just calling Trump names on a political board is no reason to start calling the poster names.... 

Peace, OUT....  

My 2 cents is that this goes both ways. It is not just those on the "far right" hurling personal attacks because someone is calling Trump names. I have had plenty of personal attacks for my conservative views on the site yet never once have I complained. I recently had this gem thrown my way because of supporting Trump:

On 1/2/2019 at 2:00 PM, cccjwh said:

A christian supporting an amoral, adulterer piece of garbage that doesn't following any of Jesus's teaching. - That is hypocrisy.  I understand why you hate Mitch. He is standing by his faith, while you are wiping your ass with yours.

The Board has a simple fix to take care of someone like this and that is you can put them on ignore which I what I have done. I personally believe when anyone makes a personal attack like this it speaks more to their own character than anything else.

14 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

regarding the Josh Allen thing, I was attacked for daring to disagree. That pretty much gets my goat.

Then start the personal attacks because I keep disagreeing, and that got out of hand.

when someone asks "why do ..." and I explain, it isn't a debate. You don't know what you are talking about, and you can't stand

being disagreed with. On either forum. That is your problem, not mine. Ridiculing other people's religious beliefs is a debate?

Go ahead, ask the mods about that one. You hard core liberals out out of control - starting trouble, then whining that you are getting back what you started.

I don't start trouble. I'm just good at responding to it. Texhag openly called me a fool because I was disagreeing with him.

So, it was on. You libs don't get to break the rules of engagement, and then demand everybody else abide by them.

You THINK you should get away with it, because throughout the leftist community - it's like "Lord of the Flies" you think you are the law, and nobody else should apply the law to YOU.

Have a nice day.

Nope, Woody is mostly right. Like JB pointed out- anyone who doesn't agree with your position- be it politics, or a college football player- is "the enemy" to be attacked. 

Furthermore Cal, the liberal POV isn't going to go away- so come to grips with it. Not only that, your hero President Trump is giving the liberals more ammunition daily by his shenanigans in the Capitol. Add in- the "Never Trump" Republicans haven't gone away- they were willing to give him a Honeymoon period, and that's long over. If you don't believe it, that's your prerogative.  I've said it before- in my former line of work, people's lives depended on me making accurate unbiased observations, and in all humility- I think I'm pretty good at it. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Nope, Woody is mostly right. Like JB pointed out- anyone who doesn't agree with your position- be it politics, or a college football player- is "the enemy" to be attacked. 

Furthermore Cal, the liberal POV isn't going to go away- so come to grips with it. Not only that, your hero President Trump is giving the liberals more ammunition daily by his shenanigans in the Capitol. Add in- the "Never Trump" Republicans haven't gone away- they were willing to give him a Honeymoon period, and that's long over. If you don't believe it, that's your prerogative.  I've said it before- in my former line of work, people's lives depended on me making accurate unbiased observations, and in all humility- I think I'm pretty good at it. 

Hoorta you are good at making unbiased observations and for that I respect your opinions but I think Cal is getting a bum rap here and I say that as someone who posts alot on the political side of the Browns Board. First of all I do see Cal most of the time responding to attacks and not instigating them. I would say everyone who posts here either on the left or the right gives as good as they get. I might be wrong about this but my recollection was that Tex took offense to Cal saying something he had done which he said was cowardly. I don't remember Cal ever saying Tex was a coward just that his action was cowardly. When Cal found out how much this offended Tex he apologized and I believe he also made the point he was only referring to Tex's action and in no way was saying Tex was a coward and that he had a lot of respect for Tex. I have a lot of respect for Tex as well even though we are polar opposites with Trump.  I apologize in advance for speaking for either Cal or Tex in this post but I hope they can iron things out as they both have way more things in common than political differences. 

5 hours ago, HAGII said:

WSS

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

First of all I do see Cal most of the time responding to attacks and not instigating them. 

I stopped reading ur post right there cause you're full of dogshit. Complete "doggyshit". You know full well just posting a contradictory idea, opinion or article...is "insulting" to Cal and an excuse for him to go off on one of his benders. 

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

baloney, sir. I am not a big Trump the entertainer/person before he was pres fan. Git yourself back and look. I called him more of a circus barker/whatever else.

But as much as I respected one poster for having so much in common with me, as in, GO LOOK at the barber shop, over here, the insults started, etc etc.

So, over here, Steve has disagreed with me, Cysko has, others have.

There is another who threatened me on the Browns board, he lives in my state - but Flugels asked me not to hurt the board by going to the police. So I put that person on ignore, and that ended. Another poster has said some pretty below the belt nasty stuff I could consider to be a threat, and every once in a while, he smarts off to me, at least, the few times I went ahead and opened his post up anyways.

Furthermore, Hoorta, a long time ago, someone threatened to kill a member of my family because we were arguing about Tim Couch, and I left the board. It was Flugels who asked me to start posting again.

Furthermore, one time back then, Rich4Eagle and I were arguing over football, and we ended up hurling silly "insults" at each other for weeks? and not once was it inappropriate, nasty, just silly goofy stuff, which I think is funny.

Logic disagrees with me a lot, I'm good with that. Texag always disagrees with me over politics - I was fine until he started the name calling, so I simply retaliated.

Personally, I called you "Mr. Hoorta" for a long, long time, having met you at a tailgate, I think, but after your "Rosen is better, stop talking about Allen he sucks and you...blah blah", I quit.

