THE BROWNS BOARD

browns preseason

beare

This should be an interesting year.. God opening day can't get here fast enough.. Fuck the draft!!

TB in ther 3rd game should be a decent test at the right time when starters max out their PT. Only IND would be a sterner one.

Weakest opponents, WSH and DET, are well-timed in games 1 and 4 when non-starters need to be evaluated.

Which team(s) are we slated to scrimmage with this year? I want to say BUF, but not sure...

Just now, Tour2ma said:

TB in ther 3rd game should be a decent test at the right time when starters max out their PT. Only IND would be a sterner one.

Weakest opponents, WSH and DET, are well-timed in games 1 and 4 when non-starters need to be evaluated.

Which team(s) are we slated to scrimmage with this year? I want to say BUF, but not sure...

We are practicing with Colts all week 2

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Only bad thing from a Season ticket Holder standpoint is having preseason game 4 at home. Makes those tickets near worthless unless you're planning on going to the game. From my standpoint- do I do the 440 miles of driving, or sit in the Man Cave and watch the guys trying to make the team on NFLN? 

BTW, outside of my rant about the NFL going to all digital tickets (you're probably gonna have to get a new phone if you haven't already Tour)  at least the Browns moved into the 21st century this week when it was time for a potential seat upgrade.  Season ticket holders were given a time slot where you could log in, and see a map resembling Stub Hub's where any seats you could upgrade to were available. The 100 field level was essentially sold out, (so if you're sitting there next year and see fans of opposing teams, realize those seats came from a Browns season ticket holder).  The exception being about 20 seats scattered around the corners of the end zones. BTW, the only marginal upgrade we saw was one set of 40 yard Club Seats that would have set me back $4,000 a year. Too pricey for my budget. 

PS, as I've said before- it's little wonder the EL Primo sections between the 30s in the 100 level never become available.  People aren't stupid, those PSLs get put up for sale at great expense. Same reason I told some board members why I'd never drop my PSLs when the Browns were sucking- they're too valuable a commodity.  My two seats are worth at least $10k on the open market, and if we wanted to upgrade our four to what I consider "best seats in the house" 40 yard line, last row of the 100 level under cover, and you can knock on the floor of the owners box over your head- the asking price is $40,000. Maybe if I win the lottery.  

3 hours ago, hoorta said:
  1. Only bad thing from a Season ticket Holder standpoint is having preseason game 4 at home. Makes those tickets near worthless unless you're planning on going to the game. From my standpoint- do I do the 440 miles of driving, or sit in the Man Cave and watch the guys trying to make the team on NFLN? 
  2. BTW, outside of my rant about the NFL going to all digital tickets (you're probably gonna have to get a new phone if you haven't already Tour)  at least the Browns moved into the 21st century this week when it was time for a potential seat upgrade.  Season ticket holders were given a time slot where you could log in, and see a map resembling Stub Hub's where any seats you could upgrade to were available. The 100 field level was essentially sold out, (so if you're sitting there next year and see fans of opposing teams, realize those seats came from a Browns season ticket holder).  The exception being about 20 seats scattered around the corners of the end zones. BTW, the only marginal upgrade we saw was one set of 40 yard Club Seats that would have set me back $4,000 a year. Too pricey for my budget. 
  3. PS, as I've said before- it's little wonder the EL Primo sections between the 30s in the 100 level never become available.  People aren't stupid, those PSLs get put up for sale at great expense. Same reason I told some board members why I'd never drop my PSLs when the Browns were sucking- they're too valuable a commodity.  My two seats are worth at least $10k on the open market, and if we wanted to upgrade our four to what I consider "best seats in the house" 40 yard line, last row of the 100 level under cover, and you can knock on the floor of the owners box over your head- the asking price is $40,000. Maybe if I win the lottery. 
  1. Hard to imagine any of you season ticket guys bailing now, h.
  2. That's why I have a wife with a smart phone...
  3. The PSL window has closed...

Remember the thread about how low the prices had dropped due to the Browns looking at doing away with PSLs for any seats that come open. And that was on top of the teams' dismal record. I looked and there were decent seats available for under $100/PSL... one was only $30/ea for a block of 4. I actually had about a dozen I was set to pull the trigger on, but did not as I was afraid of getting stuck with too many unsold seats. Now the returns would have rivaled my pot stocks...

Woulda-shoulda-coulda Investments, LLC... ;)

Archived