THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Upcoming Games 2019/2020

BobPOUND!

Dates aren't set yet, but thought it would be fun to break down who we can beat now?

• Home
  • Baltimore Ravens - We beat them at home last year with 1/2 the talent we have now. Jackson is now the QB, but with our upgraded D, don't expect him to run through us again WIN
  • Cincinnati Bengals- We beat them like a rag doll at home last year. No doubt we will do it again, and again. and again. WIN
  • Pittsburgh Steelers- 1st game of the year with Tyrod Taylor in a blinding rain storm. Rookies and Hue at the helm.. We tied them.. We should get this one at home this year!! WIN
  • Buffalo Bills- Not sure what to make of them. 6-10 last year. Scores seems to show they were all over the place. Losing horribly in some games .. I say WIN..
  • Miami Dolphins- Same goes for Miami.. Scores all over the place, blowout loses.. If we can beat the Bills, Miami is a WIN for us.
  • Los Angeles Rams- Well if we want to go the Super Bowl we have to beat a team like this...  Toss up. I'll say LOSS just because we have to lose at some point.
  • Seattle Seahawks -  Depending on when we play them. Middle/End of the season I can see this being a WIN for us.. This is the type of team we are now built to beat. Hands down
  • Tennessee Titans - Team that finished with 9 wins, but like us won last 4 out of 5 games.  I think WIN

HOME Record 7-1-0

That means we need just 3 possibly 4 wins on the road...

Away Record 4-4

TOTAL   11-5-0   The AFC North away from Cleveland will be a mixed bag of wins and losses, We win the AFC North and likely get a bye week...

Waiting for the schedule to come out so that I can see if I can combine an away Browns game with one of my travel trips. 

At this point, like last year, my window would be early December.  (I am already booked for Wyoming in October and Missouri in September)

Optimal would be Arizona in early December, next would be San Fran.  Third would be Denver....to perhaps combine with my Wyoming trip...but that is a bit far fetched.

Though, I do also have plans at some time to do an offseason Delaware beach trip.  Maybe I could join that one up with Baltimore.

Though I would like to do it with a group from this board.   That is another month away.

Also look at 2020.  All but 2 games set:

2020 Schedule

Opp
vs. Cincinnati Bengals
at Cincinnati Bengals
vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
at Pittsburgh Steelers
vs. Baltimore Ravens
at Baltimore Ravens
vs. Indianapolis Colts
vs. Houston Texans
at Jacksonville Jaguars
at Tennessee Titans
at Dallas Cowboys
at New York Giants
vs. Philadelphia Eagles
vs. Washington Redskins
  AFC East
  AFC West

Nothing further west than Dallas, save the AFCW game  (Denver/LA Chargers/KC/....and maybe Las Vegas!!

The Raiders are scheduled to begin playing its home games at the Las Vegas Stadium as the Las Vegas Raiders for the 2020 National Football League (NFL) season.

I am going to make a far fetched assumption that any games to be played in Vegas that first year are going to be going for a premium price.   I don't think I could probably find a  $75-100 ticket on Stubhub.

Artists concept of Raider's stadium:

sntic_stadium_presentation_08-25-16_page

I am noticing that this graphic actually has the stadium in the wrong place.....per the live cam, the stadium is being built on that plot that in in the far left of this photo, across the highway from the Mandalay Bay parking deck and north of that road that crossed the interstate.

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Waiting for the schedule to come out so that I can see if I can combine an away Browns game with one of my travel trips. 

At this point, like last year, my window would be early December.  (I am already booked for Wyoming in October and Missouri in September)

Optimal would be Arizona in early December, next would be San Fran.  Third would be Denver....to perhaps combine with my Wyoming trip...but that is a bit far fetched.

Though, I do also have plans at some time to do an offseason Delaware beach trip.  Maybe I could join that one up with Baltimore.

Though I would like to do it with a group from this board.   That is another month away.

Why? Would you want to go to Wyoming in October- unless you're into elk and antelope hunting? Yeah, the crowds are gone in Yellowstone, because there's already snow on the ground, and it can get down to 10 degrees at night. And that goes for anywhere in the high country. Crap, I had 4" of snow outside my tent nigh onto the continental divide @ 10,000' in the middle of August. Last trip out there five years ago the end of August with the nephew- the wildflowers were already shot, and the hotel clerk in Pinedale told me it was sort of unusual they hadn't had any snow yet.

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Why? Would you want to go to Wyoming in October- unless you're into elk and antelope hunting? Yeah, the crowds are gone in Yellowstone, because there's already snow on the ground, and it can get down to 10 degrees at night. And that goes for anywhere in the high country. Crap, I had 4" of snow outside my tent nigh onto the continental divide @ 10,000' in the middle of August. Last trip out there five years ago the end of August with the nephew- the wildflowers were already shot, and the hotel clerk in Pinedale told me it was sort of unusual they hadn't had any snow yet.

A. It fits my schedule.   The road into Y-stone is still open in Mid Oct.  (closes early November)

B. I have been to Yellowstone in Mid Oct. before, and things were just fine actually.  In 2014  I stayed in Anaconda MT, much further north.  Also spent a night in one of the cabins right next to the Old Faithful.  No problems whatsoever with weather.

In fact, in 2000, I stayed much further north in October, the Canadian Rockies at Fairmount Hot Springs.  Went into Glacier NP.

I am not going to be camping. Staying in TS condo. I assume it has heat, so not worried if it gets down to 10 deg. And not likely to do any heavy back country hikes. Some obviously, but nothing major, 2-3 miles maybe.

What do you think about Arizona in early December, if the schedule falls right?

37 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Also look at 2020.  All but 2 games set:

2020 Schedule

Opp
vs. Cincinnati Bengals
at Cincinnati Bengals
vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
at Pittsburgh Steelers
vs. Baltimore Ravens
at Baltimore Ravens
vs. Indianapolis Colts
vs. Houston Texans
at Jacksonville Jaguars
at Tennessee Titans
at Dallas Cowboys
at New York Giants
vs. Philadelphia Eagles
vs. Washington Redskins
  AFC East
  AFC West

Nothing further west than Dallas, save the AFCW game  (Denver/LA Chargers/KC/....and maybe Las Vegas!!

Absolutely hate the AFC South matchups, nothing exciting about those teams to me at all. 

I hope to get to the Denver game with my nephew depending upon thee schedule. We like Colorado in early Oct. during the elk rut and before the deep snows/cold start. Great hiking and mild temps. But I have not been snowshoeing in years so I'd be fine with Xmas in Estes Park too.

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I hope to get to the Denver game

That could work...

My glaucoma has been acting up lately... ;)

Archived