THE BROWNS BOARD

as if u needed yet another reason to loathe nike...

This might be one of the few areas liberals and conservatives can agree on...a bi psrtisan disgust for Nike. Ofc we know conservatives only dislike Nike cause they sponsored Kaepernick and not because of exploitative labour & marketing practices etc, etc.....but thats neither here nor there. Apparently they were also financially penalizing female athletes for procreating....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/nike-to-end-financial-penalties-for-pregnant-athletes-after-backlash-on-contract-protections/ar-AABUb14?li=BBnb7Kz

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

this ones a real pickle for u conservatives huh?  on the one hand yeah fuck nike and fuck kaepernick...but oh wait this feminist equal pay bullshit.....hmmmm, where to go with this one?

Exactly what is it you are crying about?

Nike's job is to sell shit nothing else. I suppose people who think Colin Kaepernick is cool buy the shoes. And it seems like a big demographic of expensive sports shoes is crack dealers in the hood with the Expendable income to spend on them so win win. I don't give a shit about equal pay for women just equal pay for equal or better results. Figure if a dame would rather squirt out some pups than fulfill her contract she should be glad to lose the pay. Empowerment you know? But if Nike thinks they will sell more shit to more stupid women by paying the ones that don't want to complete their responsibilities that's their choice.

WSS

21 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

and what did u pull away from it?

Read my post and tell me if you agree or not. I think it was pretty clear.

"Nike's job is to sell shit nothing else. I suppose people who think Colin Kaepernick is cool buy the shoes. 'And it seems like a big demographic of expensive sports shoes is crack dealers in the hood with the Expendable income to spend on them so win win.' I don't give a shit about equal pay for women just equal pay for equal or better results. Figure if a dame would rather squirt out some pups than fulfill her contract she should be glad to lose the pay. Empowerment you know? But if Nike thinks they will sell more shit to more stupid women by paying the ones that don't want to complete their responsibilities that's their choice."

WSS

WSS

Furthermore if in fact there were three pair of shoes of equal quality equal price and I like them equally I would probably select one of the trio that was not a Colin Kaepernick endorser. Kowtowing to female athletes is pretty much meaningless to me one way or the other. But celebrity sponsorship doesn't mean much to me, and wouldn't prompt me to purchase something I didn't like or want.

Of course that's all things being equal. I actually prefer Reebok or New Balance  and have well before this controversy ever started.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Figure if a dame would rather squirt out some pups than fulfill her contract she should be glad to lose the pay

fair enough....thats exactly the position i assumed u would take. So....u know other companies throughout all industries do this right? 

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

fair enough....thats exactly the position i assumed u would take. So....u know other companies throughout all industries do this right? 

I don't know, and I don't much care. It's not a hot-button issue for me. You aren't too taking a different position are you? It's a little bit like that registrar in Kentucky or wherever that refused issue though wedding license for the queers. I have no beef with gay-marriage whatsoever but if she does that's her right to refuse but she needs to find somewhere else to work. Right?

WSS

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

ok not exactly an apt analogy since nike approaches athletes to sponsor them.

and the state of Kentucky puts out want ads or holds elections or hires people to do a particular job. If the person gets the job and then decides they can't complete what they need to do...

Anyway, yes other companies punish women for having children....infact equal employment regulations is  one of ur dear Ivankas pet projects. But U knew that right?

Choose to do your job or choose to play mom. You have a problem with choice now? As far as Ivanka most especially I don't care about any of her pet causes North what other companies do. Sorry like I said not a hot-button issue. Apparently it is for you. 

WSS

47 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Sorry like I said not a hot-button issue. Apparently it is for you. 

WSS

its a "smh" issue...not a "hot button" issue. But the larger story is still wafting clean over ur head.....not surprisingly but you've had enough time now for those few brain cells u have left to find each other for a collision or two. Its not going to happen...

oh and alot of women "choose" to do their job. But um...theres people that want to take that "choice" from them right?

39 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

its a "smh" issue...not a "hot button" issue. But the larger story is still wafting clean over ur head.....not surprisingly but you've had enough time now for those few brain cells u have left to find each other for a collision or two. Its not going to happen...

oh and alot of women "choose" to do their job. But um...theres people that want to take that "choice" from them right?

Your statement is meaningless. Anyone who makes a choice that prevents them from fulfilling their contractual responsibilities should accept consequences. Simple as that

So any further discussion will just be wasting our time.

WSS

39 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Anyone who makes a choice that prevents them from fulfilling their contractual responsibilities should accept consequences. 

well sometimes it's not a choice. Add that that "societal expectations" and you have a unique situation. We shame women in one way for having a child then we shame them in another way when they choose their profession over maternity. And now some states are outright forbidding them from choosing to fulfill their contractual responsibilities. This is exactly what happened to Elizabeth Warren btw. She chose to have a child and she was fired. 

6 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

well sometimes it's not a choice. Add that that "societal expectations" and you have a unique situation. We shame women in one way for having a child then we shame them in another way when they choose their profession over maternity. And now some states are outright forbidding them from choosing to fulfill their contractual responsibilities. This is exactly what happened to Elizabeth Warren btw. She chose to have a child and she was fired. 

Not to call you a liar but it certainly looks like a hot-button issue for you. By the way it shouldn't have been a problem for Elizabeth Warren because women in her tribe work all the way through pregnancy and beyond don't they?

But seriously did they fire her just for having a child or did they fire her because she couldn't do the job she was hired to do?

WSS

I like how they coin it as a "penalty".  15 yards for "unnecessary impregnation"!!

If it's stipulated in the contract, then you don't sign it if you don't like it. 

In the old days, when women worked far less, the man was the one who had to step up and do what it took to get what the family needed.  Now that soceity has "progressed" to single motherhood and breadwinning wives, we must redefine common sense to protect us from our own progressive values.  

Listen, women in the workplace has some tremendous upside and, to a lesser extent, a tremendous downside.  This, clearly, is part of the downside.

I don't care how much money someone has, to force them to pay for something they will not receive a return on (a fast chick in NIKE shorts I guess?) is incredibly bad business.

Just curious Cleve....had this chick taken up smoking, should NIKE penalize her?  We can talk about intentions all day, but the end result is identical.