THE BROWNS BOARD

125 Democrats And 1 Republican Vote To Lower Voting Age To 16

Vambo

https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/08/house-democrats-voting-age-16/

A majority of House Democrats on Wednesday voted to lower the federal voting age from 18 to 16.

A number of high-profile Democrats voted in favor of the legislation, including California Reps. Adam Schiff, Eric Swalwell, Maxine Waters and Ted Lieu, Hawaii Rep. and Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard, New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib and Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar.

Democrats Vote To Give Illegal Immigrants The Right To Vote

https://mfamediagroup.com/2019/03/08/democrats-vote-to-give-illegal-immigrants-the-right-to-vote/

House Democrats voted Friday to defend localities that allow illegal immigrants to vote in their elections, turning back a GOP attempt to discourage the practice. As The Washington Times reports, the vote marks a stunning reversal from just six months ago, when the chamber – then under GOP control – voted to decry illegal immigrant voting.

4 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Democrats Vote To Give Illegal Immigrants The Right To Vote

https://mfamediagroup.com/2019/03/08/democrats-vote-to-give-illegal-immigrants-the-right-to-vote/

House Democrats voted Friday to defend localities that allow illegal immigrants to vote in their elections, turning back a GOP attempt to discourage the practice. As The Washington Times reports, the vote marks a stunning reversal from just six months ago, when the chamber – then under GOP control – voted to decry illegal immigrant voting.

The democrats will support anything that helps them get elected and to keep power. That is the bottom line and the ends justify the means.

22 minutes ago, Vambo said:

https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/08/house-democrats-voting-age-16/

A majority of House Democrats on Wednesday voted to lower the federal voting age from 18 to 16.

A number of high-profile Democrats voted in favor of the legislation, including California Reps. Adam Schiff, Eric Swalwell, Maxine Waters and Ted Lieu, Hawaii Rep. and Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard, New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib and Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar.

If anything the voting age should be changed back to 21. But even 21 year olds lack wisdom.

9 minutes ago, Gorka said:

If anything the voting age should be changed back to 21. But even 21 year olds lack wisdom.

Just look at all the mistakes AOC is making !

A proposal by Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., that would have allowed 16-year-olds the chance to cast a ballot in federal elections, was defeated Thursday 305-126.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/03/08/voting-rights-and-congressional-reform-bill-house/3072333002/

What one your right wing nut job news sources is spread fake news? Well of course they are and sheep keep eating it up.

Maybe one of you geniuses can find the part of the law that shows "House Democrats voted Friday to defend localities that allow illegal immigrants to vote in their elections"

You small government advocates understand it is up to the local government who can vote in their elections, not the federal government. The federal govt only controls who can vote in federal elections.

yes, ccc mz the pussy, 125 dems and one republican voted to lower the voting age.

125+1 = 126.

of course it didn't pass, most of the rest are smarter than you.

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

A proposal by Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., that would have allowed 16-year-olds the chance to cast a ballot in federal elections, was defeated Thursday 305-126.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/03/08/voting-rights-and-congressional-reform-bill-house/3072333002/

What one your right wing nut job news sources is spread fake news? Well of course they are and sheep keep eating it up.

Maybe one of you geniuses can find the part of the law that shows "House Democrats voted Friday to defend localities that allow illegal immigrants to vote in their elections"

You small government advocates understand it is up to the local government who can vote in their elections, not the federal government. The federal govt only controls who can vote in federal elections.

Pelosi Calls For Illegal Immigrants To Have The Right To Vote

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/pelosi-calls-illegal-immigrants-right-vote?fbclid=IwAR2vlqAqtzZ-mlZ4ruS7l6dB2iwF6renG0saTT21hEfGhHmhIBESZiHFuf8

“And these newcomers make America more American. And we want them, when they come here, to be fully part of our system,” she said.

“And that means not suppressing the vote of our newcomers to America,” she told reporters as she introduced the bill.

I've said it for LONG time. They wanted the illegals here to be destitute, uneducated, and totally dependent on the gov, and their desperate votesfor the  marxist democratic sombeitch hatemongering party will give them all the power and wealth and control they dream of.

5 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Lol, try again.

This should keep you busy for awhile...prove each one of these phony news stories is really NOT fake news.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/22/worst-fake-news-stories-cnn-nbc-2018/

14 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Voting age should be 40 and above.

