THE BROWNS BOARD

Flacco is going to Denver

darren15

32 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I almost forgot about Flacco's fat contract. . .

If you look at the link I posted, Keenum has an equally fat contract. Guaranteed $25 million, that the Broncos are still on the hook for $7 million of, with a $10 million dead cap. Can't see Denver keeping him around as a $18 million backup.

As one of the previous posters said, is Flacco really that much of an upgrade? 

8 minutes ago, hoorta said:

If you look at the link I posted, Keenum has an equally fat contract. Guaranteed $25 million, that the Broncos are still on the hook for $7 million of, with a $10 million dead cap. Can't see Denver keeping him around as a $18 million backup.

As one of the previous posters said, is Flacco really that much of an upgrade? 

Saw several sports talk shows on this subject, and the collective answer was:   NO, not really

QB Veteran Carousel:

One player jumped off one horse and on to another:  Flacco....off the merry go round...on to the Broncos.

Now what about:

Foles.     Redskins could be a good place for him....but Eagles would never trade him in-division.

Tannehill could either be had in trade....or end up on the street.

Bortles....see Tannehill

Keenum....will he just be kept by Denver....or will he be put on the block.

Carr.....some say he may be traded.

Rosen.....more than one said that  Cards will take  Murray....and trade Rosen....possibly to the Pats.

Tyrod Taylor....is a FA.    Where could he land?  Back here?  (makes some sense)

Teddy Twatwater....not sure if he is FA or not.    Miami/Jax/DC could be landing spots. 

Sam Bradford....is available if anyone wants him.

Ryan Fitzpatrick....the same.

Eli Manning.    He will be safe with the Giants.....until they possibly draft Hankins.....and use Eli as a bridge QB.

Anyone else?

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

QB Veteran Carousel:

One player jumped off one horse and on to another:  Flacco....off the merry go round...on to the Broncos.

Now what about:

Foles.     Redskins could be a good place for him....but Eagles would never trade him in-division. Jacksonville*, Eagles former OC John Deflippo now OC at Jags 

Tannehill could either be had in trade....or end up on the street. Now with Flores in house with 5 years, I'd say draft high & best player wins.

Bortles....see Tannehill....1 year back-up deal elsewhere, not at Jags,maybe Redskins?

Keenum....will he just be kept by Denver....or will he be put on the block. Too much dough owed to keep in Denver with Flacco, how bout a back-up to Cousins again?

Carr.....some say he may be traded. Chuckie will come to his senses.BPA.Carr stays 1 more season, than Vegas Drafts from better QB class next season

Rosen.....more than one said that  Cards will take  Murray....and trade Rosen....possibly to the Pats. The GM in Zona is clueless. He's capable of anything, lean trade

Tyrod Taylor....is a FA.    Where could he land?  Back here?  (makes some sense) Why does Baltimore make sense now? TT could compete to start. back-up money here? not sure

Teddy Twatwater....not sure if he is FA or not.    Miami/Jax/DC could be landing spots. Am not sure Teddy gave up cross-dressing? Knee for a leg in DC? Maybe at fair price..

Sam Bradford....is available if anyone wants him. This guy made more money for completing 8 yard passes than I've ever seen..now living in a van down by the river..

Ryan Fitzpatrick....the same. Buffalo again..me you & god could play back up QB better than Peterman :o

Eli Manning.    He will be safe with the Giants.....until they possibly draft Hankins.....and use Eli as a bridge QB. Davis Webb Sucks canal water..Getelman drafts Haskins

Anyone else? How good is Drew Stanton on the field in Dorsey's mind? we shall see

Interesting layout Gip..had to take a swing (surely with a few misses)

34 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Interesting layout Gip..had to take a swing (surely with a few misses)

All good input you had there Boss. Would not surprise me if a lot of what you say happens.    And I still think that TT could do no better than to stay here as a backup.  If he doesn't have a clue that his future in this league is as a backup and not a starter...then he is fooling himself.

On 2/13/2019 at 11:08 AM, Canton Dawg said:

Which proves once again...Elway can't draft a QB to save his life.

Or just maybe Elway sees what a weak draft class there is this year in the QB department. He isn't wrong about that.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Or just maybe Elway sees what a weak draft class there is this year in the QB department. He isn't wrong about that.

True, but his record of drafting QB’s is pretty abysmal.

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

weak ? it ain't  weak you gotta Buckeye gonna compete

5 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

True, but his record of drafting QB’s is pretty abysmal.

Go ahead John- draft Kyler Murray in the first, like some mocks have you doing... 

12 minutes ago, ATOM said:

weak ? it ain't  weak you gotta Buckeye gonna compete

Well, Walter Football has four quarterbacks with first round grades...  about the same as last year..... If you're desperate for a qb, you're going to reach and over draft... 

16 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Go ahead John- draft Kyler Murray in the first, like some mocks have you doing... 

Well, Walter Football has four quarterbacks with first round grades...  about the same as last year..... If you're desperate for a qb, you're going to reach and over draft... 

no Bakers in this years draft

Interesting article on CBS mock draft.  Because they traded for Flacco they trade down, we trade up to their 10th pick and get Dexter lawrence -DT-Clemson. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-broncos-move-down-after-flacco-trade-as-browns-hop-into-top-10-for-defensive-tackle/?fbclid=IwAR3gpFq4XDLIn7K-i4Q1foUHdwdWHTyF5kje08TFjLtKQO_Xk8Os6kNaQls

34 minutes ago, 5150k9 said:

Interesting article on CBS mock draft.  Because they traded for Flacco they trade down, we trade up to their 10th pick and get Dexter lawrence -DT-Clemson. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-broncos-move-down-after-flacco-trade-as-browns-hop-into-top-10-for-defensive-tackle/?fbclid=IwAR3gpFq4XDLIn7K-i4Q1foUHdwdWHTyF5kje08TFjLtKQO_Xk8Os6kNaQls

Sorry, but if I trade into the top 10 & he's there, Devin White, LSU LB, is who I'm taking. That being said, I'm not qualified to make that decision, so I'll just wait & see who the real pros come up with.

Mike

41 minutes ago, 5150k9 said:

Looking at the draft value chart- moving from #17 to #10 would mean flipping second round picks...  Throw in the Patriots pick at the bottom of the third- done deal....

10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Looking at the draft value chart- moving from #17 to #10 would mean flipping second round picks...  Throw in the Patriots pick at the bottom of the third- done deal....

You guys seem to have a knowledgeable idea what draft picks are worth. I do not, but just thought it was an interesting article that they would trade down now. But your scenario I would also feel would be worth it. 

18 minutes ago, 5150k9 said:

You guys seem to have a knowledgeable idea what draft picks are worth. I do not, but just thought it was an interesting article that they would trade down now. But your scenario I would also feel would be worth it. 

It's somewhat dated, but there is a "draft value" chart...  http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php   to move up from #17 to #10 costs you 350 points that your have to make up somewhere....  Our second round pick is worth 410, meaning the Broncos would owe us 60 somewhere...  There's also the "Quarterback premium". Teams wanting to move up for a QB generally have to give up a lot more than what the chart says they should have to...  

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I really hope Baltimore regrets this trade. Not because I give a fuck about Joe Flacco but anything that bums out the Ravens is great in my book.

WSS

I think they will Steve. I just don't see any long term success with Jackson.

Mike

On 2/15/2019 at 7:58 PM, Canton Mike said:

Sorry, but if I trade into the top 10 & he's there, Devin White, LSU LB, is who I'm taking. That being said, I'm not qualified to make that decision, so I'll just wait & see who the real pros come up with.

You are not near as dumb as most folks think you are...

Archived