THE BROWNS BOARD

Pie in the sky. Pie in America's eye

calfoxwc

If Congress passes Obama's energy tax, we will ALL be screwed over with high taxes and hyperinflation.

So, for those of you who voted for Otrauma to "get" those rich 5%...

you made a very serious mistake - "there are none so blind, as those who will not see):

Here is what will happen with their energy tax - it will:

1. Reduce aggregate gross domestic product (GDP) by $9.6 trillion
  2. Destroy an average of 1-3 million jobs, every year
  3. Raise electricity rates 90 percent after adjusting for inflation
  4. Raise inflation-adjusted gasoline prices by 74 percent
  5. Raise residential natural gas prices by 55 percent
  6. Raise an average family's annual energy bill by $1,500 annually
  7. Increase the federal debt by 26 percent, which is $29,150 per person

The Cap and Tax Fiction

<H2 class=subhead>Democrats off-loading economics to pass climate change bill.</H2>

• House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has put cap-and-trade legislation on a forced march through the House, and the bill may get a full vote as early as Friday. It looks as if the Democrats will have to destroy the discipline of economics to get it done.
Despite House Energy and Commerce Chairman Henry Waxman's many payoffs to Members, rural and Blue Dog Democrats remain wary of voting for a bill that will impose crushing costs on their home-district businesses and consumers. The leadership's solution to this problem is to simply claim the bill defies the laws of economics.

Their gambit got a boost this week, when the Congressional Budget Office did an analysis of what has come to be known as the Waxman-Markey bill. According to the CBO, the climate legislation would cost the average household only $175 a year by 2020. Edward Markey, Mr. Waxman's co-author, instantly set to crowing that the cost of upending the entire energy economy would be no more than a postage stamp a day for the average household. Amazing. A closer look at the CBO analysis finds that it contains so many caveats as to render it useless.

OB-DX990_WAXMAN_D_20090624185656.jpg Associated Press Henry Waxman

For starters, the CBO estimate is a one-year snapshot of taxes that will extend to infinity. Under a cap-and-trade system, government sets a cap on the total amount of carbon that can be emitted nationally; companies then buy or sell permits to emit CO2. The cap gets cranked down over time to reduce total carbon emissions.

To get support for his bill, Mr. Waxman was forced to water down the cap in early years to please rural Democrats, and then severely ratchet it up in later years to please liberal Democrats. The CBO's analysis looks solely at the year 2020, before most of the tough restrictions kick in. As the cap is tightened and companies are stripped of initial opportunities to "offset" their emissions, the price of permits will skyrocket beyond the CBO estimate of $28 per ton of carbon. The corporate costs of buying these expensive permits will be passed to consumers.

The biggest doozy in the CBO analysis was its extraordinary decision to look only at the day-to-day costs of operating a trading program, rather than the wider consequences energy restriction would have on the economy. The CBO acknowledges this in a footnote: "The resource cost does not indicate the potential decrease in gross domestic product (GDP) that could result from the cap."

The hit to GDP is the real threat in this bill. The whole point of cap and trade is to hike the price of electricity and gas so that Americans will use less. These higher prices will show up not just in electricity bills or at the gas station but in every manufactured good, from food to cars. Consumers will cut back on spending, which in turn will cut back on production, which results in fewer jobs created or higher unemployment. Some companies will instead move their operations overseas, with the same result.

When the Heritage Foundation did its analysis of Waxman-Markey, it broadly compared the economy with and without the carbon tax. Under this more comprehensive scenario, it found Waxman-Markey would cost the economy $161 billion in 2020, which is $1,870 for a family of four. As the bill's restrictions kick in, that number rises to $6,800 for a family of four by 2035.

Note also that the CBO analysis is an average for the country as a whole. It doesn't take into account the fact that certain regions and populations will be more severely hit than others -- manufacturing states more than service states; coal producing states more than states that rely on hydro or natural gas. Low-income Americans, who devote more of their disposable income to energy, have more to lose than high-income families.

