THE BROWNS BOARD

Parma ranked 2nd in Ohio for best place to retire

DieHardBrownsFan

70.-Parma.jpgCollege Rentals

31. Ohio

City: Parma
Population: 80,000
Median Home Price: $118,000

Cost of living 12% below national average. PROS: Good rank on Milken Institute list of best cities for successful aging, high number of doctors per capita. Good air quality. Low serious crime rate. No state estate/inheritance tax, no state income tax on Social Security earnings. CONS: Cold winters.

No. 1 was Sandusky.

My godparents and cousins lived in Parma across the street from I think it was the Pleasant Valley school spent summer visits there until they moved to California and then Florida to actually retire.

Parma #2? Really? Well in some people's mind I guess.

5 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Jealous?🤣

Of California, Florida or Parma......no, none of them.

My sister in law just got home from Florida and said that she would never go back again. Hot, expensive, congested no thanks!  

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Of California, Florida or Parma......no, none of them.

My sister in law just got home from Florida and said that she would never go back again. Hot, expensive, congested no thanks!  

Uhh, yea.  I have always told people I would prefer a winter in NE Ohio to a summer in Florida.  I mean...really, now, if I were to go the Fla. now,  it would have to be sometime between November and April.

23 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Uhh, yea.  I have always told people I would prefer a winter in NE Ohio to a summer in Florida.  I mean...really, now, if I were to go the Fla. now,  it would have to be sometime between November and April.

Right from Thanksgiving weekend to the end of spring break if I'd even go.

Spring break 1969, 70, 71......well that's another thing.   ;)