THE BROWNS BOARD

20% of millenials admit they have no friends

calfoxwc

that is strange. A good bit concerning...

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-millenials-no-friends-yougov-poll-20190804-ek5odkrxmvbfhex7ytvp2p6rwy-story.html

"No new friends. No old friends. No friends... period?

More than 20% of millennials surveyed in a YouGov poll released this week claimed that they don’t have a single friend. And less than a third of Millennials said they have double-digit friends, according to the data, culled online in early July.

Even if younger Americans are overstating their isolation, the jarring numbers reflect long-term rising trends in loneliness. Studies have indicated that loneliness has myriad negative mental and physical health effects.

“Strong social relationships support mental health, and that ties into better immune function, reduced stress and less cardiovascular activation,” Debra Umberson, a professor of sociology at the University of Texas, told Time magazine in 2015."

• Haha 1

well, they gotta go where jobs are in this nomad economy. Always moving around means fewer long term relationships. I know most of the people I grew up with are gone. Their families are still here, but they had to leave for their work. Some obviously wanted to leave Ohio, but others "had to". It's a complex situation that I bet has more than a small part to do with this problem.