Even as Democrats have promised that this cap-and-trade legislation won't pinch wallets, behind the scenes they've acknowledged the energy price tsunami that is coming. During the brief few days in which the bill was debated in the House Energy Committee, Republicans offered three amendments: one to suspend the program if gas hit $5 a gallon; one to suspend the program if electricity prices rose 10% over 2009; and one to suspend the program if unemployment rates hit 15%. Democrats defeated all of them.

The reality is that cost estimates for climate legislation are as unreliable as the models predicting climate change. What comes out of the computer is a function of what politicians type in. A better indicator might be what other countries are already experiencing. Britain's Taxpayer Alliance estimates the average family there is paying nearly $1,300 a year in green taxes for carbon-cutting programs in effect only a few years.

Americans should know that those Members who vote for this climate bill are voting for what is likely to be the biggest tax in American history. Even Democrats can't repeal that reality.

I have to go see that movie, when I get all the work @@ done.

Meanwhile, I've been working hard, all over the farm, orchard, woods (killing poison ivy etc), garden, yard...

Wonderful cute Wife went to Niagra Falls with her Dad and his friend from Texas...

and I went across/down the road to cut up a big ole tree the old farmer and I cut down the other day...

and, I was wasted, exhausted, it was 92.8 degrees, I hadn't quit since 7:45 am, and it was 3:00....

and, there was this 3" branch I was cutting off, and it had a lot of pressure from the bend from the weight of the tree,

and it snapped well before I thought it would. and hit the chainsaw. Drove the chainsaw into my fingers, and the chain into my

lower forearm. Yes, the chain was moving.

Still, I was pretty lucky. Everything really important is just fine.

Well, that really sucks. I was careless, working all day, alone, by myself, with sweat in my eyes...

I most always wear a long sleeve shirt and gloves, but noooo, it was too hot.

The upside is, our family doctor took me in on a slow day and fixed me up, not without them teasing me.

But, on a followup this morning, it looks good.

I'll be explaining this to my Wifie when she gets back, and she gives me the "what for" worse than our friend did, who stopped by

to check on me bout the time I got back home after getting hurt.

Stupid somebeech tree. At least I didn't have to pay a "you are using a chain saw and causing glboal warming" Obamaschmutz tax.

wow sounds bad....especially when written by some right-winged hack from FAUX....

how about adding a link.....ya know, so we can check sources.....or something you dont want us to know?

this fear propoganda is gettin a bit old. hasn't the GOP anymore tricks up its sleeve than that?

and not a word about the union exemption for taxed healthcare? y'all need to start reading real news.

That's childish, Choco.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124588837560750781.html

Wall Street Journal. Editorial.

You probably could have looked the article up yourself.

You can just type in "The Cap and Tax Fiction" and it would come up.

It's called "Google".

Union exemption? How does that help all those who don't work in unions?

Another building power base by the Obama admin.

Gotta make union voter loyalty to Dems profitable !

And, it isn't fear mongering, whatever.

It's just telling you the truth. You screwed up when you voted for the most

unqualified to be president president in our country's history.

http://www.theminorityreportblog.com/story...se_climate_bill

Obama-Pelosi National Energy Tax Under Fire: Majority of African-Americans Oppose Climate Bill

By Steve Foley - Posted on June 24th, 2009

Tagged: Op-Ed • TMR-TV

As the Democrat Controlled House sets to bring the Obama-Pelosi National Energy Tax bill to the floor this Friday June 26th 2009 there’s growing concern over the bill with studies, groups, and individuals (yes even some Democrats) denouncing it as “ineffective” and “bad for Americans”

Here’s a round-up of the opposition:

First, in a survey released today by The National Center for Public Policy Research, a survey of African Americans shows an overwhelming majority of African Americans are opposed to the Waxman-Markey energy bill based on the potential impact on the economy and minority households.

Key findings:

76 percent of African American adults believe that securing America’s economic recovery should be the top priority, even if it means delaying action in climate change.

56 percent of African American adults think our federal and state policy makers fail to adequately take into account economic and quality of life concerns when considering new anti-global warming laws.

