THE BROWNS BOARD

Hal Blaine Dead @ 90 - 3/11/2019

nickers

Many of you probably never heard of him.. But Hal Blaine (Born Harold Belsky) Passed away on Tuesday March 11th this past month.... Hal was a session drummer from the late 50's through the mid 70's and beyond... Hal has been recorded on nearly 35,000 songs and another 6,000 additional singles throughout his illustrious career.. He was part of the famed "Wrecking Crew" A group of highly skilled session musicians  such as Glenn Campbell, Don Randi, Carol Kaye and a host of others along with Hal. He was known to have played on great hits like "Be My Baby" The Ronettes "Indian Reservation" Paul Revere and the Raiders.. And "Good Vibrations" The Beach Boys". I urge you all to google him and check out his fascinating career... Hal was an inspiration to me.. As a multi-instrumentalist I have always enjoyed learning different styles of music.. Hal left an indelible mark on my ears as well as thousands of others.. He is the most recorded musician in the history of music.. RIP Hal..  You were the best!!

MI0001335237.jpg

hal-blaine-342.jpg

Archived