THE BROWNS BOARD

Something We Can Agree On

TexasAg1969

I thought about saving this story I happened upon for Memorial Day. But Ida prolly forgot about it by then, so here it is. It's about an American pilot shot down over Normandy and lost to all except a small town in France that never has forgotten the pilot who died crashing his plane in nearby woods rather than chancing it would hit the town. It took his widow over 60 years to find out "the rest of the story" as Paul Harvey would have said. Make sure you are cutting up onions if anyone else is around when you read and watch this.

http://www.modernamericanheroes.com/2012/07/03/story-of-billie-d-harris/

I would ask that all of you keep the BS on the political board off this thread. It was the story of an American hero. Leave it that way. If that fits you, then delete your response please.

I sincerely thank you all for honoring my request. My Dad lost his best friend Joe somewhere over the English Channel as a fighter pilot for the Army Air Corps. I was thinking of them both when I posted this. My Dad never forgave himself for convincing Joe to go into the Army Air Corps with him because he himself failed the physical due to color blindness. And Joe was observed being shot down and was listed MIA. I don't recall Joe's last name, but he gave his all.

Archived