THE BROWNS BOARD

Mattel introduces its San Francisco Barbie

1 hour ago, Chemist said:

So you admit that women’s rights in the Middle East are lacking? 

lacking? no they're non existent whivh is why id never be muslim. But newsflash whats happened just in the last 2 weeks has validated all of my lifelong suspicions about what christians are all about. Some of u would love nothing more than to go back to old testament which, another newflash....would look EXACTLY like old testament moslems thst are running around the middle east.

i have nothing but contempt for the bastard theologies abraham spawned. 

7 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

christian-logic-ideuteronomy-22-29-gays-

7 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Bible-Rape.jpg

My the ignorance from you is strong today!  Need to get you caught up. Christianity has evolved from the dark ages and doesn't adhere to these tenets anymore, so whatever you were trying to prove with these memes is meaningless.

Islam on the other hand remains as barbaric and vile as the day when mohammad came out of that cave. Fuck Islam.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

"Those don't count. That's not real Christianity."

"See that bad stuff! That's all if Islam!"

Yeeesh. 

Pro Tip: Me pointing out hypocrisy is not defending Islam or any other religion

Everything has to be weighed out and when weighing things out one faith tips the scales far and away over the others when it comes to "bad stuff".

21 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Everything has to be weighed out and when weighing things out one faith tips the scales far and away over the others when it comes to "bad stuff".

You're the guy that believes my comments/actions/whatever have been "influenced by the devil"

I'm not expecting any rational thought from you on this subject. Oh well.

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You're the guy that believes my comments/actions/whatever have been "influenced by the devil"

I'm that guy ...

And you are this guy:

1 Corinthians 2:14 New International Version (NIV)

14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I'm that guy ...

And you are this guy:

14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

If I wanted to invent stories to help me control the masses I'd make sure to put some lines like that in there as well. 

"Hey, people will think this is crazy. But because I'm telling you that people will think this, it totally gives more legitimacy to what I'm saying. So when people tell you these stories are crazy, you need to reject them. These stories totally aren't crazy."

or, critical thinking response #2:

What if I found a similar "holy book" quote from Islam, Hinduism, etc? Would that then make their religions legitimate?

ah fuck... why am I wasting my time here. Your brain reverts to a primitive state when god is mentioned. Its genetic. I should know I won't get anywhere with this.

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

If I wanted to invent stories to help me control the masses I'd make sure to put some lines like that in there as well. 

"Hey, people will think this is crazy. But because I'm telling you that people will think this, it totally gives more legitimacy to what I'm saying. So when people tell you these stories are crazy, you need to reject them. These stories totally aren't crazy."

or, critical thinking response #2:

What if I found a similar "holy book" quote from Islam, Hinduism, etc? Would that then make their religions legitimate?

ah fuck... why am I wasting my time here. Your brain reverts to a primitive state when god is mentioned. Its genetic. I should know I won't get anywhere with this.

So Jesus and His Disciples were only out to control the masses with the gospel message. Why would they want to do that? What personal good did that do them? They all died violent deaths for preaching this message. World leaders like Stalin or Hitler or a host of others want to control the masses for their own personal gain. Jesus and His disciples were out for others to gain, not themselves. 

58 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I'm that guy ...

And you are this guy:

i'll entertain a discussion with you about "spirit" once you've taken a walk on the "other side". Which I KNOW you haven't. Everything you "think" you know about spirit comes from what you've been told. When you actually experience the "other side", as I have...you'll understand you can't speak about it in human words. The other side gives not a single ounce of fuck about what you think god is or isn't...or even your humanity. That was the most profound thing I experienced. You just don't understand who insignificant our human experience is on the other side....."they"....or whatever is over there...wants no part of human ego. And this is what the "true" spiritualities have been telling us for thousands of years. Not "religions"...spiritualities. Your old testament nonsense was written by regular humans who were crafting an ideaology to entrap people into worshipping a god whose narrative humans controlled and thus controlled the men/women who worshipped it. 

25 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

i'll entertain a discussion with you about "spirit" once you've taken a walk on the "other side". Which I KNOW you haven't. Everything you "think" you know about spirit comes from what you've been told. When you actually experience the "other side", as I have...you'll understand you can't speak about it in human words. The other side gives not a single ounce of fuck about what you think god is or isn't...or even your humanity. That was the most profound thing I experienced. You just don't understand who insignificant our human experience is on the other side....."they"....or whatever is over there...wants no part of human ego. And this is what the "true" spiritualities have been telling us for thousands of years. Not "religions"...spiritualities. Your old testament nonsense was written by regular humans who were crafting an ideaology to entrap people into worshipping a god whose narrative humans controlled and thus controlled the men/women who worshipped it. 

