THE BROWNS BOARD

Free lunch?

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/akron-canton-news/list-of-places-throughout-akron-offering-free-meals-to-students-during-the-summer-months

God forbid people who are probably already getting food stamps should have to suffer the indignity of having to cook the shit up and feed it to their brats.

WSS

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/akron-canton-news/list-of-places-throughout-akron-offering-free-meals-to-students-during-the-summer-months

God forbid people who are probably already getting food stamps should have to suffer the indignity of having to cook the shit up and feed it to their brats.

WSS

This is pretty silly but if your parents are pieces of shit then you have to rely on someone else to feed you. I dealt with kids whose parents got food stamps/welfare and spent their days doped up. 

21 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Pretty much every library in Cuyahoga county does this 

I like the idea of work requirements for government assistance for those who are able bodied. First of all it is a biblical concept. In the new covenant the Apostle Paul (mean old Paul) said those who didn't work should not eat. We have seen where work requirements immediately reduces the numbers of those receiving aid because some will take it for free but pass if they have to work for it (but if they pass it only shows they really didn't need it).

37 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I like the idea of work requirements for government assistance for those who are able bodied. First of all it is a biblical concept. In the new covenant the Apostle Paul (mean old Paul) said those who didn't work should not eat. We have seen where work requirements immediately reduces the numbers of those receiving aid because some will take it for free but pass if they have to work for it (but if they pass it only shows they really didn't need it).

And if that person is 9 years old?

2 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

And that would be a problem. If the able bodied parents refuse to work I have no problem seeing them cut off but you don't want to see the children punished because of the parents.

I agree. And that's basically what the article in the OP is about

I guess just the idea of any kind of personal responsibility evaporating as decades and generations go by sucks.

I guess we should expect soup kitchens in every town, actually on every block just in case recipients are too fucking lazy hop on a bus to get there free breakfast lunch and dinner. Which is probably Phase 2. I mean really why should we expect any parent to feed a kid ever?

Just wait for the protests and lawsuits when some deadbeats brat eats something he's allergic to.

And some people wonder why the dregs of the third world shitholes swarm over the Border.

WSS