THE BROWNS BOARD

Border at ‘Breaking Point’ as More than 76,000 Migrants Cross in a Month

Vambo

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/05/us/border-crossing-increase.html

The number of migrant families crossing the southwest border has once again broken records, with apprehensions nearly double what they were a year ago, suggesting that the Trump administration’s aggressive policies have not discouraged new migration to the United States.

More than 76,000 migrants crossed the border without authorization in February, an 11-year high and a strong sign that stepped-up prosecutions, new controls on asylum and harsher detention policies have not reversed what remains a powerful lure for thousands of families fleeing violence and poverty.

“The system is well beyond capacity, and remains at the breaking point,” Kevin K. McAleenan, commissioner of Customs and Border Protection, told reporters in announcing the new data on Tuesday.

The nation’s top border enforcement officer painted a picture of processing centers filled to capacity, border agents struggling to meet medical needs and thousands of exhausted members of migrant families crammed into a detention system that was not built to house them — all while newcomers continue to arrive, sometimes by the busload, at the rate of 2,200 a day.

“This is clearly both a border security and a humanitarian crisis,” Mr. McAleenan said.

liberals always want to quote some crap about issues, but when the EXPERTS

give EXPERT OPINIONS, they ignore it.

not much of an idea why.

The border agents are EXPERTS and they say it's a desperate crisis. which it IS.

Nearly 200 immigrants in Texas detention facilities have mumps

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/nearly-200-immigrants-in-texas-detention-facilities-have-mumps?fbclid=IwAR0lRd0g1-WgqOfmsRkd1U0EY5zK4X8uD6BR0kD1rXQEq07q6Bfe4c-xMAc

Nearly 200 immigrants are suffering from mumps at detention facilities across Texas, according to a state health agency.

The Texas Department of State Health Services says 178 detainees had confirmed cases of mumps as of Feb. 21. Another five cases were reported among detention facility employees. Texas detention centers account for 76 percent of mumps cases at such facilities nationwide, according to federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data.

Lara Anton, a spokeswoman for the Department of State Health Services, said in an email that patients range in age from 13 to 66, and that “there has been no reported transmission to the community.”

She added that the state doesn’t know the vaccination status of detained migrant adults or the children who entered the U.S. with them — but that “all unaccompanied minors are vaccinated when they are detained.”

9 hours ago, Vambo said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/05/us/border-crossing-increase.html

The number of migrant families crossing the southwest border has once again broken records, with apprehensions nearly double what they were a year ago, suggesting that the Trump administration’s aggressive policies have not discouraged new migration to the United States.

More than 76,000 migrants crossed the border without authorization in February, an 11-year high and a strong sign that stepped-up prosecutions, new controls on asylum and harsher detention policies have not reversed what remains a powerful lure for thousands of families fleeing violence and poverty.

“The system is well beyond capacity, and remains at the breaking point,” Kevin K. McAleenan, commissioner of Customs and Border Protection, told reporters in announcing the new data on Tuesday.

The nation’s top border enforcement officer painted a picture of processing centers filled to capacity, border agents struggling to meet medical needs and thousands of exhausted members of migrant families crammed into a detention system that was not built to house them — all while newcomers continue to arrive, sometimes by the busload, at the rate of 2,200 a day.

“This is clearly both a border security and a humanitarian crisis,” Mr. McAleenan said.

How convenient.

I brought this up a good while back - the obamao commies transported illegals all around the country - and so many

never were vaccinated against diseases that we practically eliiminated from our country.

The big question is WHY? Why knowingly give a free open door to free stuff - to so many thousands, which most certainly DO INCLUDE a lot of ms-13 and other gang members, drug cartel lowlives, very sick people, mentally ill and/or violently criminal, uneducated as to not even speak English, have no idea about our Constiution, Bill of Rights, our history - so many that if you were to give them all a free life - medicare/housing/education/car/food/all bills paid....

for freaking all hell, WHY?

1. Furture democratic voters. ?

2. Bringing about economic crash - Cloward-Piven.

3. Maybe....causing a societal breakdown to the point they can declare martial law and ignore our Constitution and Bill of Rights?

say, then they could take our guns, our votes, no more elections that they can't depend on winning,

4. Can't think of #4 yet. crap. lol

15 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I brought this up a good while back - the obamao commies transported illegals all around the country - and so many

never were vaccinated against diseases that we practically eliiminated from our country.

The big question is WHY? Why knowingly give a free open door to free stuff - to so many thousands, which most certainly DO INCLUDE a lot of ms-13 and other gang members, drug cartel lowlives, very sick people, mentally ill and/or violently criminal, uneducated as to not even speak English, have no idea about our Constiution, Bill of Rights, our history - so many that if you were to give them all a free life - medicare/housing/education/car/food/all bills paid....

for freaking all hell, WHY?