Only 15 percent of survey respondents said they would be willing to pay up to one dollar more for gasoline due to greenhouse gas legislation. The numbers dropped to 5, 3, and 4 percent if gas prices increased by up to two, three or four dollars a gallon.

Once aging these findings show the extreme difference between the President’s personal approval ratings and the ratings for his policies and policy positions.

Second Lori Montgomery at The Washington Times Capitol Briefing is reporting that Climate Change Bill Could Hurt Social Security

In a letter to the leaders of the House Ways and Means Committee, Stephen C. Goss, the chief actuary of the Social Security Administration, estimates that the House plan to dramatically reduce greenhouse gas emissions by forcing polluters to purchase allowances to emit carbon would increase inflation and reduce total economic output, starting in 2012.

“In the simplest terms, we conclude … that constraints on the market to yield the reductions in emissions required by the bill will change the business practices of energy producers in ways that will make energy production more costly, and that this will result in higher prices in general and a slightly reduced level of output from domestic industry,” Goss wrote. These “costs thus represent the price of reducing carbon emissions by over 90 percent from the level that might otherwise have occurred by 2050.”

Those effects are highly uncertain, Goss wrote. But they are likely to reduce tax revenue and increase inflation by as much as 3 percent by 2050, forcing the government to pay out more money faster to the millions of retirees and other Americans who receive Social Security payments, costing the fund nearly $17 billion over the next decade.

Third The House Republican Leader is warning that this bill is a “Win for Liberal Special Interests, a Loss for Workers, Small Business, and Rural America”

Top 10 Facts on why This is a “Bad Deal” for America

1. Speaker Pelosi’s National Energy Tax Will Impose a National Energy Tax on Every Single American. If you drive a car, buy food or a product manufactured in America, or have the audacity to flip on a light switch, you’ll pay more under Speaker Pelosi’s national energy tax. Here’s what Rep. John Dingell (D-MI) had to say about the tax: “Nobody in this country realizes that cap and trade is a tax. And it’s a great big one.” And of course, President Obama agrees, saying that electricity rates will “skyrocket” under this scheme.

2. Speaker Pelosi’s National Energy Tax Will Cost American Jobs, Shipping Them Overseas to China & India. According to a study by the National Black Chamber of Commerce, Speaker Pelosi’s national energy tax will cost 2.3 to 2.7 million jobs each year, even after the creation of new “green” jobs. It will impose tough new requirements and increased costs on American manufacturers – higher costs that they won’t face overseas, in places like China, India, or Mexico. This will cost American jobs in two ways: either domestic manufacturers will move overseas directly, or American companies in energy-intensive industries will be driven out of business by overseas rivals that undercut their prices. These job losses, and their ripple effects throughout our economy, were excluded from an incomplete analysis recently completed by the Congressional Budget Office. The Brookings Institute recently released a report that confirmed a national energy tax would reduce economic growth, increase costs, and kill jobs.

3. Speaker Pelosi’s National Energy Tax Will Cause Electricity Bills to “Skyrocket.” Speaker Pelosi’s national energy tax will increase electricity bills for every American and small business. President Obama even admitted that it would cause electricity rates to “necessarily skyrocket.” And Duke Energy, a major utility company that would receive free allowances under the Democrats’ plan, has already requested a rate hike of 13.5 percent in anticipation of the energy tax.

4. Speaker Pelosi’s National Energy Tax Will Hurt Family Farmers & Rural America. Rural Americans would be disproportionately impacted by this burdensome, jobs-killing tax. They travel 25 percent farther than urban residents to go to work and run errands. They spend 58 percent more on fuel than urban residents as a percentage of their income. And electricity is far more costly to deliver to rural households than to urban homes across America. The end result: if Speaker Pelosi’s national energy tax becomes law, family farmers and rural small businesses will pay much, much more. That’s why an increasing number of rural organizations are opposing this harmful policy.

