THE BROWNS BOARD

another one of woodpecker's people who want a better life

calfoxwc

9 hours ago, Gorka said:

Why that is even considered a debate is absurd.

What I also find absurd is this often repeated idea of "pardoning" illegals who murder just because "U.S. citizens commit murder too ya know"...as if extraneous.

Fuckin-a I feel more strongly about the murder of these women because an illegal committed it.  They're illegal. THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE. Whether or not U.S. citizens commit more crime is irrelevant. Sorry but illegal alien added crime doesn't get a pass.

We have enough home grown crime to deal with. Crime by illegals is a valid argument against open borders. 

If US citizens are statistically more likely to commit a violent crime, using violent crime as an argument against illegal immigration is silly. There are a mountain of reasons to be against illegal immigration. But if Illegal Juan is less likely to rob or kill me than Todd from Idaho then using violent crime as an argument against Juan is silly.

https://www.cato.org/blog/illegal-immigrants-crime-assessing-evidence

Cato Institute leans conservative and all of the links to the associated statistical analysis is in the article. Bear in mind, I am against illegal immigration. But use non emotional arguments. 

34 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

If US citizens are statistically more likely to commit a violent crime, using violent crime as an argument against illegal immigration is silly. There are a mountain of reasons to be against illegal immigration. But if Illegal Juan is less likely to rob or kill me than Todd from Idaho then using violent crime as an argument against Juan is silly.

https://www.cato.org/blog/illegal-immigrants-crime-assessing-evidence

Cato Institute leans conservative and all of the links to the associated statistical analysis is in the article. Bear in mind, I am against illegal immigration. But use non emotional arguments. 

Are those statistics based off of convictions? Because it’s much easier to catch and convict an actual US citizen than a flighty illegal immigrant.

1 minute ago, Chemist said:

Are those statistics based off of convictions? Because it’s much easier to catch and convict an actual US citizen than a flighty illegal immigrant.

The links to the stats are there if you want to do a deep dive. I dug deep about a year ago just to see because my dad was sending me lots of Facebook misinformation as were friends who lean pro open borders.