THE BROWNS BOARD

911 victims fund or slush fund?

So maybe I'm a cynic but I think there's always a dark cloud surrounding any silver lining. It's unfortunate when legislation like this passes the Sharks lineup around the block like buzzards around a corpse.

https://info.wtc-illness.com/victim-fund-q2-1-main-aw/?keyword=9%2F11 first responders&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6IfoBRCiARIsAF6q06s75cIjYLenVRXJxrMyuSv0dlUz6I15xsD0bVoxixigyWDX9w-ilacaAqOuEALw_wcB

No doubt The emails and letters are on their way as we speak with uncounted attorneys preparing for a class-action gold mine.

WSS

A little off topic WSS but a true story about ambulance chasing attorneys. We had a tent revival church service in our town some years ago and during the service a bad storm hit and the tent collapsed and one lady's leg was broken. She sued the church and I was able to sit in on part of the trial. The church's attorney asked her a number of questions and she would continually answer she did not know. The attorney for the church then said "you don't seem to know much about your case". The lady suing then  said "look all I know is after the tent blew down and my leg was broken the next day this attorney showed up and said there might be some money in it for me".  After that her attorney asked for a recess and they settled quickly out of court.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Another true story. My cousin's daughter was sued after she rear ended the car in front of her. She was at fault and was sued by the other driver who wanted $50,000 although his injuries were minimal if at all. Half way through the trial the insurance company of my cousin's daughter offered to settle for $20,000 but the other driver refused and would not budge from wanting $50,000. The next day the case went to the jury. The jury did find the daughter negligent but only awarded the other driver $150 for damages (just the day before he had turned down the $20,000). 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1