THE BROWNS BOARD

So who wants in?

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I'm tapped out. I got an email from a Nigerian prince and  I will be getting $50,000 and all I had to do was pay him a few thousand in fees and taxes. What  a deal. Maybe when my 50 grand comes in I will get a hold of Alex Joo Lee.

Say, the Nigerian prince wants me to pay a 10% fee, and I'll get my $50,000, and a lawyer for nobility in England has 500,000 pounds to send to my bank, in my name, as soon as I can pay his lawyer fees of $27,500 in American money...inheritance ! who knew?

What is sad, is these scams are everywhere, and the elderly folks in assisted living homes can make a mistake on some of them.

9 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Say, the Nigerian prince wants me to pay a 10% fee, and I'll get my $50,000, and a lawyer for nobility in England has 500,000 pounds to send to my bank, in my name, as soon as I can pay his lawyer fees of $27,500 in American money...inheritance ! who knew?

What is sad, is these scams are everywhere, and the elderly folks in assisted living homes can make a mistake on some of them.

The elderly are the most vulnerable to these scams.

My son got hit on one recently. He went to Kings Island and they had a Kings Island sweepstakes contest for a free vacation that he filled out when entering the park. He got a phone call last week from someone who said they were from Kings Island and telling him he won and just wanted some credit card information. He told them no way was he giving out credit card information on the phone. He called Kings Island to let them know about the scam but my question is how did someone know he had even filled out the Kings Island sweepstakes form unless it was someone affiliated with Kings Island?

11 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The elderly are the most vulnerable to these scams.

My son got hit on one recently. He went to Kings Island and they had a Kings Island sweepstakes contest for a free vacation that he filled out when entering the park. He got a phone call last week from someone who said they were from Kings Island and telling him he won and just wanted some credit card information. He told them no way was he giving out credit card information on the phone. He called Kings Island to let them know about the scam but my question is how did someone know he had even filled out the Kings Island sweepstakes form unless it was someone affiliated with Kings Island?

sometimes a legit worker will make money by selling the information to scammers. I company I once worked for years ago, buys residential lists with contact info, from the government. They process it, and sell those updated databases to ...

people who have sales calling centers ? whatever. I never thought that could be legal....the privacy act came later maybe.

• Upvote 1