THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump..no medals for prosecutors of Navy Seal

OldBrownsFan

Trump orders Navy to rescind medals from lawyers who prosecuted SEAL Eddie Gallagher

President Trump said Wednesday that he would order the Navy to rescind medals given to military lawyers who prosecuted a former Navy SEAL the president supported during his court martial on murder charges.

“The Prosecutors who lost the case against SEAL Eddie Gallagher (who I released from solitary confinement so he could fight his case properly), were ridiculously given a Navy Achievement Medal,” Trump wrote on Twitter.

“I have directed the Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer & Chief of Naval Operations John Richardson to immediately withdraw and rescind the awards,” Trump continued.

”I am very happy for Eddie Gallagher and his family!”

The four attorneys who prosecuted Gallagher were given Navy Achievement Medals last month, the Navy Times reported.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/31/trump-orders-navy-to-rescind-medals-from-lawyers-who-prosecuted-seal-eddie-gallagher/

8 minutes ago, Gorka said:

A lawyer just doing his job still sounds dirty.

The biggest problem I had with the case was how this Navy Seal was badly treated before the trial. It wasn't until Trump stepped in he started getting better treatment. These prosecutors were part of that Seal getting the bad treatment prior to trial and glad to see Trump step in again and see that they don't get rewarded. 

• Upvote 1

trouble is, when I researched this, those prosecutors failed to do their job. THEY might be in for some

judicial review on their behavior. I believe they withheld exculpatory evidence, and put                                                      

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2018/11/19/ncis-documents-cast-doubt-on-navy-seals-guilt-in-slaying-of-islamic-state-fighter/

"Two high-ranking Iraqi military leaders with close ties to the SEALs cast doubt on the case military prosecutors have formed against Chief Special Warfare Operator Edward “Eddie” Gallagher, who’s accused of murdering a wounded prisoner of war, according to records provided to Navy Times.

Their transcribed interviews contradict nearly every aspect of the federal case against Gallagher, 39, who faces up to 18 criminal counts, including premeditated murder for allegedly stabbing to a badly wounded Islamic State detainee near the Iraqi city of Mosul on May 3, 2017.   "                 

the one thing he did do, was pose with the body of the dead prisoner, known a a "trophy photo"...

and he knows he was wrong. And got a one step demotion because of it.

But that is legit. Before, he was stuck in prison away from his family.

NOTE: above - he was DETAINED by NCIS... while the investigators went in guns drawn, and marched his wife and kids out of the house in their underwear in the early morning hours? Did I read that right?

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2018/10/19/charged-with-war-crimes-and-stuck-in-the-brig-a-navy-seal-vows-to-fight-on/