5. Speaker Pelosi’s National Energy Tax Will Not Improve the Environment. Even supporters of the national energy tax concede that unilateral American action will do nothing to improve Earth’s environment unless global competitors like China and India curb their emissions, too. The response from overseas? Don’t hold your breath. According to the Washington Post, “But, after their talk this week, a Chinese foreign ministry spokesman said China would not agree to reduce its emissions… Spokesman Qin Gang said…“t is natural for China to have some increase in its emissions, so it is not possible for China in that context to accept a binding or compulsory target.’” And according to Xinhua News, Shyam Saran, India’s principal negotiator on climate change, discussed India’s reluctance to capping its greenhouse gas emissions, saying, “[W]e don’t want to announce targets which we have no intention of achieving.”

6. Speaker Pelosi’s National Energy Tax Will Cause Gasoline and Diesel Prices to Spike Further. Gasoline prices have spiked in recent weeks, yet Speaker Pelosi’s national energy tax will make gasoline and diesel even more expensive for families and small businesses. The Heritage Foundation estimates that it will raise inflation-adjusted gasoline prices by 58 percent. Not only is that troubling to middle-class families trying to make ends meet, but small businesses – such as America’s truck drivers who are responsible for transporting food and other products across the country – are especially vulnerable during an economic recession. In fact, Tommy Hodges, First Vice Chairman of the American Trucking Association, recently warned that Speaker Pelosi’s national energy tax on America’s truck drivers will leave America’s truck drivers, exposed to dramatic and sudden fuel price spikes.

7. Speaker Pelosi’s National Energy Tax Will Be A Bureaucratic Nightmare. Speaker Pelosi’s national energy tax is a bureaucratic nightmare that would create a slew of new government programs overseen by a long and confusing web of government agencies. At the center of this web is the Environmental Protection Agency along with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, the Commodities Future Trading Commission, the Department of Energy, the Department of Agriculture, the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration, the Department of Labor, the Internal Revenue Service, the Department of Health and Human Services, the Army Corps of Engineers, the Department of Treasury, the Department of State, the Forest Service, the Fish & Wildlife Service, the National Park Service, the Bureau of Indian Affairs, the U.S. Geological Society, the Bureau of Reclamation, and the Bureau of Land Management – all with a hand in taking and redistributing trillions of dollars from family budgets and workers payrolls.

8. Speaker Pelosi’s National Energy Tax Will Send Billions of US Taxpayer Dollars Overseas. In addition to sending American jobs overseas, under Speaker Pelosi’s national energy tax, between 2012 and 2019, the United States will send $302 billion in taxpayers’ money directly to foreign countries for international offsets, international tropical deforestation, international adaptation, and international technology transfer. American taxpayers are tired of the bailouts. Why do Washington Democrats want to force them to bankroll another global bailout too?

9. Speaker Pelosi’s National Energy Tax Will Raise Food Prices. Speaker Pelosi’s national energy tax will drive up costs for gasoline and energy used by farmers and businesses across the country. One of the most troubling results? The cost to produce and transport food will be driven higher than ever. The Heritage Foundation says “The cost of producing everything from wheat to beef will increase. Indeed, the price deflator for private farm inventories goes up over 20 points by 2035. This increase gets quickly translated into much higher food prices for consumers at the grocery stores.” During a severe recession and further job losses, is this really the news small businesses and middle-class families want to hear?

10. Speaker Pelosi’s National Energy Tax Will Set the Stage for Another Market Meltdown. Mother Jones recently warned that if Speaker Pelosi’s national energy tax “is signed into law, it will generate, almost as an afterthought, a new market for carbon derivatives. That market will be vast, complicated, and dauntingly difficult to monitor. And if Washington doesn’t get the rules right, it will be vulnerable to speculation and manipulation by the very same players who brought us the financial meltdown.” Taxpayers have paid dearly as a result of the financial crisis. Are Democrats setting them up to pay once again?

Well the piece of crap just passed with a new amendment attached that everyone will have to build new houses under california codes. Where are states rights?

