THE BROWNS BOARD

Activist faces jail time

Activist faces up to 20 years for harboring migrants

AOL.COM 12 hrs ago

By Andrew Hay

May 29 (Reuters) - An Arizona activist charged with harboring two undocumented migrants faces trial on Wednesday in a case likely to set a precedent over what aid U.S. citizens can give to illegal border crossers.

U.S. Border Patrol agents arrested Scott Warren in a January 2018 raid near Ajo, Arizona after they found two migrants hiding in the shower of a ramshackle building used by humanitarian groups.

The 36-year old faces two felony counts of harboring the undocumented migrants and one felony count of conspiracy to transport the two men. The university geography instructor could face up to 20 years in prison if convicted of all charges.

Agree or disagree?

WSS

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Activist faces up to 20 years for harboring migrants

AOL.COM 12 hrs ago

By Andrew Hay

May 29 (Reuters) - An Arizona activist charged with harboring two undocumented migrants faces trial on Wednesday in a case likely to set a precedent over what aid U.S. citizens can give to illegal border crossers.

U.S. Border Patrol agents arrested Scott Warren in a January 2018 raid near Ajo, Arizona after they found two migrants hiding in the shower of a ramshackle building used by humanitarian groups.

The 36-year old faces two felony counts of harboring the undocumented migrants and one felony count of conspiracy to transport the two men. The university geography instructor could face up to 20 years in prison if convicted of all charges.

Agree or disagree?

WSS

Tyson Chicken and other ag businesses will have managers facing 600 years in jail if this case is based on giving aid to illegals.

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Just a statement. I could give a shit. I do have a feeling the Ag business will still get a pass.

And I have no problem with that. I have no problem with temporary visas just about anywhere. First of all it means whoever has one also has gainful employment.

WSS

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

If they did use a temp visa program properly to fill positions of need with farmers then I would be kosher with that.

Actually Farmers or industry. I've mentioned this before but up at Put-In-Bay where I play all summer every restaurant and bar has eastern European kids who come over to work for the season. Working in the kitchen isn't quite as miserable as picking fruit but it's almost impossible to get American kids to do it for minimum or better wage.

WSS

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Actually Farmers or industry. I've mentioned this before but up at Put-In-Bay where I play all summer every restaurant and bar has eastern European kids who come over to work for the season. Working in the kitchen isn't quite as miserable as picking fruit but it's almost impossible to get American kids to do it for minimum or better wage.

WSS

Florida touristy spots use the same system. Every waiter we had in St Augustine was a teenage Eastern European kid. They get to hang out by the beach in their off time and make some money. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gorka said:

https://www.heritage.org/immigration/commentary/judges-cant-ignore-immigration-laws-they-dont

Key Takeaways

Massachusetts District Court Judge Shelley Joseph conspired with her bailiff and a defense attorney to set the illegal immigrant free.

Everyone in the local court system was on notice that federal officials had a valid warrant for Medina-Perez.

As U.S. Attorney Lelling observed, officers of the courts can’t “pick and choose” the “federal laws we follow, or use our personal views to justify violating the law

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well let's apply the same standard to the Trump resorts. Put the whole family in jail. Lock 'em up!😈

Did you see my post about people on temporary work visas which are who works at the Trump resorts? Didn't you read that story  a couple years ago? I don't think you're stupid, just blind and so partisan you can't discuss things rationally. 

WSS

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2