I have never been a troublemaking alpha male on this board, ever. But the ridicule and disgusting attacks by mz the pussy (note - I only type the first two letters there, just think about that) and Shep went way, way out of control. So I decided I didn't want threats again, so I respond in kind.

Steve OBJ, and others get crap from some of the same people. Some people demand to own the narrative, and contrary opinions aren't allowed.

Bob is a great guy, we disagree in the worst way, he doesn't appreciate it, sometimes I don't either, but I would never try to run someone off the board over being on one side or the other.

Threats should not be allowed, serious character assasination, saying someone is a felon or something about rape etc, should never, ever be allowed. I've seen both in the past said to other posters, only sometimes does it get immediately deleted.

You are one of those who blew up at me for having fun RESPONDING about Josh Allen when others hated and ridiculed Allen, while making Rosen the star of the draft. Then you really got po'd BECAUSE I WOULDN'T SHUT UP ABOUT ALLEN, then the crap started.

On this board, over the years, there have been attempts to quiet conservative voices, even to the point of attacking them in a group, then complaining that the person attacked is "mean".

I was once asked a legit question about my Christian faith - why I "know God is there". I simply explained a personal story, really serious, and got lambasted with constant ridicule for a good while after. One poster went ballistic because I nearly died, and by only a miracle, I survived, and he had lost a family member and hated me for my story.

What? Every so often, Woody ridicules that story. and ridiculing God is not uncommon here, ...why? it isn't us who is intolerant of being disagreed with.

Woody has already posted that he has no intention of stopping smarting off to me, etc. It's most all he does to other posters who don't share his views.

Have a nice day.

BTW, Hoorta - you can go check with Flugels over what I described earlier. And while you are at it, go ahead

and talk to Flugels about how we have argued over politics in the past on the phone. LOL.

Trust me, he and I  both know enough to have completely opposite viewpoints, we finally had to try to stop talking on

the subject - lol.

17 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

BTW, Hoorta - you can go check with Flugels over what I described earlier. And while you are at it, go ahead

and talk to Flugels about how we have argued over politics in the past on the phone. LOL.

Trust me, he and I  both know enough to have completely opposite viewpoints, we finally had to try to stop talking on

the subject - lol.

I'll just leave it at this Cal. you have me and Tour confused. I was never a Rosen supporter. So you loved Allen. About no one else did. 

And again, when I (or anyone else) put on their Moderator hat- we have to look at the preponderance of evidence. If five other guys go posting "this guy is a serious jerk" Thats 5:1- or sometimes near unanimous in the case of Ghoolie. Well, greatest good for the greatest number. Over on the Browns Forum, damn near everyone (myself included) think\thought Baking up Turnovers arrived from another planet, he's so out of touch with reality. Tour decided to stick up for him. I do respect his POV- but not Baking's, becuase it's f**king crazy to think that.  I'll let Steve decide what goes over here, I'm sure as hell not going to spend my time here arguing politics- as I'm not all that much into it. 

20 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I'll just leave it at this Cal. you have me and Tour confused. I was never a Rosen supporter. So you loved Allen. About no one else did. 

And again, when I (or anyone else) put on their Moderator hat- we have to look at the preponderance of evidence. If five other guys go posting "this guy is a serious jerk" Thats 5:1- or sometimes near unanimous in the case of Ghoolie. Well, greatest good for the greatest number. Over on the Browns Forum, damn near everyone (myself included) think\thought Baking up Turnovers arrived from another planet, he's so out of touch with reality. Tour decided to stick up for him. I do respect his POV- but not Baking's, becuase it's f**king crazy to think that.  I'll let Steve decide what goes over here, I'm sure as hell not going to spend my time here arguing politics- as I'm not all that much into it. 

Well, fair enough, dang it. Know this - Westside has my number, and he knows if he calls me and says I'm being a jerk, I'll know it's true, and I've told him that.

Know this - sometimes the idea of ganging up on a poster that is conservative, only to turn around and whine about the conservative poster being "mean" in response, is a narrative/content controlling game that has been played in the past.

Not that you care, but I can tell you his name, and how I kept warning him he was being baited, and how he had to stop taking the bait, but he didn't, got gone. He lost his temper, and that was that. And the people back then who pulled it off? laughed about it later.

I don't get into it over on the Browns forum with all sorts of people who I disagree with, etc etc etc. I just have my dumb opinions, which, because I'm retired, have been developed over years with all sorts of information and personal experiences. So when I get challenged over an opinion, I can relate all sorts of stuff to explain why I think whatever, especially on this forum.

One more thing - I clearly showed that TexAg, who could have been a friend earlier on, first called me a fool in dec, and that started us getting more and more into it.

And recently, per his own admission, he whined to the mods that I insulted him.

I honestly do not remember one time, ever, that agnostics or atheists were ridiculed on this board. Not Muslim, nada. But Christians are apparently fair game, as OBF explained.

Now, the Woody thing is long running. I explained how that started, and he was ridiculing my Christian beliefs, and what happened when I nearly died as a kid - he ridiculed that often. So, it was repetitive like a woodpecker pecking a tree, so that is how the woodpecker thing started. When someone earns a goofy joke nickname from me, I don't see how that is being mean.

That all I got on the subject.

Archived