THE BROWNS BOARD

proof millennials are smarter than the previous generations...

Clevfan4life

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/retirement/the-reason-millennials-want-to-retire-early-should-worry-the-rest-of-us/ar-BBV6cLI?ocid=spartandhp

He continued: "Also, the financial-services community -- I was about to get conspiratorial -- they have forced the individual into a position of responsibility with their own financial future. And we are woefully unprepared to face that because we don't teach financial literacy to anybody." 

Instead, he said, American culture has taught society to be consumers under the belief that you make money to spend it. "And that's a lie,"

indeed it is

13 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

You mean the generation that eats Tide Pods?

C9282D3A-572A-408C-A8D7-0BD8A2B9F98F.jpeg

you do know "millennials" go back to early 80's right? and end in 96 or 98, but you knew that right canton? These kids would be called "post millennials". My thread topic read "millennial".. clear?

11 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

you do know "millennials" go back to early 80's right? and end in 96 or 98, but you knew that right canton?

Who doesn’t know that?...What’s the point?

Turning 38 this year, the oldest Millennials are well into adulthood, and they first entered adulthood before today's youngest adults were born. ... Anyone born between 1981 and 1996 (ages 23 to 38 in 2019) is considered a Millennial, and anyone born from 1997 onward is part of a new generation.Jan 17, 2019

I guess Cleve is a senior almost 40 millennial.

3 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Turning 38 this year, the oldest Millennials are well into adulthood, and they first entered adulthood before today's youngest adults were born. ... Anyone born between 1981 and 1996 (ages 23 to 38 in 2019) is considered a Millennial, and anyone born from 1997 onward is part of a new generation.Jan 17, 2019

I guess Cleve is a senior almost 40 millennial.

I pretty much am but technically I fall just outside. 

Nothing stuck out in that article that gave me the impression that millennials were smart.

"Fear of the future"... "safety nets such as social security and healthcare in jeopardy" are motivators for millennials to retire early???

Grant Sabatier, who retired at age 30 with $1.25 million and is featured in Shakespeare's documentary, has said financial independence has always been about time...

And we are woefully unprepared to face that because we don't teach financial literacy to anybody." 

Financial literacy would be knowing that $1.25 mil is not gonna cut it for a person age 30 wishing to maintain his current lifestyle, unless his lifestyle is living in his mothers basement.

I looked up this Grant Sabatier. Appears he did move back in with mom.

Here's how to get rich:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/14/grant-sabatier-of-millennial-money-how-to-retire-in-10-years-or-less.html

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

do those look like mid 20's people? cause that's what the youngest millennials would be. 

At this point they just use "millennial" as a derogatory term for any young person. 

You can't expect them to put more thought into it than that. 

6 hours ago, Gorka said:

Nothing stuck out in that article that gave me the impression that millennials were smart.

"Fear of the future"... "safety nets such as social security and healthcare in jeopardy" are motivators for millennials to retire early???

Grant Sabatier, who retired at age 30 with $1.25 million and is featured in Shakespeare's documentary, has said financial independence has always been about time...

And we are woefully unprepared to face that because we don't teach financial literacy to anybody." 

Financial literacy would be knowing that $1.25 mil is not gonna cut it for a person age 30 wishing to maintain his current lifestyle, unless his lifestyle is living in his mothers basement.

I looked up this Grant Sabatier. Appears he did move back in with mom.

Here's how to get rich:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/14/grant-sabatier-of-millennial-money-how-to-retire-in-10-years-or-less.html

He moved in with his mom when he had $5 to.his name.....not once he started his income streams. I mean, good for him ofc he must be a pretty sharp hustler.....but hlipping domains and stuff like that, I dunno...its like day trading. It's just gaming our awe inspiring hot mess of an economy. It's not grown man's work, it's just jewbitra..I mean arbitrage. It's a hustle as old as humans first forays into currencies. 

The point of that article wasn't about that particular guy. It's about the millennials andbpost millennials waking up to the lies (ie giant fucking ponzi schemes)  of our fathers and their fathers. Every previous gen just wanted to ensure the next gen bought into the bullshit "American way of life" because without that the ponzi folds, as we all know. 

