THE BROWNS BOARD

Thanks For Welcoming Bake

Chris Jester

On 2/26/2019 at 12:48 PM, Zombo said:

We dont need you guys coming in here acting like he belongs to you or something or trying to start some homo fan club.

Take your Surface highway back to the poor underdog Sooners Board, we've got men discussing football here.

Z

Why go full jerk on OU fans since we both look for the best for the Browns..? Give us back Baker then since you're ''too manly'' for us mere Oklahomans,  you weird stay pat fellow? No wonder.. you're just an odd. You had a better win record since when before you claimed Mayfield..? You obviously were riding on your on high horse, if I get you properly..odd post/yours.  ''Men discussing football''..rich. Ever once hear of humility? Stop with your superiority complex, or give up your Baker support seeing that he relishes OU from his earliest football love. Now be ''manly''. I take it that most Browns fans aren't so confused as you about your past NFL status before you drafted an OU QB Heisman Winner?  I didn't think that, but you ''brought that'' somehow. You go play Browns QB better than an OU Product is. Just an odd response to positiveness and support directed for your franchise..odd, again.

12 minutes ago, Chris Jester said:

Why go full jerk? Give us back Baker then, you weird fellow? No wonder, you're just odd.

You have to remember,  we Browns fans went through the Johnny Manziel experience with the fanboys thinking that he still belonged to them somehow....so that is why there is an anathema here to fanboys clinging on to him like a jilted lover.

The guy has graduated and is now in the NFL.   He is now past you.

Deal with that.

6 minutes ago, Chris Jester said:

Why go full jerk? Give us back Baker then, you weird fellow? No wonder, you're just odd.

Give him back? He just went to college there. Dont make it weird. 

Z

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You have to remember,  we Browns fans went through the Johnny Manziel experience with the fanboys thinking that he still belonged to them somehow....so that is why there is an anathema here to fanboys clinging on to him like a jilted lover.

Deal with that.

Goofy stuff. I didn't know. If this is what you have become I can't help but wait for you to lose him soon. What a bunch of comedians posting to positive wishes for you. Wow. Great vibe boys.. 

31 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Give him back? He just went to college there. Dont make it weird. 

Z

You made the weird all on your own. Now I am beginning to see why you were in such of a big mess to begin with. Don't buy #6 Jerseys? Oh wait..odd fans posting here? Or is something missing on your part in the conversation? Turn in your recent wins since Baker isn't what you wanted. For sure some weird responses. Antagonistic on your own parts. How were your long seasons without any wins? Fruity responses all. Want to go back there I guess? Missing Manzel that much then? Just crazy?

On 2/26/2019 at 1:02 PM, hoorta said:

Yeah, and Baker's from Texas, not Oklahoma y'all. :)

Yes his family is from Austin..and are life long Sooners, just as Baker always was in even Austin's grade schools. Where have you been in knowing about Baker's favorite life long CFB Team? Why do you have a problem with him? Ask him personally. Just odd, frankly.

On 2/26/2019 at 3:19 PM, bjh2130 said:

What cracks me up even more is he didn't post this when we drafted him saying oh thanks for being so kind and welcoming Baker. He waited until after he had a record-setting season to say this. I was thinking as I read it if (thank God he didn't) Baker had a similar rookie season to Brandon Weeden would he have come on here Thanking us for welcoming Baker?

Be as misguided as you want to be. I cheered when you took him number one. How much else ''don't you know'', I must wonder? Okay, okay. only Browns fans ''know'' about Baker now.. Sheesh. You guys take the whole myopic cake. Mayfield ''came out of nowhere'' but won the Heisman at Oklahoma without the Browns ''say so''. I am starting to get your vibes now I ''guess''. Sorry to wish you the best..? So odd how you  can make even good things out to be such an insult. Truly odd.

6 minutes ago, Chris Jester said:

Yes his family is from Austin..and are life long Sooners, just as Baker always was in even Austin's grade schools. Where have you been in knowing about Baker's favorite life long CFB Team? Why do you have a problem with him? Ask him personally. Just odd, frankly.

Well I can't comment about a Texas guy liking Oklahoma, but up north the majority of us guys have no love for an Ohio recruit who picks Michigan over Ohio State. And Baker wasn't heavily recruited out of High School. So yeah, I do know quite a bit about his history.

And I've never had a problem with him, unlike some other posters here who didn't like some of his college antics. My pre draft preferences were Mayfield and Darnold, and it looks like Dorsey guessd right.

On 2/26/2019 at 9:25 PM, gumby73 said:

no okie fan club here...welcome to the Land   

I had no idea nor intention to say anything other than that we are both happy for both the Browns and Baker as an OU fan, personally. I happened to have grown up in Oklahoma. If I had grown up in in Cleveland I would be just as happy to watch Baker there. Just, sheesh.. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Deal with that.

