THE BROWNS BOARD

video shows man charge cop with knife AFTER he’s been shot and he nearly gets the cop’s gun

It was stunning to see how someone could get shot so many times yet keep coming after the police. The police did everything they could to keep from shooting the man but he was determined to seal his own fate....

https://therightscoop.com/shocking-video-shows-man-charge-cop-with-knife-after-hes-been-shot-and-he-nearly-gets-the-cops-gun/

This video is a good tutorial for the people who, after police legitimately shoot and kill an armed person, ask "But why couldn't they just wound him? Why didn't they just shoot him in the leg?"

I recently read an article (can't remember where--it's called Google) that addressed this issue. We watch movies and Mel Gibson shoots someone and they fly backwards 10 feet and die immediately. In reality, the only sure way to immediately stop someone is with either a head shot or a shot that severs the spinal cord. Even after shooting someone in a vital organ (including the heart) the person can take up to 1 minute to finally succumb. With a shot to tissue---an arm or leg---it then depends on what kind of person you're dealing with. Some people will succumb to fear and/or pain and stop immediately. But if you're dealing with someone---like the guy in this video---who doesn't care about the fear and pain, you are in a life-and-death, kill-or-be-killed situation.

Think Michael Brown, the 6'4" 292-lb "gentle giant", who was shot 5 times and kept coming until the sixth---and fatal---head shot.

Yes, center mass, that's the biggest target. However, I've read an account from an undercover police officer where he shot an armed robber in the heart with 00 buckshot, and the guy ran 100 yards before his brain finally realized that his heart was swiss cheese and he fell down dead. 

4 hours ago, Dste Ace said:

Yes, center mass, that's the biggest target. However, I've read an account from an undercover police officer where he shot an armed robber in the heart with 00 buckshot, and the guy ran 100 yards before his brain finally realized that his heart was swiss cheese and he fell down dead. 

I find that hard to believe.

14 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I find that hard to believe.

In your previous post you said that generally, someone shot in the heart will black out within 15-20 seconds. Let's conservatively cut that in half---say 7 to 10 seconds. All I'm saying is that if the person is 10 feet away and has a knife or other deadly weapon, that 7-10 seconds can seem like an eternity.

4 hours ago, Dste Ace said:

In your previous post you said that generally, someone shot in the heart will black out within 15-20 seconds. Let's conservatively cut that in half---say 7 to 10 seconds. All I'm saying is that if the person is 10 feet away and has a knife or other deadly weapon, that 7-10 seconds can seem like an eternity.

yep.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2017/10/16/the-21-foot-rule-why-is-it-important/

Through experimentation, Tueller developed what became known as the "21-Foot Rule," which concluded if a bad guy armed with a knife or a club was within 21 feet of you, the reasonable conclusion would be you were within his danger zone. In other words, the bad guy could cover 21 feet in about 1.5 seconds—before you could draw your handgun and neutralize the threat.

somewhere, there is a test - a gun instructor - and his shooting Wife - they showed they couldn't draw and shoot before

the "opponent" went 21 feet.