THE BROWNS BOARD

Texas already has a solution - it isn't a shallow, dangerous "red flag" law

calfoxwc

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

why can't liberals ever solve solutions?

because they have ulterior motives for letting the problems continue, and giving them

more power to their power ends.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/01/texas-already-has-extreme-risk-protection-order-laws/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=556ff4336a-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-556ff4336a-20770865#axzz5ccBkT2eD

Trump is pro "red flag" laws by the way.

Starts at 1:25

that is a stupid mistake - it "Pollyanna" -ish ignores the waiting abuse of such laws.

It's already happened with SWAT teams.

Swatting - Wikipedia

Swatting is the harassment tactic of deceiving an emergency service (via such means as hoaxing an emergency services dispatcher) into sending a police and emergency service response team to another person's address.

Nov 13, 2018 - Prosecutors say that in addition to initiating the swatting episode in Kansas — where he entered his plea on Tuesday — Mr. Barriss made ...

44 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

"Due process later"

Trump has some character flaws but one I like with Trump is that he may demand loyalty from those around him but he seems to be loyal back as well. From the evangelical Christian point of view he has come through very well in paying back for their support such as being the most pro life president ever. How pro life is Trump really? Let's say he is not really but became pro life for our votes. The fact remains he has done well for us and religious freedom rights as president.

I see the same on the gun issue. Trump did use to be pro gun control and supported the ban on "assault rifles" in the 90's. I am not sure how much by nature he is really a gun rights advocate but he has been loyal to the NRA who supported him. He has said some really cringe worthy things such as suspending due process on the second amendment. I remember though after him saying that he got really quiet about that later and I have to believe the NRA had his ear and got him back on the reservation. And we will always be better off with him as president than with Clinton who hates the NRA and likely the second amendment as well.

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Trump is a NYC Dem his whole life and now gets to play an obnoxious RINO.

In some ways yes indeed. I think most Americans are softer on the Second Amendment then you.  So your option is to join up with tex and vote for Hillary or Beto O'Rourke or Bernie Sanders or Cortez or anybody you want and claim your striking a blow for truth justice and the American way.

Of course the goalposts have been changed, today and New York City Democrat is de Blasio.

WSS

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

In some ways yes indeed. I think most Americans are softer on the Second Amendment then you.  So your option is to join up with tex and vote for Hillary or Beto O'Rourke or Bernie Sanders or Cortez or anybody you want and claim your striking a blow for truth justice and the American way.

Of course the goalposts have been changed, today and New York City Democrat is de Blasio.

WSS

Huffing a fart is better than eating shit but I shouldn’t be happy about huffing a fart.

on principle - it's similar to bump stocks. If someone is on drugs/serious booze and threatens to shoot people with his gun,

I can see a legimate reason for the red flag law.

But the left has made it a determination to abuse laws for their own ends, and making the law into a farce will happen - that precedent has already been set to a degree with "swatting".

"red flagging" will become a far more dangerous activity - leveling false charges because some scumbags are mad at someone, or for personal benefit, like custody of children in divorce, etc.

And I'm sure red flag laws will not contain any serious prison time for intentionally falsely charging someone,

because it suits the end game of the left to let it be abused.

20 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

on principle - it's similar to bump stocks. If someone is on drugs/serious booze and threatens to shoot people with his gun,

I can see a legimate reason for the red flag law.

But the left has made it a determination to abuse laws for their own ends, and making the law into a farce will happen - that precedent has already been set to a degree with "swatting".

"red flagging" will become a far more dangerous activity - leveling false charges because some scumbags are mad at someone, or for personal benefit, like custody of children in divorce, etc.

And I'm sure red flag laws will not contain any serious prison time for intentionally falsely charging someone,

because it suits the end game of the left to let it be abused.

The law of unintended consequences. It will lead to a whole bunch of people in a terrible situation, civilian and law enforcement.

Archived