THE BROWNS BOARD

Amazon’s Whole Foods slashes hours after instituting living wage

OldBrownsFan

8 hours ago, Dste Ace said:

As Springsteen sang, "These jobs are going boys, and they ain't coming back..."

So that's where Obama got that from...a liberal know-nothing singer.lol

The U.S. has added 454,000 manufacturing jobs since Trump took office in January 2017, some of the biggest gains in twenty years, according to jobs data.

Not where it needs to be but it's a start.

The problem I have is that some of b.c those companies brought some jobs back as a pr attempt, and now either reshipped those jobs out or canceled them. All for some short term pr and an effort to gain some favoritism from trump. When crony capitalism didn't work out for them they said fuck it

13 hours ago, Gorka said:

So that's where Obama got that from...a liberal know-nothing singer.lol

The U.S. has added 454,000 manufacturing jobs since Trump took office in January 2017, some of the biggest gains in twenty years, according to jobs data.

Not where it needs to be but it's a start.

Sigh.

The point of my post wasn't trump/obama libtard bullshit, but the fact that many of the people in Lordstown and the coalfields of WV refuse to retrain or relocate to find these awesome manufacturing jobs.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joelkotkin/2018/05/23/where-u-s-manufacturing-is-thriving-in-2018/#2217597b53b3

The above link clearly demonstrates (I know, it's from Forbes, FAKE NEWS!!) that manufacturing is surging in places such as Oakland/Berkeley and San Diego, CA, Florida, and Michigan. No mention of Lordstown or the coal fields of Ass Fuck, WV. Something like 700 people at the Lordstown plant took GM up on it's offer to relocate to other plants in Michigan. The rest are refusing to retrain or relocate to where the jobs are actually located.

P.S. If you read the Forbes article, one thing that is glaringly obvious is that virtually all of the geographical areas that are showing surges in manufacturing jobs contain an educated workforce.

"Sigh.

The point of my post wasn't trump/obama libtard bullshit, but the fact that many of the people in Lordstown and the coalfields of WV refuse to retrain or relocate to find these awesome manufacturing jobs. -DST"

I think that's kind of a pie in the sky solution. For what jobs would you train hundreds and hundreds of men who have spent their lives building cars, tires, working in Coal Mines or on the loading dock to do? A handful of computer programmers can handle a huge organization.

wSS

16 minutes ago, Dste Ace said:

Sigh.

The point of my post wasn't trump/obama libtard bullshit, but the fact that many of the people in Lordstown and the coalfields of WV refuse to retrain or relocate to find these awesome manufacturing jobs.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joelkotkin/2018/05/23/where-u-s-manufacturing-is-thriving-in-2018/#2217597b53b3

The above link clearly demonstrates (I know, it's from Forbes, FAKE NEWS!!) that manufacturing is surging in places such as Oakland/Berkeley and San Diego, CA, Florida, and Michigan. No mention of Lordstown or the coal fields of Ass Fuck, WV. Something like 700 people at the Lordstown plant took GM up on it's offer to relocate to other plants in Michigan. The rest are refusing to retrain or relocate to where the jobs actually are located.

LOl...you didn't have to sigh.

I was in no way refuting you with that post...I simply made a joke because you mentioned Springsteen, can't stand him...and as a side note I had mentioned that some manu jobs have come back. That's all.

44 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I think that's kind of a pie in the sky solution. For what jobs would you train hundreds and hundreds of men who have spent their lives building cars, tires, working in Coal Mines or on the loading dock to do? A handful of computer programmers can handle a huge organization.

wSS

wSS

I agree 100%. I wasn't offering it as a solution so much as I was simply stating the Catch-22 nature of the shit sandwich that is being served to these people, through no fault of their own.

Unfortunately, there is no easy-fix solution. In WV, coal is in it's death throes. The only coal left is in hard-to-access seams that are difficult and very expensive to remove. So, the mines simply close. Trump promised the miners that the mines would open back up but, as he found out recently in Tennessee, money talks/bullshit walks. And the miners are left with the economic and environmental ruin. They don't have the tools necessary to get themselves out of their situation. They don't know how to do anything else and in many cases are incapable of learning anything else.

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

LOl...you didn't have to sigh.

I was in no way refuting you with that post...I simply made a joke because you mentioned Springsteen, can't stand him...and as a side note I had mentioned that some manu jobs have come back. That's all.

No worries. It's a fact that manufacturing jobs have increased in the last few years. Unfortunately, none of those places are anywhere near Youngstown or the WV coal fields.

"These jobs are goin' boys, and they ain't coming back..."   Like him or not, Bruce hit the nail on the head back in 1985.

16 minutes ago, Dste Ace said:

No worries. It's a fact that manufacturing jobs have increased in the last few years. Unfortunately, none of those places are anywhere near Youngstown or the WV coal fields.

"These jobs are goin' boys, and they ain't coming back..."   Like him or not, Bruce hit the nail on the head back in 1985.

I give Trump credit for trying to bring manufacturing jobs back and he has had some success. For decades we have sat back and allowed  (even encouraged) too many manufacturing jobs to leave this country. We should have been doing more to keep them here. 

Also even though oil and coal are both on the slow boat out of town they are still viable and as with oil one has to assume that more modern technology will make it possible to get that coal out of the hard-to-reach spots, at least for a while. And with new energy approaching quickly we don't need to keep coal and oil alive forever, just until new things are practical.

WSS

Archived