THE BROWNS BOARD

Mock Draft Surprises

Gunz41

I didn't know which thread to add this to, so I will just start one.

Since the Browns are really starting to put together a squad, there is not a 1st round pick as of now. But it is Draft season.

I just saw Mel Kiper mock Draft and there was one pick that shocked me. Terry Mclaurin was late 1st.

So who (if any) that is mocked shocked you either good or bad? And is there someone who realistically could fall that you would love?

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Murray going #1 overall should be a shock, all things considered.....but it won't be because there is so much talk about it.

I partially agree. I don't think he is the best QB available, and he wouldn't be my pick, but I think he is a 1st rounder, especially when teams have to find that guy.

With Terry, he is 2nd WR taken, that completely surprised me. It surprised me almost as much if Bosa fell past #5.

FS1 analyst Joel Klatt came out with his mock. I'm sure people here would be unhappy, but it has Pittsburgh at #20 taking Devin White

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Who here thinks that Devin White would last until #20....show your hands.

(Crickets)

He wont get past the Buccs at 5     they need a replacement for Kwon, they signed Bucannon and Barrett but they are more depth

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Who here thinks that Devin White would last until #20....show your hands.

(Crickets)

Exactly why it would be a surprise 

32 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Exactly why it would be a surprise 

Sure, you can make up any surprise in a Mock Draft:   Nick Bosa will still be on the board at the Browns #49 pick.

But, there is the sublime, and there is the ridiculous.  White lasting until the #20 pick is the latter.

21 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Sure, you can make up any surprise in a Mock Draft:   Nick Bosa will still be on the board at the Browns #49 pick.

But, there is the sublime, and there is the ridiculous.  White lasting until the #20 pick is the latter.

I didn't make the mock Draft, it was on NATIONAL TV. Just a few weeks ago, there were people on this board talking about a slight possibility of White being available at #17.

And certainly fans/draft analysts have overvalued prospects before. 

Want a couple examples without the obvious red flags (such as Warren Sapp). How about Aaron Rodgers, Brady Quinn (not that he ended up being good, but he was certainly thought to be a bonafide Top 5 pick), LaMarr Woodley, Prince Amukamara.

Let's dive a bit into the last. He was thought to be a sure top 10 pick, and even had one of those "wont get past X team). But he did.

Again, I didn't make this mock Draft, but it was from Fox. But it is EXACTLY what the thread was for, suprises in a MOCK Draft. It wasn't to come up with something outlandish just to say something else would be surprising. If it was just from some poster on here or Facebook, then there might be a reason to say something, but again it was on FS1, and anyone would have the same opportunity to see it as I did.

I'd be interested in pinning our own Mock Draft experts around here doing just 1 final Mock draft before 1st Round..than compare it to these "that get paid" experts.. https://www.sbnation.com/2018/4/27/17292004/nfl-mock-drafts-2018-accuracy-first-round  do ya think we can place 9 players on the right teams?     

Archived