If any of u want to understand one of the bedrock of the ponzi horseshit go read up on the fractional reserve system. You'll learn how money is created from debt. Why its "imperative" in our monetary system that as many people are in as deep debt as possible. That's tittys to the people who run our shit. Terrible for us ofc but great for all the free market entities situated closest to.the teats if credit. They had access to unlimited funds of the world's reserves. And THAT is what built these huge globalist multinationals. 

If young people now are post millennials then I will say post millennials are fucking awful to deal with. I get a whole flock of interns every summer and they are lazy cry babies. I blame their parents because these kids are early to late undergrad. I have had to can a few for refusing to do intern stuff (making copies, delivering documents, taking notes at meetings, etc).

2 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I have had to can a few for refusing to do intern stuff (making copies, delivering documents, taking notes at meetings, etc).

Lol, refusing to.do a job u actively sought sounds a bit.....exaggerated? Whst do they say, fuck yo copies nicka......??

😂

5 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Lol, refusing to.do a job u actively sought sounds a bit.....exaggerated? Whst do they say, fuck yo copies nicka......??

😂

“Uh is there something else I can do? I really don’t like making copies or taking notes.”

”You are an intern and this is a long form interview process so unfortunately you have to do the low level grunt work to prove yourself”

”but I...” And that goes back and forth for another minute before I tell them to go home and turn in their ID badge.

2 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

“Uh is there something else I can do? I really don’t like making copies or taking notes.”

”You are an intern and this is a long form interview process so unfortunately you have to do the low level grunt work to prove yourself”

”but I...” And that goes back and forth for another minute before I tell them to go home and turn in their ID badge.

May I ask intern for what? Cause the term "intern" should be self explanatory to these kids......😂

Just now, Clevfan4life said:

May I ask intern for what? Cause the term "intern" should be self explanatory......😂

Contracts for paving and designing road repairs/flood damage. We get a weird mix of civil engineering and business interns. Basically, if they can prove they aren’t mongoloids and show up on time, we give them more responsibility. If you can’t take meeting minutes without whining, I don’t want you around me. 

4 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I also curse a fair bit. Not at anyone but I am prone to using it for emphasis haha. Some kids can’t handle it and they think I am mad at them. “Guys, this can’t fucking work. We gotta get this out by (insert date).” 

You have to make a safe space with milk and cookies for them.

6 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I also curse a fair bit. Not at anyone but I am prone to using it for emphasis haha. Some kids can’t handle it and they think I am mad at them. “Guys, this can’t fucking work. We gotta get this out by (insert date).” 

Is it a paid or unpaid internship? 

I've never had issues like that with my interns, but the job pays well and they're all engineering. Also generally less grunt work. 

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Is it a paid or unpaid internship? 

I've never had issues like that with my interns, but the job pays well and they're all engineering. Also generally less grunt work. 

Paid with tuition reimbursement. If they show themselves to not be a helmethead, they can get involved with designing projects. Just have to endure the weeding out process.

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Addendum: I do tend to have better luck with engineers than I do business majors. But I still occasionally get some whiny duds among the engineer interns. 

Question how do you spot the marketing major?

Answer he's the guy working at Taco Bell wearing the necktie.

WSS

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Addendum: I do tend to have better luck with engineers than I do business majors. But I still occasionally get some whiny duds among the engineer interns. 

because those business majors are already failed engineering majors :)

On 3/23/2019 at 8:41 AM, LogicIsForSquares said:

Contracts for paving and designing road repairs/flood damage. We get a weird mix of civil engineering and business interns. Basically, if they can prove they aren’t mongoloids and show up on time, we give them more responsibility. If you can’t take meeting minutes without whining, I don’t want you around me. 

What kind of EIT would actually be copying documents and that sort? EIT’s are paid to do engineering work. You don’t pay someone 55 grand a year to make copies. 

1 hour ago, Chemist said:

What kind of EIT would actually be copying documents and that sort? EIT’s are paid to do engineering work. You don’t pay someone 55 grand a year to make copies. 

EIT is someone with an engineering degree that passed the FE

An engineering intern is someone still going to school for their degree and filling an internship role, usually over the summer. Or they can be co-ops that rotate between school and work. 

Archived