THE BROWNS BOARD

Pharms

ballpeen

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/loca...bpharms280.html

A long article on Pharm's from last year....I only copy the part that struck me.....lol...what a nut that guy was...

Pharms, a 250-pound linebacker from Sacramento, Calif., was a star at the UW. He bench-pressed more than 400 pounds, sported a pit-bull tattoo, and sometimes, during games, locked eyes with an opposing player and proceeded to urinate, the stream darkening his pants. He did this to intimidate. After all, who'd want to go against someone as crazy as that?

Guest Aloysius

Wow. The folks at the Plain Dealer must have felt pretty stupid for running this:

"While his Washington teammates were out socializing on Friday and Saturday nights, Jeremiah Pharms was home changing diapers," a Cleveland newspaper wrote.

And I doubt we'll ever hear anything like this from the Mangini regime (from another piece on Pharms):

In April of 1998, Pharms was one of three Huskies arrested for an alleged assault of a Washington student. After a six-week investigation, no charges were filed because prosecutors could not build their case because as many as 10 people took part in the assault.

There also were questions whether Pharms would be able to play last season due to academic difficulties. He missed some of spring practice in 2000.

Lew Merletti, the Browns' director of security, oversees background checks on possible draftees. But the team relies on the league for security checks on lower-round picks, because it does not have the manpower to check every possible choice.

"This is a fifth-round draft choice," Lerner said. "We're not nearly as thorough in the fifth round as we are in the first, second and third round. And the league does a lot of work on these people, too."

Please don't tell me that he's still somewhat related to the Cleveland Browns Football Club?????

There are quite a few players in the NFL who have a similiar background....

Modern pro football is a very violent game and some players are a fine line away from being criminal.....

peace

T.Dawg

Please don't tell me that he's still somewhat related to the Cleveland Browns Football Club?????

There are quite a few players in the NFL who have a similiar background....

Modern pro football is a very violent game and some players are a fine line away from being criminal.....

peace

T.Dawg

Some? Would be nice to see if its closer to half the players who have at least a misdameanor charge against them half the charges against the players go unprosecuted anyways. If you want to improve the game they should have a limit as to how low your wonderlic test scores are before your allowed to make NFL wages.

Archived