THE BROWNS BOARD

Change

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/06/26/dccc-ads-war-funding/

DCCC will be running ads against Republicans that voted against a specific military funding bill. They will be running these ads over July 4 weekend. The ads will say things like,

"Around here, we recognize Independence Day with parades … and picnics … maybe a few fireworks. But July Fourth is about more than that. It’s about remembering those who fought for our freedoms. And those still fighting today. Congressman Lee Terry used to understand that..."

Did DCCC hire Karl Rove?

Making this instance particularly cute is the fact that every member that the DCCC is targeting voted for the original funding bill - the one that didnt include additional IMF funding. For any that dont know, the IMF is the International Monetary Fund, not a new branch of the armed forces.

It's all dishonest manipulation, smoke and mirrors. Get people to believe what you want them to believe,

by any verbal means necessary.

The bastards should take a look in a mirror, before they go attacking anybody about patriotism, Hell they have Bankrupted this country and are laughing in the faces of everyone while they are drunk on their power trip.

Guest Aloysius

It's good to see ThinkProgress calling bullshit here.

Obviously, it's hypocritical for Democrats to play the patriotism card after having complained about how the same thing was used against them on the Homeland Security bill back in '02. But if the debate over Obama's approach to the elections in Iran teaches us anything, it's that the politics of national security are still ugly as hell.

It'd be great if Republicans took Jacob Heilbrunn's advice, but I'm not all that optimistic.

There Al goes again, frantically changing the subject.

Maybe I'll start doing it...

Like, Al will start a discussion about history, and I'll

change the subject to the new movie sequel to

"A Night at the Museum"...

Archived