1. Furture democratic voters. ?

2. Bringing about economic crash - Cloward-Piven.

3. Maybe....causing a societal breakdown to the point they can declare martial law and ignore our Constitution and Bill of Rights?

say, then they could take our guns, our votes, no more elections that they can't depend on winning,

4. Can't think of #4 yet. crap. lol

The smart money goes on #1. Right now polling shows that millions of potential new formerly illegal voters will vote democrat and swing all presidential elections going forward to the democrats. Independents decide our elections but once those millions are registered voters there will not be enough independents to sway the election. What is going on in California today will be the future for the rest of the country.

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

For the illegals?...I agree.

When Cadet Bone Spurs shut down the government for no reason, they didn't processing asylum requests or any other immigration processing. Now the housing is over loaded and the courts are even more backed up. So the Cadet is the person to blame for this stupidity and your wall would have no effect on this problem. But I have learn Fox Viewers are too stupid to understand anymore then bumper stickers and memes, so I just wasting my time.

The main problem is not one of uncontrolled masses scaling the fences, but a humanitarian challenge created as thousands of migrant families surge into remote areas where the administration has so far failed to devote sufficient resources to care for them, as is required under the law.

The difference is that the nature of immigration has changed, and the demographics of those arriving now are proving more taxing for border officials to accommodate. Most of those entering the country in earlier years were single men, most of them from Mexico, coming to look for work. If they were arrested, they could quickly be deported.

Now, the majority of border crossers are not single men but families — fathers from Honduras with adolescent boys they are pulling away from gang violence, mothers with toddlers from Guatemala whose farms have been lost to drought. Most of these migrants may not have a good case to remain in the United States permanently, but because of legal constraints, it is not so easy to speedily deport them if they arrive with children and claim protection under the asylum laws.

MS-13 is famous for bestial and brutish acts. They are 'animals.'

May 17, 2018 - He told the truth about immigrant gang MS-13. ... Trump said he would continue to use the term to refer to violent gang members in spite of a sharp rebuke from Democratic leaders. ... machete killings, is first to be declared an international criminal group. ... Trump wasn't calling all illegal immigrants animals.

Members of the violent MS-13 street gang charged with conspiring to ...

Dec 12, 2018 - U.S. Department of Homeland Security Immigration and Customs Enforcement .... to be overrun with illegal drugs, guns, and associated gang violence. ... Gang violence, intimidation and out-right ruthless brutality will not be ... Police also allegedly found cocaine and marijuana at the 118th Street location.

Oh shit there an emergency on the North Border as well. So the 25 billion wall would be defeated by a $500 plane ticket and $7 travel authorization fee.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/illegal-border-crossings-canada-quietly-rising-data-shows-n981131

He said some immigrants looking to get into the U.S. illegally could pay a few hundred dollars for a flight to Canada, pay a small electronic travel authorization fee and make their way into the United States.

Some smuggling agencies were "exploiting the fact that there's an easier way to make it legally into Canada and then that provides some clientele to then be smuggled into the U.S.," he said.

typical ccc mz the pussy.

ccc mz the pussy translation:

"der....960 illlegals is the same as "1,000,000,000" illegals, so fook u you geniuses"

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-1-million-illegal-aliens-at-the-border-is-a-crisis-manufactured-or-not

doesn't understand English well, doesn't get numbers.

I don't want you to take me off ignore - you apparently don't get English very well, and your smart tart

ignorant failure to make valid points just wastes space. Trying to reason with you is hopeless.

22 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Oh shit there an emergency on the North Border as well. So the 25 billion wall would be defeated by a $500 plane ticket and $7 travel authorization fee.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/illegal-border-crossings-canada-quietly-rising-data-shows-n981131

He said some immigrants looking to get into the U.S. illegally could pay a few hundred dollars for a flight to Canada, pay a small electronic travel authorization fee and make their way into the United States.

Some smuggling agencies were "exploiting the fact that there's an easier way to make it legally into Canada and then that provides some clientele to then be smuggled into the U.S.," he said.

You sure like illegals don't you?  You think it's good?  You're a fucking tool.

19 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You sure like illegals don't you?  You think it's good?  You're a fucking tool.

I don't care about illegals, it isn't a major problem. It would have been even less of the problem if the GOP would have passed the immigration reforms years ago. I know you hate immigrants. I know a wall isn't going to fix the problem. I know you are too stupid to understand that. 👍 So go back to posting Trump pics from your spank bank.

40 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

I don't care about illegals, it isn't a major problem. It would have been even less of the problem if the GOP would have passed the immigration reforms years ago. I know you hate immigrants. I know a wall isn't going to fix the problem. I know you are too stupid to understand that. 👍 So go back to posting Trump pics from your spank bank.

I don't know what a spank bank is.  Why don't you fill us in REMF?

Archived