THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns getting more attention - Good Morning Football

calfoxwc

So, I was watching GMFB on the NFL channel a bit ago - and they were showing the best plays of 2018 for each team.

Then, they had a vote - between the Packer's biggest play - where Rodgers throws to one of my favorite wr's from back then, Randall Cobb,

for a dramatic game winning TD.... and the best play of the Browns - which they said was the Landry TD throw to Baker to win their first game, vs

the Jets I think it was.

So, they had voters vote on which one was better. The vote went 81% for Landry to Baker, and 19% for Rodgers to Cobb.

Browns are getting noticed and respected hugely.

On another note -

I have no use for Harbaugh, but thought this was pretty intriguing -

John Harbaugh: Cleveland Browns are 'most talented team' in AFC ...

2 days ago - The Baltimore Ravens may be the reigning AFC North champions, but John Harbaugh says the Cleveland Browns are the most talented team in the division. ... John Harbaugh on Browns: "They’re the most talented team in the division. ... The Browns have been the story of the off-season after

Harbaugh is dong what any great coach does and that is play the mental game with your opponent.. You laud them with accolades .. Then beat they're ass on the field.... It's called buttering up your enemy and setting them up for the fall..

nah. that would be if they were exaggerating based on flimsy reasons.

I could post a lot of links about people seriously noticing the talent the Browns had last year, and

the even more talent this year, even before the draft.

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

nah. that would be if they were exaggerating based on flimsy reasons.

I could post a lot of links about people seriously noticing the talent the Browns had last year, and

the even more talent this year, even before the draft.

I'm not saying nobody has noticed.. I'm just saying.. he's paying us lip service.. Would did you expect him to say?.. We suck?.. we haven't "WON" anything yet cal.. It looks great on paper... I get all of that... It all means nothing until the games are played.. I'm not trying to piss on anyones enthusiasm.. I'm just saying.. "Let's keep it real"

4 hours ago, nickers said:

Harbaugh is dong what any great coach does and that is play the mental game with your opponent.. You laud them with accolades .. Then beat they're ass on the field.... It's called buttering up your enemy and setting them up for the fall..

But, remember this:

Rams went from  4-12 to Super Bowl Champs......because they started a new outstanding QB.

Patriots went from 5-11 to Super Bowl Champs....because they started a new outstanding QB.

Browns went from 5-11 to 8-8 to 12-4....because they started a new outstanding QB.

Those are just a few examples that I can think of off the top of my head.....I suspect there are several others.

So, the laudation may, hopefully, be appropriate.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

But, remember this:

Rams went from  4-12 to Super Bowl Champs......because they started a new outstanding QB.

Patriots went from 5-11 to Super Bowl Champs....because they started a new outstanding QB.

Browns went from 5-11 to 8-8 to 12-4....because they started a new outstanding QB.

Those are just a few examples that I can think of off the top of my head.....I suspect there are several others.

So, the laudation may, hopefully, be appropriate.

I get all of that.. I'm just saying let it play out before we start printing playoff tix..

42 minutes ago, nickers said:

I get all of that.. I'm just saying let it play out before we start printing playoff tix..

Shhhhh... or you will wake the dreamers...

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

That is a complete non sequitur what are you doing reliving your childhood. 

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

No, I understood what you were trying to say....It just didn't accomplish the mission because it was so totally off base. 

Is it likely that a team can go from like 4-12 to win the Super Bowl?  No.   Is it possible?  Certainly....as those are the examples.

So, just because we are Browns fans and it seems like nothing can go right for us doesn't mean that it always has to be that way.

I guess a thing to do would be to what each SB winning team's record was the year before it won the Super Bowl.

Archived