THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the Super Bowl

Zombo

I think both are great teams that deserve to be there, despite refs screwing up big time during this year. 

In the same drive that the Patriots "were helped" due to some flags, Chiefs commited some faults that were not called. Don't ask me to tell you exactly which. 

The Saints got away with the some facemask, holding, etc, that someone already posted on Twitter.

I wanted a Saints-Chiefs Superbowl, and I was angry at the HUGE PI the refs missed on the Saints game, but both teams have been playing well: just on the Conference Finals, the Patriots kept the Chiefs and its offense on 0 points 2 FULL QUARTERS, while scoring themselves 2 TDs. Meanwhile, the Rams played on a 110dB airport and went all the distance to tie the game with a FG (thanks to a TO that Peyton gracefully left there...) and stopped the Saints (another big offense) on OT.

But whatever, I'm over it already and I'm just thinking on having a great late night with my friends (we are even more this year... 8!).

I root for the Rams, but my bet is for the Patriots. 

Have a great Super Sunday!!!!

6 hours ago, Nero said:

I think both are great teams that deserve to be there, despite refs screwing up big time during this year. 

In the same drive that the Patriots "were helped" due to some flags, Chiefs commited some faults that were not called. Don't ask me to tell you exactly which. 

The Saints got away with the some facemask, holding, etc, that someone already posted on Twitter.

I wanted a Saints-Chiefs Superbowl, and I was angry at the HUGE PI the refs missed on the Saints game, but both teams have been playing well: just on the Conference Finals, the Patriots kept the Chiefs and its offense on 0 points 2 FULL QUARTERS, while scoring themselves 2 TDs. Meanwhile, the Rams played on a 110dB airport and went all the distance to tie the game with a FG (thanks to a TO that Peyton gracefully left there...) and stopped the Saints (another big offense) on OT.

But whatever, I'm over it already and I'm just thinking on having a great late night with my friends (we are even more this year... 8!).

I root for the Rams, but my bet is for the Patriots. 

Have a great Super Sunday!!!!

Let me clue you in.. The RAMS do NOT deserve to be there.. They were guided by the powers that be .." To be there".. They are in fact the NFL's new love child.. There was no way in hell the NFL was gonna let them miss the Super Bowl.. They are the NFL's hand picked darling.. The NFL basically forced the Rams to get back in to the LA Market.. They supplied the Rams with the where with all to acquire the talent necesarry to get there.. because Kroenke doesnt have the brains or patience to do it himself.. The NFL is basically holding his hand... Don't be surprised to see a few shady calls go they're way Sunday...

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Let me clue you in.. The RAMS do NOT deserve to be there.. They were guided by the powers that be .." To be there".. They are in fact the NFL's new love child.. There was no way in hell the NFL was gonna let them miss the Super Bowl.. They are the NFL's hand picked darling.. The NFL basically forced the Rams to get back in to the LA Market.. They supplied the Rams with the where with all to acquire the talent necesarry to get there.. because Kroenke doesnt have the brains or patience to do it himself.. The NFL is basically holding his hand... Don't be surprised to see a few shady calls go they're way Sunday...

But I thought the only reason the Patriots continue to win was that they get all the calls?

15 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

But I thought the only reason the Patriots continue to win was that they get all the calls?

Not always but most of the time.. Id say the tables are bit turned in this instance in lieu of the investment the NFL has put into the Rams..

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Not the only reason and not every call win or lose but it might come in handy in the NFL on rare occasions.  (ask any Saint fan for one....or any BROWNS fan this year)

20 hours ago, hoorta said:

They BOTH shouldn't be there Cal. Brady got a gift drive sustaining roughing the passer call where he barely got touched...  Call it the REF Bowl...   If they blow a call as bad as the Rams- Pats in the big game, it may finally get the league to do something about the lousy officiating that was rampant this past year.  Remember the no-call in the Browns Chargers game where LaLa got a gift Touchdown when one of their O-line jumped offside by a mile before the snap? Or the helmet hit on Baker in the Tampa game with no call?  

You almost want to say it was fixed to get the teams the NFL "wanted" to be in the Super Bowl.... 

I actually missed that deal with Brady, since I root against them so much. ah well. And that no call on the olineman that jumped so early - egad, that sucks, that I remember. I just don't see these failure to calls with the squealers - it bugs me.

Something has to be done. BTW. am I wrong - ? - I believe the fine on that ref was 27000 bucks, but I thought they had a policy of not discussing referreeing to the media?

Archived