THE BROWNS BOARD

Hey, Democrats, look what just happened in Australia

Vambo

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/hey-democrats-look-what-just-happened-in-australia-varney

The candidate Opens a New Window. pushing tax hikes was sure to win. The media Opens a New Window. and the elites backed him. The polls all said he would come out on top. Even the exit polls said he would win. But he didn't. Bill Shorten, Labour Party leader, lost Australia's general election. The pundits are in a state of shock!

Now we don't spend much time on Australian politics, but Democrats here should be taking a long hard look at this one. In Australia voters were not prepared to sacrifice in the name of climate change, and they didn't want to risk their prosperity by taxing the rich!

I think that line I quoted is a load of horse shit. It reads completely like something to keep the working class in line and not mess with the rich. 

"You wouldn't want me to be taxed! Think of your own prosperity. Lower taxes for me only helps you!"

I hate being that guy.... but that reeks of "sheeple"

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

I think that line I quoted is a load of horse shit. It reads completely like something to keep the working class in line and not mess with the rich. 

"You wouldn't want me to be taxed! Think of your own prosperity. Lower taxes for me only helps you!"

Seriously not anymore than "taxing this guy a bunch makes me happier or more successful."

That's almost the definition of sheeple.

WSS

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

You can’t tax a country into prosperity.

• Upvote 2