219 - 212, 8 republicans crossed over and voted for it while more than 34 dems voted against it!

Republicans were overwhelmingly against the measure, arguing it would destroy jobs in the midst of a recession while burdening consumers with a new tax in the form of higher energy costs.

This bill smells like fish, how does pelosi think this piece of crap bill is going to add jobs jobs jobs! as she promised before the final vote

Overnight, House Democrats tacked onto the bill a 300-page amendment. So when Boehner took his time to speak against the package at the end of the debate, the Ohio Republican then decided to peel through major portions of the bill and read them aloud before his House colleagues

http://congress.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/06/...use-filibuster/

America is going to be a bad situation because of this liberal garbage.

It was so bad, that 40 DEMS voted AGAINST IT,

and 8 "stupidass REPUBLICANS" voted for it.

AT least none of them were from Ohio....

The 8 Republicans Who Gave America the Finger

3764320.jpg

The eight who voted for cap and trade are: Bono Mack (CA) 202-225-5330Castle (DE) 202-225-4165Kirk (IL) 202-225-4835Lance (NJ) 202-225-5361Lobiondo (NJ) 202-225-6572McHugh (NY) 202-225-4611Reichart (WA) 202-225-7761Chris Smith (NJ) 202-225-3765

<H1 class="vcard author">Tax Day Tea Party</H1>Online HQ for the April 15th Nationwide Tax Day Tea Party Rallies… <H3 class=entry-title>We’ve been betrayed (Energy Tax Bill Passed)</H3><H4 class="vcard author">by Eric Odom</H4>Join us for a special tele-townhall meeting

Congress, with the passing of “Cap & Trade”, has openly declared war against the will and needs of the American people. I mean, who in their right mind believes we should be DOUBLING our electricity and gas bills in this economy?

Apparently our “representatives” do.

It’s as if our “representatives” are actually being malicious towards our country. Why else would they vote and pass legislation that can and will directly cast significant long term damage on our economy?

We at the American Liberty Alliance are ready, willing and able to confront this beast. But we understand it’s going to require a strong, unified effort that reaches across a diverse range of free-market American activists.

We want to invite you to a special hour long tele-townhall scheduled for Wednesday, July 1st, at 8:00 PM Eastern Time. To receive the credentials for the special call, you’ll need to register as a member of the American Liberty Alliance.

You can register here.

http://americanlibertyalliance.com/special.html

The liberty movement is under attack from all directions. We do not need to be scattered. We do not need to be working against each other. Instead, we need to collaborate on a scale never before seen.

The time is now. Join us and let’s get to work.

http://americanlibertyalliance.com/special.html

Fighting beside you,

-Eric Odom

TaxDayTeaParty.com & American Liberty Alliance

Published: June 26, 2009Filed Under: Daily Tea

With over 9 Million people out of work, the "We feel your Pain Democrats" want to double your cost of living, and for those who are unemployed and need to sell there homes, well they better make sure they are up to Californis code before doing so, or they will have to Pay to get there before they can sell their home.

What we have here is another case for the Limousine Liberal hypocrites who woo all those lazy Americans with words of we are going to Tax the Hell out of the Rich People and give you a cut!

Well take another look around, They are going to tax Everybody no matter how much they earn!

Obama Admits Cap & Trade Will Cause Electricity Rates to Skyrocket

IOW,

"We're liberals, and hahahahaha, we're going to tax the ship out of all of you to buy votes from the poor forever,

but we'll SAY it's to get new technology developed, which could take decades, ahahahahahahhahaha you people are stupid

to fall for this ahahahahahahahahahaah"

dammit.

How can anybody who voted for OBama justify this?

Boehner: Climate bill a 'pile of s--t' By Molly K. Hooper Posted: 06/27/09 09:22 PM [ET] Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) had a few choice words about House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-Calif.) landmark climate change bill after its passage Friday.

When asked why he read portions of the cap-and-trade bill on the floor Friday night, Boehner told The Hill, "Hey, people deserve to know what's in this pile of s--t."