Yes, but a bunch of them didn't post a whole lot IIRC.

I don't think that anyone should tell someone else who they can like and why? I don't think that is what is being said here, but it hints at the sentiment of "you cant be a real fan since you came because of Baker."

A lot of fans become fans because of an emergence of a college player or more commonly because of who their parents liked. And in fact, I don't know if this guy ever said he was a fan of anyone before Baker.

But to say that to the guy on his first post was extremely rude, and I I know you weren't the one.

But I don't know about you guys, I like to see the guys from Ohio State do well in the NFL. 

8 minutes ago, Chris Jester said:

Be as misguided as you want to be. I cheered when you took him number one. How much else ''don't you know'', I must wonder? Okay, okay. only Browns fans ''know'' about Baker now.. Sheesh. You guys take the whole myopic cake. Mayfield ''came out of nowhere'' but won the Heisman at Oklahoma without the Browns ''say so''. I am starting to get your vibes now I ''guess''. Sorry to wish you the best..? So odd how you  can make even good things out to be such an insult. Truly odd.

What some of the posters can't let go of is we had an invasion of A&M fans when we (mistakenly) drafted Johnny Football. You can wade through the 500+ pages of the merged thread if you like.

There were at least four other quarterbacks beside Baker we were discussing, and none of us were Sooner fans per se. Yes I watched some of his college games and highlights. None of us have the time to look up the college and high school history of say- Mason Rudolph, we're not paid football scouts.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Deal with that.

Do I have one problem about that in the least? I assure I am not immature. Baker advanced to the next level before he was expected to.. just as OU fans hoped he would. As you witnessed for yourselves, he is 'no Johnny' in the least. Get past that lame dude. I thought you already had. Have you? Wow, apples to an orange if ever there was. You should know that at least by now. Baker is serious about football and not some wet nosed rich spoiled prima donna boy pretender. Good gravy.. do you believe all negative sensational press only at face value? Baker owned his all miss steps and is remorsefully humble concerning what,  all 2? He ran from what appeared to be a hostile police stop and was then he was targeted by Kansas players who made numerous dirty hits to his injured throwing shoulder. Look into it for yourself. Watch the available videos..

34 minutes ago, Chris Jester said:

If I had grown up in in Cleveland I would be just as happy to watch Baker there. Just, sheesh.. 

you could have grown up in Tupelo,Texas & it would not of mattered here in Cleveland...1) look at our draft history. 2)Who else had Baker going #1 in a 4 solid QB draft class?..Baker had the guts for Cleveland, walked on at Texas Tech too..Dorsey had the guts & skills to know what a QB talent looks like in the NFL future..Sooner* I had no arguments, but on here, with Bakers batted down balls after Senior Bowl..Where ya been? 

Just amplifing what Gunz posted, there's plenty of Ohio State fans here, and want to see those guys do well in the NFL- except when they play us. Currently Bosa and Haskins. There's been much wailing that until the Browns drafted Denzel Ward, Cleveland had been ignoring the talent OSU was routienly shipping to the pros.

And I'll bet you didn't know Antonio Gates went to Kent State, 30 miles away right under the Browns collective noses. Just one of many oversights that have kept the Browns in the dumpster for 20 years. Until Baker showed up. :)

38 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

you could have grown up in Tupelo,Texas & it would not of mattered here in Cleveland...1) look at our draft history. 2)Who else had Baker going #1 in a 4 solid QB draft class?..Baker had the guts for Cleveland..Dorsey had the guts & skills to know what a QB talent looks like in the NFL future..Sooner* I had no arguments, but on here, with Bakers batted down balls after Senior Bowl..Where ya been? 

I just don't see the argument. If you still don't like Baker Mayfield, just say so? None of this has to do with what I originally posted: hoping the best for your Browns. I never claimed that I was from Cleveland. Whether I like it..or not..I am naturally removed from the Cleveland area by distance and previous tv coverage. Blame that all on me then. I just like seeing you guys get back..even if that never had a thing to do with my favorite CFB QB ever. We are fine watching Heisman Winning QB'S  play here and beyond. We are duly ''proud'' of their success and thankful for where they are welcome to perform at their very best. I was hoping Cleveland thought likewise. Sorry for the sentiments, then..? Do you guys follow Oklahoma Football equally then? Of course you shouldn't due to different regions. No offense taken by me because you don't.. You too are also removed by distance, which isn't your fault either? Wow.. 

I just came here because I like penis. Look for me on Grindr next time I roll through Cleveland on the great surface highway.

• Zombo locked this topic

Archived