The only thing we are on the same page (I think) is that you believe as I do that we are three part beings, body, soul (which consists of our mind, will and emotions) and spirit. I wasn't always a Christian. I experienced a few things myself on the "other side". My experience though led me in an opposite direction than you. 

Of course Cleve fails to point out put the number one group responsible for child molestation is family members. Cleve is an uncle, therefore much more likely to be a child molester then a Catholic priest. He should know that. Also bring up the Old Testament is a little bit different then addressing the growing number Muslims within the United States who want Sharia law practiced in their communities. 

WSS

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

And of course anybody who speaks out against extremist Muslim Dogma is called an islamophobic and ridiculed for being irrationally afraid of scary brown people. So I guess rational thought shouldn't be expected anywhere right?

WSS

7 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

So Jesus and His Disciples were only out to control the masses with the gospel message. Why would they want to do that? What personal good did that do them? They all died violent deaths for preaching this message. World leaders like Stalin or Hitler or a host of others want to control the masses for their own personal gain. Jesus and His disciples were out for others to gain, not themselves. 

This all starts with you realizing not everything in the Bible is true or happened .....

But I don't see that happening any time soon

Hypocrisy is demonstrated by one's words or actions Woody.

If you could point out the hypocrisy between Old Testament laws not practiced in modern day Christianity, and the barbarous acts still committed today in the name of Islam, I'd like to hear it. 

It's still amazing how this still needs explained to adults.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Cults develop followings then off themselves all the time so that isn't a good defense for the motivations for Jesus and the Disciples. All cults try to spread out as far as they can because they think they are right even when they have to include chapters in their holy books that cover the whole "well this shit sounds wild and people will say it sounds wild" issue. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

This all starts with you realizing not everything in the Bible is true or happened .....

But I don't see that happening any time soon

You are spot on. I believe in miracles but it all starts with one miracle that God promised to preserve His word and the word we have today can be trusted. That is my foundation. 

In Christian theology there are a couple trains of thought. One side believes the bible contains the word of God and the other side believes the bible is the word of God. The difference is those who believe the bible only contains the word of God believe a percentage of the bible is actually the word of God while those who believe the bible is the word of God (which I believe) believe all of it is. The big problem with those who believe the bible only contains the word of God is trying to figure out what parts are and what parts are not and they can't do it with any certainty. It can't be done. The only certainty is to believe it all from Genesis to Revelation.

BTW - there are archaeological evidences as well as historical evidences that backs up the bible.

12 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Cults develop followings then off themselves all the time so that isn't a good defense for the motivations for Jesus and the Disciples. All cults try to spread out as far as they can because they think they are right even when they have to include chapters in their holy books that cover the whole "well this shit sounds wild and people will say it sounds wild" issue. 

It starts with Jesus. How did He bamboozle those disciples?  They witnessed His miracles (even though they never really understood Him when He was with them on earth). They were all frightened when Jesus was crucified even though Jesus told them beforehand it would happen. What turned them from being so frightened and cowering to being so bold and fearless they were willing to give up their lives but they witnessed the resurrection? I can see no other reason.

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

"Those don't count. That's not real Christianity."

"See that bad stuff! That's all if Islam!"

Yeeesh. 

Pro Tip: Me pointing out hypocrisy is not defending Islam or any other religion

It’s an inaccurate translation of verbs from millennias ago. It doesn’t mean rape. The passage is simply taking about premarital relations. 

6 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

By the way, in Christianity's defense (though, like all religions from the middle East it's utter horseshit) the old testament isn't even "Christianity" per se. Christ wasn't even born yet. The New testament largely completely contradicts the old one. 

Even the Old Covenant spoke of a New Covenant and the Messiah that would come later to replace it. The law was going to be done away to be replaced by grace. One of the main points of the Old Covenant was to show that nobody could keep the law...nobody human anyway.

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

It starts with Jesus. How did He bamboozle those disciples?  They witnessed His miracles (even though they never really understood Him when He was with them on earth). They were all frightened when Jesus was crucified even though Jesus told them beforehand it would happen. What turned them from being so frightened and cowering to being so bold and fearless they were willing to give up their lives but they witnessed the resurrection? I can see no other reason.

How does anyone get bamboozle’d by any cult leader? It doesn’t take miracles. Just be very convincing to people who aren’t thinkers. There were people who cut their genitals off and committed suicide for Marshall Applewhite.