Using his privilege as leader to speak for an unlimited time on the House floor, Boehner spent an hour reading from the 1200-plus page bill that was amended 20 hours before the lower chamber voted 219-212 to approve it.

Eight Republicans voted with Democrats to pass the bill; 44 House Democrats voted against it.

Pelosi's office declined to comment on Boehner's jab. But one Democratic aide quipped, "What do you expect from a guy who thinks global warming is caused by cow manure?"

Even though Sen. Majorty Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) holds the bill's fate in his hands, House Republicans intend to hammer Speaker Pelosi's signature climate-change measure over recess.

And GOP Conference Chairman Rep. Mike Pence (Ind.) said "we have only just begun to fight" as he left the Capitol Friday night.

Pence encouraged GOP rank-and-file lawmakers to hold energy summits in their districts over the Independence Day recess. In the recess packets sent home with members, he even included directions on how to organize energy summits.

The goal of holding an energy forum is to "educate your constituents about the Democrats' national energy tax legislation and let them know what 'all of the above' solution you support."

"All of the above" solution is a reference to the Republicans' plan that would increase the use of and exploration for domestic energy supplies.

Further, officials with the House GOP's campaign arm, the National Republican Congressional Committee, confirm that they will run with paid media over recess in districts of conservative Dems who voted for the bill. The official would not reveal details on the ad buys at this time.

One Democrat was upset that his leaders would needlessly force vulnerable Dems to vote for a bill that will come back to haunt them. Mississippi Rep. Gene Taylor (D) voted against the measure that he says will die in the Senate.

"A lot of people walked the plank on a bill that will never become law," Taylor told The Hill after the gavel came down.

We can only hope that this thing will die in the senate, then we can post Waxman videos crying over green grass and someone chopping down a cherry tree. :lol:

Waxman–Markey Bill: Dumb and Dumber

Waxman–Markey Global Warming Tax: The cap-and-trade tax proposed by Reps. Henry Waxman (D–CA) and Edward Markey (D–MA) is disguised as environmental legislation when it would have little impact on global temperatures. In fact, it is a massive energy tax that promises soaring household energy bills, major job losses, income cuts, and a sharp left turn toward big government.

And It Keeps Getting Worse: The original draft of Waxman–Markey was so bad for the economy that moderate Democrats demanded it be changed. The new version, believe it or not, is much worse. Real GDP losses increase to $9.4 trillion.

And Why Is It Getting Worse? Attempts to reduce costs to consumers in the current bill do ease some near-term economic pains, but because “pollution permits” are handed out as subsidies, debt is driven up, interest rates increase, and businesses significantly reduce the investments that drive the overall economy, resulting in a more costly bill.

Green Jobs Are a Myth; Real Job Losses Are Not: For every “green job” created, others are wiped out. Average unemployment increases to 1,145,000 lost jobs in the current version.

Your Family Will Pay: Waxman–Markey will raise electricity rates 90% after adjusting for inflation, gas prices 58%, natural gas prices 55%, and an average family’s annual energy bill by $1,241.

And What Do We Get After We Tax the Weather?

The Ultimate Outsourcing: India and China have repeatedly said they would not match U.S. environmental goals in order to protect their economies. Cap and trade will merely move manufacturing jobs to China and India.

Environmental Status Quo: All of the outrageous costs associated with this bill may at best result in 0.2 degree drop in temperature by the end of the century, and most likely even less.

Massive Corruption: The New York Times reports that cap and trade “is almost perfectly designed for the buying and selling of political support through the granting of valuable emissions permits to favor specific industries and even specific congressional districts” (May 20, 2009).

An Alternative That Supports American Taxpayers: Instead of appeasing a radical environmental agenda, President Obama should give us access to all energy sources, including domestic oil production, nuclear energy, coal, and new renewable fuels. Instead of new taxes, the President should aim to lower gas and electricity prices. When government impediments are lifted, America’s energy entrepreneurs can develop innovative and market-driven solutions to our energy needs.

A Rat

waxmanImage2.jpg

Archived