Here fishy fishy.  LOL! 🏆🐠

I know damn well you would not deny the right to vote to American Service Men and Women who can serve of their own decision at age 18 (17 with parental consent).🎖️🤩

57 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I know damn well you would not deny the right to vote to American Service Men and Women who can serve of their own decision at age 18 (17 with parental consent).🎖️🤩

Only personnel in the Armed Forces would be granted voting rights.

safe_image.php?d=AQD60femXj8LsDDa&w=476&h=249&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia2.foxnews.com%2FBrightCove%2F694940094001%2F2019%2F03%2F08%2F694940094001_6011680339001_6011683834001-vs.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_hash=AQAdKo06kReuR9LG

3 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Only personnel in the Armed Forces would be granted voting rights.

Well that might settle some of our illegal aliens problem. Did you know that there were a number of Mexicans who crossed the border and joined the US military to fight for us during WW II? I knew one who worked for Mobil Oil in Venezuela who had done that and was granted US citizenship after his heroic service during the war. He worked in the Beaumont refinery and went to Venezuela because of his engineering skills learned on the GI Bill and his thorough knowledge of his native tongue. Tip of the hat to Roberto (Bob) Estros, a really good man, now deceased.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I used to believe that the voting age should be at least 21. Even for military personnel.

Immaturity. An 18 yr. old still needs to be lead. Needs guidance. Needs to be told what to do, where, when, and how in the Military. Mental maturity lags behind physical maturity.

The case for:

An 18yr. already demonstrates a level of maturity by his willingness to serve or die for his country, call it a perk, benefit, whatever, but only 18yr olds serving in the military should be allowed to vote.

I'll go with the latter.

But why should you care? Military personnel voted for Trump by a 2-1 margin.

And you as military man should be ashamed. Lest we forget the shenanigans your side tried to pull during the Bush Gore fiasco, when dems were accused of trying to suppress the military vote.

Gen Norman Schwarzkopf, the Gulf war commander who now lives in Florida, led Republican condemnation of a five-page guide which advised Democratic tellers how to raise objections to the postal votes.

He said: "It is a very sad day in our country when the men and women of the armed forces are serving abroad and facing danger of a daily basis . . . and are denied the right to vote for the president of the United States who will be their commander in chief."

3 hours ago, Gorka said:

And you as military man should be ashamed. Lest we forget the shenanigans your side tried to pull during the Bush Gore fiasco, when dems were accused of trying to suppress the military vote.

Gen Norman Schwarzkopf, the Gulf war commander who now lives in Florida, led Republican condemnation of a five-page guide which advised Democratic tellers how to raise objections to the postal votes.

He said: "It is a very sad day in our country when the men and women of the armed forces are serving abroad and facing danger of a daily basis . . . and are denied the right to vote for the president of the United States who will be their commander in chief."

My side was McCain until he died. I am more like my sister, a Nevertrumper. I have not seen a responsible Republican president or congress in 2+ years now.

14 hours ago, Gorka said:

Lol, try again.

This should keep you busy for awhile...prove each one of these phony news stories is really NOT fake news.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/22/worst-fake-news-stories-cnn-nbc-2018/

Lol, the question was -> Maybe one of you geniuses can find the part of the law that shows "House Democrats voted Friday to defend localities that allow illegal immigrants to vote in their elections"

Any time you are ready.

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

My side was McCain until he died. I am more like my sister, a Nevertrumper. I have not seen a responsible Republican president or congress in 2+ years now.

bitch, bitch, bitch.

• 2 weeks later...

In other news state of Ohio and I'm assuming many places are considering raising the age to buy a package of cigarettes to 21.

Really isn't voting more important then buying a shot of whiskey or a pistol or a package of Marlboros? And didn't you guys just run Roy Moore out of office for allegedly dating a 16 year old?

WSS

12 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

How about a max voting age?

Not a problem with incompetent people not being allowed to vote. I would imagine that would be a matter of testing, no? Because numbers are just numbers. I have no doubt There are 15 year olds  perfectly capable of handling weapons liquor sex etc. As well as 28 year olds I wouldn't even want behind the wheel of a car.

WSS

3 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Not a problem with incompetent people not being allowed to vote. I would imagine that would be a matter of testing, no? Because numbers are just numbers. I have no doubt There are 15 year olds  perfectly capable of handling weapons liquor sex etc. As well as 28 year olds I wouldn't even want behind the wheel of a car.

WSS

Right. I've been on the weighted test vote train all along

But if we can generalize to raise a voting minimum age we should be able to do the reverse

Archived