THE BROWNS BOARD

Dem eat Dem

Vambo

Georgia lawmaker who said man told her to 'go back where you came from' walks back part of claim

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgia-lawmaker-walks-back-claim-white-man-told-her-to-go-back-go-back-where-you-came-from

A Georgia state lawmaker has walked back a significant part of her viral claim that a white man told her to "go back where you came from" during a testy argument in a supermarket checkout lane, after the man denied the encounter unfolded the way she described.

The episode, hot on the heels of a national controversy over President Trump's remarks directed at four progressive Democrats, quickly made the rounds on social media.

Multiple news organizations on Sunday portrayed the episode as a plausible instance of racism, though the lawmaker already had tried to clarify her accusations.

State Rep. Erica Thomas herself acknowledged in an interview with local media on Saturday that she did not recall exactly what the man, Eric Sparkes, had said to her.

He said, 'go back,' you know, those types of words," Thomas said on Saturday. "I don't wanna say he said 'go back to your country,' or 'go back to where you came from,' but he was making those types of references, is what I remember."

"So, you don't remember exactly what he said?" a reporter pressed.

Thomas answered: "No, no, definitely not. But I know it was 'go back,' because I know I told him to 'go back.'"

That admission contradicted the tearful video Thomas posted to Facebook this past Friday, in which she said she was with her young daughter in the market and had more than 10 items in the supermarket's express lane.

"I decided to go live because I'm very upset, because people are getting really out of control with this, with this white-privilege stuff," she said. "I'm at the grocery and I'm in ... the aisle that says '10 Items or Less.' Yes, I have 15 items, but I'm nine months pregnant and I can't stand up for long, and this white man comes up to me and says, 'You lazy son of a b---h... You need to go back where you came from.'"

Thomas went on to accuse Trump of inciting hate. During the television interview Saturday, she said Sparkes "needs to be held accountable because people can't just go out and berate pregnant women."

Sparkes has forcefully denied making the racially charged comment, and in a dramatic moment, showed up in the middle of a television news interview featuring Thomas outside the Atlanta-area Publix store where the initial confrontation had unfolded.

"Did I say that? Is it on video?" Sparkes asked Thomas in front of reporters. He acknowledged calling Thomas "a lazy b---h" because she had taken too many items to the express checkout lane, but he denied the incident had anything to do with race.

Sparkes later told WSB-TV that despite Thomas' claim he's white, he is of Cuban descent -- and, like Thomas, is a Democrat. Sparkes said Thomas' accusations were politically motivated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Georgia state lawmaker Erica Thomas now uncertain man told her to 'go back to where you came from'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/20/erica-thomas-georgia-lawmaker-claims-man-verbally-assaulted-her/1786405001/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Georgia state Rep. Erica Thomas backtracks on racism accusations

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/georgia-state-rep-erica-thomas-backtracks-on-racism-accusations

another nasty, mouthy, fake victim. too bad. how is anybody supposed to know she was pregnant, anyways?

a good way for her to become one of the well known racebaiters on the national scene. She'll run for Congress, you betcha.

Erica Thomas Lied: They All Hear What They Want to Hear - The ...

13 hours ago - Maybe, if we're not being charitable, and Thomas really tried to stir up racial animosity, she should resign. But maybe she really believed she ...
2 days ago - Erica Thomas says she "feared for her life" after a white man told her to ... "send her back," after Trump criticized Somali-born congresswoman ..

Tulsi Gabbard says this 2020 Dem ‘not qualified’ to be commander-in-chief

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, argued Tuesday that Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., is “not qualified” to be president because she has no background in foreign policy.

"I think one of the things I'm most concerned with is Kamala Harris is not qualified to serve as commander-in-chief, and I can say this from a personal perspective as a soldier,” said Gabbard, who served in Iraq as a member of the Hawaii Army National Guard. “She's got no background or experience in foreign policy and she lacks the temperament that is necessary for a commander-in-chief.

Witnesses say lawmaker was the one who said 'go back' in argument: report

According to the AJC, a Publix employee told a Cobb County deputy that she witnessed Thomas "continuously tell Eric Sparkes to ‘Go back where you came from,’” but not from Sparkes.

The employee also reportedly told the police, “Mr. Sparkes began to leave, but Ms. Thomas kept ‘running her mouth’ as she approached him."

3 hours ago, Vambo said:

Witnesses say lawmaker was the one who said 'go back' in argument: report

According to the AJC, a Publix employee told a Cobb County deputy that she witnessed Thomas "continuously tell Eric Sparkes to ‘Go back where you came from,’” but not from Sparkes.

The employee also reportedly told the police, “Mr. Sparkes began to leave, but Ms. Thomas kept ‘running her mouth’ as she approached him."

She is comparable to Jusse Smollett..except she didn't file a police report, she just went crying on facebook and lying that someone said to her what she actually said to them..