THE BROWNS BOARD

The best part about today's victory

DTBH

Considering this was the first team that they have faced with at least a .500 record...and they lost...and they have 3 or 4 more at least in the coming weeks....it should get interesting!!!

Considering this was the first team that they have faced with at least a .500 record...and they lost...and they have 3 or 4 more at least in the coming weeks....it should get interesting!!!

The Steelers have a lot of injury issues right now and yesterday it was just too much to overcome late in the game. We had our long snapper go out and had nobody capable of snapping the ball which was huge, and we also were missing McFadden who is out for 5 weeks and Ike Taylor the one series where the Giants converted a 4th and 6th play where if either of them are in there that play doesnt get converted. Roethlisberger doesnt get a free pass either he didnot play well yesterday and the o-line didnt do a good enough job. He cant play like that and expect the Steelers to win, and I do think he will play better because Ben is consistent and usually bounces back after he has a bad game. With that being said the Steelers are still sitting here in good shape at 5-2 currently on top of the AFC North, and the current number 2 seed in the AFC with a 5-0 record in the conference. We got 3 games in a row at home coming up after the Redskins game with the Colts,Chargers,and Bengals all of whom do not have defenses like the Giants and who the Steelers I feel should be able to win at least 2 out of those 3 games.

Steelers just aren't as good as they think they are. Time will tell.

The Steelers keep in mind had no Holmes,Parker,and McFadden our top corner in this game and still were one botched long snap away in this game when their long snapper got hurt from probably winning this game. The Giants didnot score a TD in this game until there was 3 minutes left in the game. The Steelers defense did the job in this game holding the Giants offense out of the end zone, and had a TD called back late in the 3rd quarter on a questionable holding call which would have made it 21-9 Steelers and put the game in total control there for the Steelers. Give the Giants credit in this game they made the plays in this game late and the Steelers didnt and that was the difference.

The Steelers are still a solid team and they will bounce back and recover from this loss. The Browns and Ravens are still chasing the Steelers so the Steelers have nobody to worry about but themselves at this point because they know if they win they are gonna win the division and put themselves in great shape for the playoffs.

The Steelers have a lot of injury issues right now and yesterday it was just too much to overcome late in the game. We had our long snapper go out and had nobody capable of snapping the ball which was huge, and we also were missing McFadden who is out for 5 weeks and Ike Taylor the one series where the Giants converted a 4th and 6th play where if either of them are in there that play doesnt get converted. Roethlisberger doesnt get a free pass either he didnot play well yesterday and the o-line didnt do a good enough job. He cant play like that and expect the Steelers to win, and I do think he will play better because Ben is consistent and usually bounces back after he has a bad game. With that being said the Steelers are still sitting here in good shape at 5-2 currently on top of the AFC North, and the current number 2 seed in the AFC with a 5-0 record in the conference. We got 3 games in a row at home coming up after the Redskins game with the Colts,Chargers,and Bengals all of whom do not have defenses like the Giants and who the Steelers I feel should be able to win at least 2 out of those 3 games.

So, it would appear you're backing down from your cracked out 14-2, marching into Tampa in February statement? Were you drunk when you posted that or was that your Retarded brother Lester you keeped locked in the basement?

icon_rolleyes.gif Squeeler fans, can't live with 'em...can't throw 'em into a wood chipper.

Doug

Here is the thing Holmes...if you lose to Washington...and with your injuries that is very likely...and you go 2-1 against the next 3....that leaves you at 7-4 which is still pretty good...but it is the REMAINDER that kills you...

@ NE (5-2) 14 sacks

Dal (5-3) 22 sacks

@ Bal (4-3) 16 sacks

@Ten (6-0) 18 sacks in only 6 games

ALL of them average at least 2 sacks per game!!! And you get Titans the week before us...while we come in off of a game with Cincinnati....I am sure you will get the importance of that!!!

As for your inury excuses....I don't seem to remember much empathy towards us when we were racked with injuries to start the season...and it took it's toll on us to the account of an 0-3 start....by the way, in case you haven't noticed we are 3-1 since we got our players back!!!

Here is the thing Holmes...if you lose to Washington...and with your injuries that is very likely...and you go 2-1 against the next 3....that leaves you at 7-4 which is still pretty good...but it is the REMAINDER that kills you...

@ NE (5-2) 14 sacks

Dal (5-3) 22 sacks

@ Bal (4-3) 16 sacks

ALL of them average at least 2 sacks per game!!! And you get Titans the week before us...while we come in off of a game with Cincinnati....I am sure you will get the importance of that!!!

As for your inury excuses....I don't seem to remember much empathy towards us when we were racked with injuries to start the season...and it took it's toll on us to the account of an 0-3 start....by the way, in case you haven't noticed we are 3-1 since we got our players back!!!

The Redskins game will be a big game no doubt about it. Should the Steelers find a way to win that game and move to 6-2 and stay 2 games ahead of the Browns and Ravens with 3 games in a row at home and one of them being against the Bengals the very worst I think they will be going into New England will be 8-3. The Browns are playing very well right now and are not dead yet and are right back in the thick of the wildcard race in the AFC. They still have a long road to go to catch the Steelers though in this division. The Browns next 3 games against Baltimore,Denver,and Buffalo even though 2 of the 3 are at home are all going to be tough games.

And I always get a kick out of the toothless steeler fans in here after a win taking about how much injuries don't matter because they have Ben and they are the Steelers! after all.

And then after a loss it's time to come in here tail between thier legs talking about how much the injuries to their long snapper and punter were so costly.

or they just come in and make assinine, nonsense smack talk that my 2 year old would just laugh off.

Im still not worried about the Browns and this division until they are tied with the Steelers which still has a long way to go. Concentrate on beating the Ravens this week at home and not catching the Steelers because keep in mind they are still one game ahead of you guys and have beaten you already. The long snapping play was huge because it was 14-12 at the time with 6 mins left and had they got the punt off there who knows what happens. The Steelers kept the Giants out of the end zone the whole game until after the safety and the free kick. It still doesnt excuse Ben playing like shit as I did state and throwing 4 picks. When he plays like that the Steelers wont win much. The good news is he has proven in the past that he is consistent unlike Derek Anderson who has yet to prove that he can bounce back from tough losses like the one yesterday and get his team back on track.

• 2 weeks later...

@ NE (5-2) 14 sacks

Dal (5-3) 22 sacks

@ Bal (4-3) 16 sacks

Once again right on the money with this post...Tell me what your record is now in the last 5 days since Sunday??? Oh that's right it's 0-2 with all of your players back, and your defense blowing leads of 14 and 13 points in the 2nd half of both games...

Archived